In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 2nd, 2017 at 5:28:22 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Flynn's testimony will be worth so little if ever used in a court of law.

"Mr. Flynn, so you testified that DJT paid $1 billion to Putin to get DJT the election."

"What were you promised from the prosecutor in return for this testimony?"

"Nothing really, just that they would not send me to jail, only charge me with one count of lying, even though they had me on multiple counts of lying, and they also promised me they wouldn't charge my son who is guilty of many crimes. But NOW I'm telling the truth!"

Unless Flynn has some EVIDENCE (he may) like recorded conversations, pictures, receipts, etc., his testimony will be worth SQUAT!

True. But it'll be judged in the court of public opinion, not a court of law, if it gets to Trump. He'll just dump a fat report on Congress.

Unless he's hiding a bunch of money laundering transactions with Russians in his tax returns. For which there is some indirect evidence and a whole lot of speculation.

Mueller must have his tax returns. His scope would definitely encompass seeing them.

As to it ending with Flynn. Not a chance. This is going to go on for years. It's just starting.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 2nd, 2017 at 5:38:28 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: beachbumbabs
True. But it'll be judged in the court of public opinion, not a court of law, if it gets to Trump. He'll just dump a fat report on Congress.

Trump is already a loser in the court of public opinion. Is it a third of Americans who approve of him now? I just don't think testimony alone from Flynn even moves the needle on a possible impeachment.
December 2nd, 2017 at 5:38:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Baltimore sees 319th killing of 2017, eclipsing last year's homicide total

Don't expect better policing anytime soon, cops don't take a chance with being charged with homicide by the DA for an accidental death.
The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2017 at 5:45:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I doubt any of the homicides were accidents.
December 2nd, 2017 at 5:47:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Ten second full mouth toothbrushes and three second full mouth toothbrushes are taking GoFundMe by storm.

I guess Yuppies really are time challenged these days.
December 2nd, 2017 at 5:58:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
I doubt any of the homicides were accidents.

Baltimore could do well with "Broken Window" policing. Like Rudy did in NYC. You put cops on beats and they start with the small things. Drives some people nuts, but gets the message out that the city is watching. Small things lead to big things as people see the cops do not care.

But what happens is you always get some "black leader" who claims the cops are just harassing black folks, and try to get it stopped. Black culture clearly has a theme of, "when a non-black is accused against a black, you defend the black, even if the black is wrong. Else get shunned."

So a Sharpton of Jackson comes in to race bait so they can later have something to point to when they shake whomever down for funding. Perhaps 90% of blacks in the city side with them. They make a hassle. The cops, both administration and rank-and-file, figure if the people want to live in a hell hole, let them. We (cops) will just go home at night and forget about it.

In NYC, there were enough fed up whites living in the city that this tactic did not work and "Broken Window" did. Though liberals hated BW, you even saw snipes on shows like "Law and Order." They had to mostly keep it, though, because it worked. Though now NYC is headed back to the 1970s.
The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2017 at 7:30:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Trump is already a loser in the court of public opinion. Is it a third of Americans who approve of him now? I just don't think testimony alone from Flynn even moves the needle on a possible impeachment.

Although I know the polls say that, I am not sure if it is true. Those are the same style polls that had Hillary winning the election easily. I think the Trump supporters are more underground. If the election was today I bet the results would be similar.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 2nd, 2017 at 8:31:34 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

It is more like 40% from the sites that average all polls. The Democratic party is also polling about the same percentage. A presidential election today is still likely a coin flip just as it was a year ago.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 2nd, 2017 at 9:02:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Flynn's testimony will be worth so little if ever used in a court of law.

"Mr. Flynn, so you testified that DJT paid $1 billion to Putin to get DJT the election."

"What were you promised from the prosecutor in return for this testimony?"

"Nothing really, just that they would not send me to jail, only charge me with one count of lying, even though they had me on multiple counts of lying, and they also promised me they wouldn't charge my son who is guilty of many crimes. But NOW I'm telling the truth!"

Unless Flynn has some EVIDENCE (he may) like recorded conversations, pictures, receipts, etc., his testimony will be worth SQUAT!
john Gotti and his lawyers used the same tactics against former liar and killer Sammy the Bull Gravano. John Gotti lost, was convicted amd went to jail because liar, killer Sammy the Bull came clean and told the truth. Everybody knows the truth is a powerful weapon. If a jury can believe a killer liar gangster such as Sammy the Bull coming clean, of course they can believe Mueller a former patriot that never killed or was a gangster is now coming clean
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 2nd, 2017 at 9:16:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Broken Window's triumph was a turnstile jumper having his prints match for a murder scene.

Writing citations all day long for littering, jaywalking, loitering, noise complaints, garbage cans, etc. is hardly 'real' policing.