In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 19th, 2018 at 12:44:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not just the LSM, there is also control in mainstream entertainment.
Absolutely. The giant pedo ring in Hollywood gets little to no coverage and is the best known secret in H-wood. Almost no media coverage at all. Lolita express, etc.

add; https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-19/snowden-trump-must-veto-reauthorized-nsa-spying-powers-light-fisa-memo

They reauthorized the warrantless wiretapping. So right there, is elimination of the 4th and 5th BOR. It's great to see people finally getting concerned about losing their rights, but what took them so long to get here?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 19th, 2018 at 12:49:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I read a comment that cracked me up last night, a little. The guy says, Just protect the coastline, keep the mail running, and coin the money, was that to little to ask?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 19th, 2018 at 5:19:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Omarossa lawyered up and may have secretly recorded white house conversations? What a bunch of backstabbers.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 19th, 2018 at 5:54:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
Omarossa lawyered up and may have secretly recorded white house conversations? What a bunch of backstabbers.

She absolutely recorded conversations
The no cell phone in the WH rule was because of her
Probably weighing her options on the best way to monetize the recordings
The amount of coin earned by Michael Wollf, very lucrative to go anti-Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 20th, 2018 at 11:23:33 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Babs
If there is any good to Trump, it is that he forces so many of us who thought we shared a national set of values to realize we do, indeed, share them, regardless of our position on the political spectrum.

Quote: AZDuffman

You are not understanding Trump nor the Trump supporters. Trump won because he understands the working class man, and woman for that matter. We are tired of being told how awful the USA is, and how awful we are. Tired of a government that cares more about refugee and illegal aliens than working people, than our vets. Tired of seeing a collapsing culture. Perhaps most of all, tired of a PC culture where too many people wait around to be offended to better their situation.

Quoted together because my responses involves both.

I don't think I'm missing what Trump's about or what his supporters dig. You may remember me stating I hoped he won. You may remember me showing joy when he took and then looked to be increasing the lead. And in case you do not remember, I am glad that he's in. And in case you want to know, because I have not said it, I continue to be happy that he's in. I also see potential for greatness in his regime. I hate his f#$%ing guts, have since I was a child. I find him to be repugnant and disgusting as a human being, but I do find some joy in the things I've seen so far.

To bring Babs' post into this, there really are things to be happy about. I do not think the economy is all his doing. I don't even think he's responsible for the majority of it. But his actions have certainly not hurt it, and though some of it is merely smoke and mirrors (pro coal, probably most obvious), its effect is currently more positive than negative. That's a good thing. I won't go into everything he's done, partially because it's too early to see how it'll flesh out, but also that I've not been paying attention enough to debate his every move. But one thing is certain, he's thrown a monkey wrench into things which has caused a LOT of really f#$%ed up things to come into light. Everything from Hil's kaibosh of Sanders, to highlighting foreign interference in our elections, to the extremely f#$%ed up "party over country" politics that not just Trump plays, or just the GOP, or just Obama, but that EVERY SINGLE ONE of these POS' are in on. THIS is what's got me so happy. All of the things that I, personally, find such offense in, are finally being brought to light, and I'm being shown that I've been right all along. That wouldn't have happened without Trump. Additionally, his failures have also caused huge change. If not for pussy grabbing, Metoo# would never have existed, and while #Metoo is toeing with the line, it's just the beginning. I expect an overreach, a correction, and eventually ending up at a place way better than we began. That is a good thing, and it never would've happened without Trump, or with Clinton.

The thing that's got me bothered is the tossing of principle. We saw it with Obama where the GOP played obstructionist. There was nothing higher on the priority list than "make the enemy fail". That was a s#$% move by a s#$% party, and the GOP should be ashamed to have done it. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, what do I expect? I expect, as we both have championed so many times, for people to act like proper f#$%ing adults. It's how men act. It's how Jesus has taught, is it not? But are we getting that? No. What we've gotten was a carbon copy repeat, just with swapped positions. And rather than fury at the hypocrisy and failure of job, people who I once felt united with on this front are now championing the bad behavior. This more than anything is what compelled me to post about you specifically. When a member taunts you like a child, you do not mirror the behavior. When a member confronts you in an insulting manner, you do not lower yourself to their standard. For ten years I've watched you high road it every time. But now, today is a mirror image of 6 years ago, it's just that the members have switched parts. The threads are full of "Well, the GOP did and you said this!" followed by "Because the Dems did it before!". Everyone is suddenly in a race to the bottom to emulate the very worst traits of the "enemy" party, and I just do not f#$%ing get it. We aspire to be the cream, not intentionally lower ourselves to be the sludge.

It bothers me because it's exactly what i see, and what I hate, about Trump. EB is right in that he is treating the press just as the press has treated him, but is that how men act? I get the thought that when a man punches you in the face, you punch him dead back. But that's not this. This is some catty bitch fits that real men are above, things which any self respecting person wouldn't give a second thought about, but he seems to make it his priority. When's the last time you saw a professional referee shouting emotionally over a player or coach he had power over, and what are your thoughts when you see it? What about 5-0 that has someone pulled over? A judge on the bench? A teacher with a child? Those with power and authority must have the constitution to wield it responsibly and properly. I would be embarrassed to death to act as Trump does when I'm wearing the stripes, to give little shots or retaliatory penalties to coaches who talked s#$% about my call, to puff my chest and brag about how well my whistle works, etc, and I'm a brain damaged, white trash addict with a sailor's mouth and penchant for violence. If I can hold myself together easily in the face of these exact same types of strife, i sure as hell expect the leader of the free f#$%ing world, a *cough* self made billionaire businessman to do the same. But not only does he not, he doesn't even seem to have the ability, or even, sickest of all, a realization that that level of candor exists.

I dunno. Just rambling now. In short, I just felt I was watching you become that which you hate, become all the things you've for years spent time railing against, and I thought it worth mentioning. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 20th, 2018 at 12:12:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
EB is right in that he is treating the press just as the press has treated him, but is that how men act?

What men. It's how Trump acts and we
knew it from the gitgo. From years ago.
He engages with people, if you spit at
him, he spits back at you 10 fold. Lots
of successful men throughout history
have been like that, it's why they were
successful.

Trump gets things done, but that's not
enough. He also has to act the way we
think is proper, talk like a president,
whatever that means, and conform to
whatever we think he should be. He
doesn't have a problem being Trump,
he never for a second tried to hide who
he is. Why is everybody now acting so
shocked and horrified, I don't get it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2018 at 12:54:19 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
What men. It's how Trump acts and we
knew it from the gitgo. From years ago.
He engages with people, if you spit at
him, he spits back at you 10 fold. Lots
of successful men throughout history
have been like that, it's why they were
successful.

Trump gets things done, but that's not
enough. He also has to act the way we
think is proper, talk like a president,
whatever that means, and conform to
whatever we think he should be. He
doesn't have a problem being Trump,
he never for a second tried to hide who
he is. Why is everybody now acting so
shocked and horrified, I don't get it.

My beef, at it's core, isn't so much about Trump. I know he's a POS, I knew it since the Ivanka / Marla days, glimpsing the tabloids as a child being toted to grocery shopping. I'm not at all shocked by his behavior; as you've said, we knew what we were getting.

What bothers me is how it's affecting those around me. The reason I (perhaps unfairly) singled out AZD is because the shift I believe I saw in his person mirrors that which I see among those in my real life. I had someone in my house just last week that asked what I was doing for "Nigger Day". Like, wtf? Why would you say something like that? Because they do! Who? BLM, all those f#$%s...

I with no question at all get what AZD said. It IS tiring hearing that YOU (one's self) is the problem, the enemy, or needs to be taken down a peg. It is hard, even for this half breed, to try to be non judgemental to those of different color, while your own color seems to be under attack. It's hard, even as a pro-women defender such as myself, to listen to these hyper feminists cry about the patriarchy and look in my direction with derision. I fully and completely understand his stance of feeling persecuted and enjoying the pushback we're seeing with Trump and guys like him.

But, I guess my point stems from my belief that this is all partial picture bulls#$%. The news, no matter how much integrity the source has, needs to be entertaining first and foremost. The word of God Himself would fail on cable TV if it supplied only 100% truth without the pomp and circumstance, without the circus. As such, the circus is oft what's provided. The white-hating BLM? They absolutely exist. The damaged feminazi that would sooner see all men killed? She absolutely exists. Every boogeyman you rail against, I rail against, they rail against, they ALL exist. BUT, it is my belief that the actual occurrences of the people with these stances are in such a minority so as to be completely ignorable; it is only the constant exposure given by the media, which they must do to survive, that's got us all feeling like everyone's out to get us.

Maybe I'm the one out to pasture. But between my struggles with my brain problems and my inability to deal with the s#$% I see in media, I've taken some leaves of media and been out in the neighborhood instead. I found, when unplugged and just engaging in society, that things are pretty good. Of the 8 or so close friends on the force, none are seeing BLM push back or subject to an increase in hostilities. Their biggest issues in their lives are the changes in drug law, both the increased leniency on weed and the increased hostility on opiates. Not no-knocks, BLM riots, assault weapons, or any other "front page" issue. My teacher friend is mostly consumed with regular ol' schoolhouse bureaucracy. He spends zero effort each and every day on the front page trans issues. My best friend at work isn't bothered by BLM, isn't fretting about making $0.70 to my $1.00, has no pussy grabbing worries to speak of. All she cares about is if the supervisor remembered to supply the bagels that morning. So this last summer, instead of losing my s#$% at the computer and spending the rest of the night in a huff, I was out building sheds pro-bono and paling around with my neighbors, to the extent that every day is now one big block party. Some 8 houses consisting of 26 people and 13 dogs, all outside talking, working together, clearing each others driveways, trimming each others trees, mowing each others lawns, while 13 dogs run rampant without a leash law to concern ourselves with. From a basic courtesy of waving when you see each other, to being actively involved in helping each other obtain all the labor and assistance they need. And all it took was going outside.

Rambling again. I dunno. It seemed worth talking about.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 20th, 2018 at 1:05:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I found, when unplugged and just engaging in society, that things are pretty good.

I never EVER watch the news live.
Good god, why would I. If I see
a 4 min story on utube I might
look at it. I get all my news from
net papers like Drudge and Brietbart
and The Hill and others. Why would
you drive yourself insane with talking
heads blathering 24/7. Screw them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2018 at 1:34:53 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
What bothers me is how it's affecting those around me. The reason I (perhaps unfairly) singled out AZD is because the shift I believe I saw in his person mirrors that which I see among those in my real life. I had someone in my house just last week that asked what I was doing for "Nigger Day". Like, wtf? Why would you say something like that? Because they do! Who? BLM, all those f#$%s...

It's precisely why I call out people on the left for going under the belt with Trump. The s**t that you see in the mirror (Trump's philandering) was espoused by Clinton and Kennedy. Another person made fun of his weight? Who cares?

Policy is what matters at the federal level. We argue mostly about this on the forums because this is an international forum and I doubt that you'll find three people on the forum from your county. On this particular forum I doubt that even every state is represented; we have PA, NY, MI, FL, NV, and CA represented, but a small swath of the entire nation.

And I realize that white men feel like they are under attack, because they are. We have wielded the power since Confederation/Independence in North America (I'm including Canada) and it's precisely because we carry a penis and have white skin that we hold this power. And one can't deny it. And it isn't because we are inherently smarter and better -- it's because we have been systematically been give more opportunities over time.

The above statement is fundamentally true, and I challenge anyone to find a statistic or fact that denies this.

So government tries to reverse the order. Equal pay legislation, affirmative action (for awhile), rewards for hiring diversity, grants for the disabled, welfare for the disadvantaged, the immigration lottery, chain migration, DACA, minimum wage laws are all there to provide more opportunities and money, mostly, not for white males.

Trump is the quintessential white male, and he also happened to get alot of white women voting for him too, as well as the religious right. And what you are seeing today indeed is a protest against every faulty belief that he has.

BUT, it is my belief that the actual occurrences of the people with these stances are in such a minority so as to be completely ignorable; it is only the constant exposure given by the media, which they must do to survive, that's got us all feeling like everyone's out to get us.

The people the extreme ends typically are the loudest. I would say that you could turn off your news of choice for three months without affecting your life; tune in to your local news instead.

I found, when unplugged and just engaging in society, that things are pretty good. Of the 8 or so close friends on the force, none are seeing BLM push back or subject to an increase in hostilities. Their biggest issues in their lives are the changes in drug law, both the increased leniency on weed and the increased hostility on opiates.

The opiate issue should be a front page issue. So should health care. And the economy.

Long term, we do need to be thinking about the things that make your daily life (when you unplug and engage in society) pretty good: the ability to move freely (local roads, snow removal, traffic), to have clean air, power, and heating (local government); the ability to obtain health care (state/federal: Medicare/Medicaid, ACA, private insurance regulations); the ability to educate your children and enroll them eventually in programs that will give them a skill when they are about (state - schools and colleges); national defense - (federal: terrorism, border security, the military); economic policy - (federal: jobs, inflation, commodity pricing )

All of these things are big ticket items that government addresses and pays for with your tax dollars so that you can go out and build sheds, have a block party, mow lawns, and let your dogs run free. It also takes some of those tax dollars and tries to give those opportunities to those who can't afford it or would have a hard time achieving that.

Quote:
Rambling again. I dunno. It seemed worth talking about.

I want the same drugs that you are on. Great writing.
January 20th, 2018 at 7:33:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
And I realize that white men feel like they are under attack, because they are. We have wielded the power since Confederation/Independence in North America (I'm including Canada) and it's precisely because we carry a penis and have white skin that we hold this power. And one can't deny it. And it isn't because we are inherently smarter and better -- it's because we have been systematically been give more opportunities over time.

Nope, nope, nope, and nope. This is the attitude I was talking about when I say white males are under attack. I do deny it.
The President is a fink.