In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 2nd, 2023 at 6:41:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Speaking of ‘woke’, one of my predictions is about to be proven wrong! Biden is likely to use his veto pen. The Senate just passed the ‘anti Woke investing’ bill. Tester and Manchin joined the Repubs to get the necessary majority.
In summary it says pension managers MUST ONLY consider the expected financial performance of a company and NOT its political or social or ‘green’ leaning. That if you are to be a true fiduciary the financial well being of your client should be what guides your investment decisions, not other perceived societal gains.

This does not prevent these managers from investing in what many Repubs would call ‘woke’ companies, but the ‘wokeness’ can’t be a factor in the investment decision.

Sounds reasonable to me ( and over 1/2 the Senators and Congressmen).

I don't know how Republicans manage that twist in thinking when they complain about restricting things they like but others don't. Here they are restricting what is a suggestion. I would suggest they should follow their own damn ideals. We suggest you get a sonogram or speak to a counselor before an abortion instead of making it mandatory. I would have been fine with that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:52:38 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

If a trans or nonbinary can do the job then hire. Hate is finding one example of a trans and nonbinary that did a crime and claim its woke at its finest
Your version of woke is equal to HATE

It seems to me if we just quit identifying people by gender the problem would be solved. Why is a gender designation necessary in the first place?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 2nd, 2023 at 6:57:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
It seems to me if we just quit identifying people by gender the problem would be solved. Why is a gender designation necessary in the first place?

Good point actually. Not sure if it's going to be practiced, but in a lot of activities, gender isn't necessary to know whether business or personal. Of course, if someone has international business, then someone probably has to adjust to the cultural differences or risk losing business.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 2nd, 2023 at 7:00:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich

I agree
If somebody committed a crime. Gender has nothing to do with it unless you are convinced It does like Soopoo
Woke = Hate
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 2nd, 2023 at 8:12:06 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
More likely 80%.

It's an example of biased polling.

The giveaway is when the biased panel were chosen.

---------------------------------------

61% Believe Feds Helped Incite Capitol Riot

March 02, 2023
The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on February 26-28, 2023 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/61_believe_feds_helped_incite_capitol_riot

-----------------------------------------
March 2nd, 2023 at 9:14:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DoubleGold
More likely 80%.

It's an example of biased polling.

The giveaway is when the biased panel were chosen.

---------------------------------------

61% Believe Feds Helped Incite Capitol Riot

March 02, 2023
The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on February 26-28, 2023 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/61_believe_feds_helped_incite_capitol_riot

-----------------------------------------

You have to learn to how use the quote function.

I have no idea what this is in response to. You post so much garbage in such quick succession, it’s hard to keep it all straight.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 2nd, 2023 at 9:40:18 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Speaking of ‘woke’, one of my predictions is about to be proven wrong! Biden is likely to use his veto pen. The Senate just passed the ‘anti Woke investing’ bill. Tester and Manchin joined the Repubs to get the necessary majority.
In summary it says pension managers MUST ONLY consider the expected financial performance of a company and NOT its political or social or ‘green’ leaning. That if you are to be a true fiduciary the financial well being of your client should be what guides your investment decisions, not other perceived societal gains.

This does not prevent these managers from investing in what many Repubs would call ‘woke’ companies, but the ‘wokeness’ can’t be a factor in the investment decision.

Sounds reasonable to me ( and over 1/2 the Senators and Congressmen).

March 2nd, 2023 at 9:43:21 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Terapined…. about the pension bill…. That IS an issue I brought up. I guess I want my pension manager to only consider financial stuff and not ‘causes’ and the like when choosing what to buy. BAD company makes 10% by selling oil. GOOD company makes 2% by harnessing cow farts. I want my pension manager to buy the oil company.
You use the word HATE way too much! I do not hate transgender people. Reminding you I took care of them for years. My feelings for them ranged from ‘liked’ to ‘felt sorry for’. Kind of like all people, actually.. I don’t hate Sam Brinton. I hate that such an obviously troubled individual was appointed by our President to an important nuclear type position.

You didn’t (as usual) actually address the issue I brought up. Do you want your pension manager to do the best for your money or use racial/global warming/gender affirmation type decisions influence him?

ams posted right after I typed above..

I will affirm that the ‘woke agenda’ has had no negative influence on my sex life.
March 2nd, 2023 at 9:49:41 AM permalink
ams288
I just thought it was a funny screencap.

Hard to imagine his sex life was thriving pre-woke agenda.
March 2nd, 2023 at 9:54:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

https://www.newsweek.com/kari-lake-warns-gop-cant-sit-out-culture-wars-amid-woke-hersheys-ad-1785137?amp=1
The absurdity of this "woke" campaign
Clearly woke is a code word for hate
Why don't these people that are anti woke just come out and say they are hateful people
It's really incredible the hate out there when woke is used. Can spoke candies be woke??? Yes according to people that use the term and hate the M and M cartoon characters
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"