In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 1st, 2018 at 1:11:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Holy smokin crap:

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is on track to grow at a 5.4 percent annualized rate in the first quarter following the latest data on manufacturing and construction.." https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-atlantafed/atlanta-fed-upgrades-u-s-first-quarter-gdp-growth-view-to-above-5-percent-idUSKBN1FL644?il=0

If this happens the Dems will go insane.
It will be a sight to see, their open and
flagrant denial.. I can't wait.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 1st, 2018 at 2:15:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
In the Punjab some cult leader just had 400 of his followers castrated to bring them closer to God. Doctor who performed 300 of the operations, some of them forcibly, has been arrested.
February 1st, 2018 at 2:24:53 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Fleastiff
In the Punjab some cult leader just had 400 of his followers castrated to bring them closer to God. Doctor who performed 300 of the operations, some of them forcibly, has been arrested.
My 'chocolate starfish' just went 'half a crown sixpence'
To any American that understood that: Does the US have similar metaphors for that part of the body and that activity?

$:o)
February 1st, 2018 at 2:37:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Holy smokin crap:

"NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is on track to grow at a 5.4 percent annualized rate in the first quarter following the latest data on manufacturing and construction.." https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-atlantafed/atlanta-fed-upgrades-u-s-first-quarter-gdp-growth-view-to-above-5-percent-idUSKBN1FL644?il=0

They went insane when he was elected. Their whole midterm message is "Vote for us and we will invent a reason to impeach him!" That kind of growth makes that impossible, they would never have the backing.

If the memo tomorrow proves how corrupt the FBI has been for Hillary they will really crack.
The President is a fink.
February 1st, 2018 at 2:55:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
UH OH

Rising White House Fear: Nunes Memo is a Dud

Anyone with a brain knew this was going to be a misleading hit job as soon as we heard it was written by Devin Nunes...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 1st, 2018 at 3:05:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The dems need some new blood. https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2018/01/31/bernie-keeps-promoting-the-new-cold-war-and-yes-we-need-to-talk-about-it/

Bernie used to be the best sounding blue candidate, but when he rolled over for HRC he lost any shred of cred he might have had.

Same thing with Liz, she rolled for Hillary and voted for agenda 21. Should take them both and tie them to a pit bull and throw them all in the creek. What a war mongering neoliberal fraud.

Could America please have some new players?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 1st, 2018 at 3:06:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
UH OH

Rising White House Fear: Nunes Memo is a Dud

Anyone with a brain knew this was going to be a misleading hit job as soon as we heard it was written by Devin Nunes...

The Set of "anyone with a brain" does not seem to intersect with the Set of "Trump and his supporters."

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" Donald Trump.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 1st, 2018 at 3:22:13 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Holy smokin crap:

I'm not economically savvy enough to refute this, but 4th quarter fy 2017 growth was 2.6%, so I don't really see how they think it will more than double in the very next quarter.

Hard to get excited about a prediction. Results speak much more loudly.

You several members in general who wave the Trump flag so patriotically, I just don't understand. The long game is obvious. Trump's intent is to destroy all the checks and balances on the presidency, which is our democracy's differentiating feature from a monarchy or autocracy.

1. Undermine the free speech and freedom of the press guarantees in the constitution. Discredit dissenters, obfuscate facts, lie, lie, lie. Etc.

2. Undermine the judicial. Disregard rulings, discredit judges, backdoor intent to protect citizens rights. Etc.

3. Undermine DOJ /FBI /national law enforcement. Keep firing people who act independently or hold their obligation to defend the constitution above personal loyalty to him. Etc.

4. Undermine Congress. Disregard a 419-5 joint congressional law requiring sactions against our enemy, Russia. Disrespect and insult its members. Etc.

What do these 4 groups have in common? Each can bring down or curtail a president attempting to be a king or dictator. And just about the only groups who can, short of a people's revolution or civil war.

I fervently hope mid-term elections bring a divided government. I don't think the Republicans have the backbone to stop this.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
February 1st, 2018 at 3:27:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs

2. Undermine the judicial. Disregard rulings, discredit judges, backdoor intent to protect citizens rights. Etc.

I don't remember, didn't you support the candidate and party who wanted to overturn the Citizens United ruling?
The President is a fink.
February 1st, 2018 at 3:34:40 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
I don't remember, didn't you support the candidate and party who wanted to overturn the Citizens United ruling?

I still want to overturn Citizens United. I think it's a flawed judgement, political rather than constitutional.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has