In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 20th, 2023 at 6:26:46 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I hate to ask, but if NYC was so well-running at that time, how come no one stepped up to continue the good work? And why couldn't they win if it was obviously so successful for everyone?

Republican John Lhota would have continued the successes of Guiliani and Bloomberg, but most voters were too young to remember how it was twenty years before, when 2,000 people were being murdered every year and fourteen-year old crackhead girls were turning tricks for $1.25. Many other voters were new to the city and had no idea what it was like before Guiliani and Bloomberg. Racial demographics also changed to permanently favor the democrats.
April 20th, 2023 at 7:10:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
If we try to help others and show them they're being scammed, they still won't believe it.

They have a tendency to take it personal too.

The weak ones claim to the world they blocked someone so others know to try to censor the person.

That's what blues do.

Try to take away constitutional amendment rights.

Like freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, etc.

So you're for "go woke, go broke" but complain about being blocked? That's not consistent. You don't like being shut out apparently but have no problem seeing a company being punished for representing something you don't agree with.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 20th, 2023 at 7:22:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Republican John Lhota would have continued the successes of Guiliani and Bloomberg, but most voters were too young to remember how it was twenty years before, when 2,000 people were being murdered every year and fourteen-year old crackhead girls were turning tricks for $1.25. Many other voters were new to the city and had no idea what it was like before Guiliani and Bloomberg. Racial demographics also changed to permanently favor the democrats.

John Lhota
The guy is a clown
He hates the freedom artists have
He wants art censored
Another conservative against freedom
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mr-lhota-regrets-art-flap-article-1.1337886
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 20th, 2023 at 7:48:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
As far as I know, no one is required to believe anything. You can believe the government is out to get you at every turn, vaccines are more dangerous than covid, or even that Trump is a self-made man. You can even claim to be more informed than most even when that is laughable.

You can believe a man can be a woman just because he thinks he is and claim to be informed. But that is heart attack laughable.
The President is a fink.
April 20th, 2023 at 7:49:40 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
You can believe a man can be a woman just because he thinks he is and claim to be informed. But that is heart attack laughable.

You would know all about heart attack laughable claims…

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2023 at 7:55:50 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Lots of suggestions out there and really nobody is calling to eliminate the public schools. Though some should be closed, namely the ones that you hear of with low graduation rates and few kids at grade level. The ones with high violence levels, and I am not talking about the random shooter thing.

We need charter schools. We need more home schooling. We need "neighborhood home schooling" with a few families pooling the duties. We need private schools that might have specialties. We need to quit throwing money at the public schools that give no better results.

CONSERVATIVES ignore this? In what country? In the USA conservatives favor letting the states set the mw. Liberals want the one-size-fits-all approach.

To your last paragraph: What I mean is the messaging is bad and ignores the Microeconomy in other locations. When conservatives make statements like, "Someone working part-time at McDonald's in High School does not need a 'living wage,'" I don't think anyone on the left is arguing for that.

When you look at the comparison I made in my post, I was looking at an actual, full-time, Assistant Grocery Manager job in San Francisco that says the range is $30-$36/hour, which you and I both know means $30/hour. If they don't get any overtime, then you're in a position where making $30/hour there is roughly the equivalent of making $8/hour in some other places. Except, AGM's at grocery stores almost certainly make more than $8/hour anywhere.

So, when people are talking about, 'Living wage,' both sides tend to ignore the difference in microeconomy from one locale to another. As a result, the messaging becomes poor, on both sides, and neither side ends up even having the same conversation as the other one.

In terms of policy, you think that states should handle their own. I would also assume, based on that, you think that states can even kick the matter further down to Counties and Cities, if they wanted, which I would also agree with. That SHOULD be the messaging. The messaging should not be that some high schooler dunking french fries into hot oil does not need a living wage....nobody is arguing that he does.

The High Schools with low graduation rates are at least being honest. Personally, I'd like to see graduation rates in the area of 80%, because then, graduating high school would at least mean something. If nothing else, it would mean that you're good at being physically present in a place roughly as often as you are supposed to be and willing to put a non-zero effort into things.

If you had a graduation rate of 100%, then graduating H.S. would just mean that you are a human person who lived long enough to do so.

80% seems about right. Graduating at least means something. We're getting to the point that two-year degrees barely mean anything...which you would have to try pretty hard to convince me is an ideal state of affairs.

As far as the home schooling, what would you suggest is preventing that from taking place? Also, wouldn't, "Neighborhood home schooling," de facto, just be the same thing as a really small private school?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 20th, 2023 at 7:58:00 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Tanko
'just'

That has to be the dumbest post in the history of posts.

I mean, you can't pretend that you expect zero when 2A defenses would seem to lead to an expected result greater than what it otherwise might be.

Also, don't mistake me for being anti-2A. I'm not. I'm probably about as neutral as neutral gets on gun control. If the Government starts going after non-automatic handguns, then I'll have a problem.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 20th, 2023 at 8:00:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Compared to the lefties about voter suppression that does not exist? Give me a break.

Oh, yeah, I guess you do not remember lefties claims about rigged voting machines in 2004? Give me a break!

Ohio. I've mentioned that here before. There was also a vote in the House of Representin' not to certify the results. Of course, the rank-and-file voters on the blue side did not go all apes*it over the whole thing.
April 20th, 2023 at 8:00:53 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30

Sterility will correct itself.

Anyone believing in that sterility scam is just trying to get resources out of the US Treasury without working.

Their DNA likely won't persist.

So it's a temporary phenomenon, unless men begin to have babies to compensate for the women not having babies.
April 20th, 2023 at 8:04:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Btw, I never have claimed they are biological women. Not ever. I don't need to argue people have to fit under one mold to fit into society. That's a form of nazism.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?