In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 1st, 2023 at 7:59:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Republicans attempting to enforce their ideas of social morality?

I'm shocked that you're shocked.

These laws are just a reaction to more and more LGBT people are comfortable coming out of the closet
The religious nuts thinks its child indoctrination which is insane
Thats why Desantis passed the dont say gay law
He is pandering to the religious nuts who hate LGBT people
The laws Republicans are passing are insanely hateful and are against freedom
Drag shows are becoming illegal. Its absurd
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 1st, 2023 at 8:17:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
These laws are just a reaction to more and more LGBT people are comfortable coming out of the closet
The religious nuts thinks its child indoctrination which is insane
Thats why Desantis passed the dont say gay law
He is pandering to the religious nuts who hate LGBT people
The laws Republicans are passing are insanely hateful and are against freedom
Drag shows are becoming illegal. Its absurd

The religious nuts would think that because they're always indoctrinating children into the church. That's especially true of Evangelicals; one of the end goals of their entire religious view being for wives to effectively be slaves to their husbands.

The religious nuts have always been a key component of the Republican base. Think about it---historical Republican devotion to not expanding social safety nets is actively bad for the rural poor, but they can turn a blind eye to that as long as their moral views get legislated.

It's just the classic marriage of church and corporate interests, same as it ever was.

First, they lost on abortion.

After that, they lost on gays in the military.

After that, they lost on gay marriage.

After that, they won on states' rights for abortion (which is Constitutionally correct, imo, not that I'd have overturned Roe v. Wade), but that caused them to lose in 2022 midterms.

Anyway, what are they supposed to do? If they can't pander to Evangelical mouth-breathers and the social views of Evangelical mouth-breathers, then what is their base---maybe 10% of the country?

What are they doing if they're not at least trying to slow down the expansion of personal liberty? They'd be screwed, because again, their economic policies are actively bad for poor rural folk.

Honestly, a Republican Party without the far right social views would just be a really crappy version of the Libertarian Party---and only slightly more popular.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 1st, 2023 at 8:19:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
At the same time, no social safety nets makes being a single mother significantly more difficult, especially if you were indoctrinated into the church and encouraged not to pursue higher education.

As a result, it becomes much more difficult to leave an abusive husband because, well, what are you going to feed the kids with?

And, you keep shizzing out kids because that's what your religion teaches you to do. More mouths, more difficult to feed all of them.

You see how this works?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 1st, 2023 at 9:53:40 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
At the same time, no social safety nets makes being a single mother significantly more difficult, especially if you were indoctrinated into the church and encouraged not to pursue higher education.

If they would follow God's plan there would be no single mothers.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 1st, 2023 at 10:05:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich

Delightful!

That song made me happier than a priest at the bottom of a stairway in a Catholic school.
March 1st, 2023 at 10:16:11 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

Delightful!

That song made me happier than a priest at the bottom of a stairway in a Catholic school.

I should have listened to the entire thing first. It was perhaps a little more vulgar than necessary. lol
March 1st, 2023 at 3:06:51 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
It was perhaps a little more vulgar than necessary. lol

Are you one of those Woke people? I am not sure that much can be more vulgar than anal sex.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 2nd, 2023 at 5:11:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'll put this in the news section.

Double Gold, I doubt if anyone is bothering to read your numerous posts, particularly at the rate you're posting.

Carry on.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:15:58 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Are you one of those Woke people? I am not sure that much can be more vulgar than anal sex.

Speaking of ‘woke’, one of my predictions is about to be proven wrong! Biden is likely to use his veto pen. The Senate just passed the ‘anti Woke investing’ bill. Tester and Manchin joined the Repubs to get the necessary majority.
In summary it says pension managers MUST ONLY consider the expected financial performance of a company and NOT its political or social or ‘green’ leaning. That if you are to be a true fiduciary the financial well being of your client should be what guides your investment decisions, not other perceived societal gains.

This does not prevent these managers from investing in what many Repubs would call ‘woke’ companies, but the ‘wokeness’ can’t be a factor in the investment decision.

Sounds reasonable to me ( and over 1/2 the Senators and Congressmen).
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:25:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Speaking of ‘woke’, one of my predictions is about to be proven wrong! Biden is likely to use his veto pen. The Senate just passed the ‘anti Woke investing’ bill. Tester and Manchin joined the Repubs to get the necessary majority.
In summary it says pension managers MUST ONLY consider the expected financial performance of a company and NOT its political or social or ‘green’ leaning. That if you are to be a true fiduciary the financial well being of your client should be what guides your investment decisions, not other perceived societal gains.

This does not prevent these managers from investing in what many Repubs would call ‘woke’ companies, but the ‘wokeness’ can’t be a factor in the investment decision.

Sounds reasonable to me ( and over 1/2 the Senators and Congressmen).

It's against freedom
Too many BS regulations
This "woke" stuff is Foxnews propaganda that you bought in lock stock and barrel
WTF IS WOKE???????
It's a childish term and right up there with big tits Desantis
You use that BS propaganda term all the time.
Why?????????
Talk about issues instead of propaganda BS from fox
Can you discuss an issue without using the childish term Woke?????????????
Say a company hires the best, even trans workers. Is that your BS term for woke???????
What's wrong with investing in a company that does not discriminate against Trans?????

Your verion of Woke equals hate
Remember this hateful post
Quote: SOOPOO
Google Sam Brinton! A ‘non binary’ bizarro appointed by Biden to some ‘high level nuclear’ position! Arrest warrant issued. Apparently he/she/they is a serial luggage stealer from airports! You appoint a clearly troubled person to such an important position and you get …. Trouble!
‘Woke’ at its finest!

If a trans or nonbinary can do the job then hire. Hate is finding one example of a trans and nonbinary that did a crime and claim its woke at its finest
Your version of woke is equal to HATE
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"