In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 4th, 2023 at 5:45:34 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: DoubleGold
Like 50% of the women are women but not women unless they're women.

Only 10% of women are women if you include just the women.

If you divide the women by the women and then subtract the women, we finally end up with the percentage of the women that are women.
February 4th, 2023 at 6:27:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DoubleGold
Only 10% of women are women if you include just the women.

If you divide the women by the women and then subtract the women, we finally end up with the percentage of the women that are women.

Perhaps this “joke” will be funny or clever on your third attempt. Fingers crossed for you.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 4th, 2023 at 6:34:25 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The subject matter is rich, so if anyone wanted to be humorous, they could have a field day with him.
February 4th, 2023 at 9:51:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Really? I think the ‘STBD’ crowd is rightfully embarrassed that our great country was unable to shoot it down before it went over a large swath of the USA. Another embarrassment for Biden, any way you want to frame it.

It crossed many miles of territory in Canada and came across our border. Didn't make sense to shoot it down and drop it on Canadian heads. For all we know we may have assumed it was a Canadian device at first.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2023 at 5:03:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
turns out the Chinese balloon* was at 60,000 feet. If it was higher, bigger problem, as I already mentioned. I wonder if it was a test to see if lower altitudes would work, much heavier stuff than cameras could then be on them.

* in a separate development, the Biden administration declared it is racist to call it a Chinese balloon, so it will be referred to now as a WB-23 device. J/K
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 5th, 2023 at 5:52:37 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: odiousgambit
turns out the Chinese balloon* was at 60,000 feet. If it was higher, bigger problem, as I already mentioned. I wonder if it was a test to see if lower altitudes would work, much heavier stuff than cameras could then be on them.

* in a separate development, the Biden administration declared it is racist to call it a Chinese balloon, so it will be referred to now as a WB-23 device. J/K

We shot down a satellite in 2008, I think we could have handled a higher altitude balloon

https://en..wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Burnt_Frost
February 5th, 2023 at 9:02:44 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Was it at 60,000 when they shot it down? They said it was at 80,000 while over Montana.

I think it will be interesting when they disclose what the payload was. Most people's first assumption was aerial photography but that doesn't make much sense as China has dozens of satellites that can do the photography. Also, what could China have been thinking. Obviously they knew we would see it yet they sent it anyways. I will be very interested in finding out their ture motive.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 5th, 2023 at 10:22:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich

Was it at 60,000 when they shot it down? They said it was at 80,000 while over Montana.

I think it will be interesting when they disclose what the payload was. Most people's first assumption was aerial photography but that doesn't make much sense as China has dozens of satellites that can do the photography. Also, what could China have been thinking. Obviously they knew we would see it yet they sent it anyways. I will be very interested in finding out their ture motive.

Come on DRich! What makes you think you will ever KNOW their motive? There will be a dozen or so THEORIES. NONE will ever be proven.

Do we know where the balloon was launched from?
What has China officially claimed the balloon was doing?

And my dumb question of the day….

Am I allowed to launch a balloon that high? Assuming I alert air traffic control type authorities…?
February 5th, 2023 at 10:43:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What makes you think you will ever KNOW their motive?

China sent us a balloon because…it’s someone’s birthday somewhere.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2023 at 12:35:28 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
In other Biden trivia…. He announced that over half the women in his administration are women….

Wake up and smell the perfume; he was right !

Half are women, half are trannies.

It's a progressive thing, dontcha know...