In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 30th, 2017 at 8:52:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Al Gore is an adult. He conceded
Moore is pathetic. He will never ever concede. Very sore loser. One of the most sore losers ever in an election.

Dec 13 2000
Al Gore
“I accept the finality of the outcome, which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College . And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession.”

Pretty classy statement.

You are right a pretty classy statement. Now if only get all the dems and lefties were to issue a similar classy statement about Trump winning the presidential election the US could get on with its life.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 30th, 2017 at 9:00:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
I called Moore a pathetic man.

You felt the need to respond by bringing Al Gore into it for some reason. Al Gore conceded.

It's that partisan "both sides" reflex that you righties often rely on to try to make a point.

You said I defended Moore. Read your words from the previous post you made. I agree with you that Moore is a pathetic man. What is wrong with you that you can't understand that? Moore asking for a recount is one of his least objectionable actions. Just like with Trump, lefties like you can't seem to focus on what is really wrong with someone, and have to include everything that person says or does as a terrible thing. Trump and Moore have so many weaknesses, if you stick to the real ones your points are stronger than if you try to besmirch them on everything. Too bad you can't understand this.
December 30th, 2017 at 9:01:05 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Al Gore is an adult. He conceded
Moore is pathetic. He will never ever concede. Very sore loser.

That is correct.

Roy Moore doesn't concede.

Quote:
He ran for governor in 2006 and 2010, losing in the GOP primaries in each race. Moore lost 66%-33% to Bob Riley in 2006. In 2010, he finished fourth, with 19%. He never conceded either race.

He is a pathetic POS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2017 at 9:12:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
You are right a pretty classy statement. Now if only get all the dems and lefties were to issue a similar classy statement about Trump winning the presidential election the US could get on with its life.

I lean left. I admit I hate Trump
but
I agree Trump is the President of the United States
He won
The diff
Moore will never ever accept Doug Jones as a Senator.
Moore will never accept that Jones won
Moore will crybaby about this for years
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 30th, 2017 at 9:15:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Dec 13 2000
Al Gore
“I accept the finality of the outcome...

check the timeline, this was after the supreme court decision. BTW I am amazed at how people have forgotten what we were headed into: it appeared possible that we would advance into the new year without a settled election.

https://uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/pe2000timeline.php
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 30th, 2017 at 10:29:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I agree Trump is the President of the United States
He won

Trump is worse than a sore loser. He's a sore winner.

And so are many, if not most, of his supporters.

They're not content to have won the election, they want to rub it in, and they want the opposition to acquiesce to all the lies the Orange Twit and his enablers propagate and believe, from the magnitude of his electoral victory (barely won in reality), to complete unquestioning agreement with his policies (in reality he's pandering to the worst elements in the GOP).

Quote:
Moore will crybaby about this for years

As will Trump.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 30th, 2017 at 12:07:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Aggression starts to ramp up against Iran; https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-30/us-state-department-hints-iran-overthrow-are-we-witnessing-early-stages-regime

Shouldn't be long before they find "yellowcake": Al Nusra, aka Al queda, aka "moderate islamic fundamentalist Sunni's, aligned with the US has bombed an Iranian oil pipeline, let the games begin: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-30/jihadist-group-blows-oil-pipeline-iran-midst-protests

"“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” – William Casey, CIA Director, 1981"
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 30th, 2017 at 3:06:12 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

Hillary Clinton's concession speech

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/11/09/politics/hillary-clinton-concession-speech/index.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 30th, 2017 at 3:13:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
Hillary Clinton's concession speech

When she finally got around to giving it.
And before she wrote her book with 101
reasons she lost, none of them being her
fault.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 30th, 2017 at 4:00:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Well, it was Trump who started with all that nonsense about the size of his crowds at inauguration. It was the beginning of a long line of dubious claims.

Is it really that hard to understand why he doesn't get the classy response?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?