In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 23rd, 2018 at 3:12:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
Nope just a human being who hates the double standard and the degrading consequences for both people when one has to pay for sex or have sex with someone they don't love.
There is no such thing as free sex.

I laugh at those heading into a marriage that think that particular aspect of the relationship won't be paid for dearly.

Some of the degrading activity happens surely, just as it does in marriage. Another reason I support legalizing prostitution, a man shouldn't be limited to having sex with a wife, just because they are married to each other. That is really sad. When there is no love in a relationship, men are still hard wired for sex, why do you want them to live so miserably?

You just want control, and being able to throttle the amount and participants is a great tool for the church. I'm really glad to see the church losing their power in this fashion over humanity.

Legalize brothels, and restore humanity. Let discovery of the real value of sex begin. Marriage is a racket.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 23rd, 2018 at 3:15:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
You mean like when they arrest the drug dealer but let the junky go?

Yup.

The rationale may or may not be moral though, simply practical. In some cases, some drug dealers don't even use the drugs they sell. There was a story about a biker group in California who had a specific ban on members using the needle. They killed one of the members in a spat. Selling the drugs though was not an issue. Needle users were considered bad business partners.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 23rd, 2018 at 4:30:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
pay for sex or have sex with someone they don't love.

Good lord, what the heck
does sex have to do with
love. You need to get out
more.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 23rd, 2018 at 4:42:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Another reason I support legalizing prostitution, a man shouldn't be limited to having sex with a wife, just because they are married to each other.

Now that I think about, it would probably be a better option than legal polygamy for everyone which is even more problematic legally than legal prostitution would be. Even if the polygamists could get rid of the reputation of having sex with underage girls, there's the business of having to run an excess number of boys out of the community so they can keep up the ratio of more women for fewer men. Too many boys around are a problem.

I wouldn't endorse people sneaking around though while the other partner doesn't know what's going on, whether man or woman though as far as prostitution goes.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 23rd, 2018 at 5:28:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Yup.

The rationale may or may not be moral though, simply practical. In some cases, some drug dealers don't even use the drugs they sell. There was a story about a biker group in California who had a specific ban on members using the needle. They killed one of the members in a spat. Selling the drugs though was not an issue. Needle users were considered bad business partners.

Smart dealers never get high on their own supply.
The President is a fink.
July 23rd, 2018 at 6:34:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Now that I think about, it would probably be a better option than legal polygamy for everyone which is even more problematic legally than legal prostitution would be. Even if the polygamists could get rid of the reputation of having sex with underage girls, there's the business of having to run an excess number of boys out of the community so they can keep up the ratio of more women for fewer men. Too many boys around are a problem.
We drove quite a few times through Warren Jeffs town of Colorado City. Having driven through a few cult places in Northern Idaho, that's what they feel like. They had a town with no 7-11 or anything like it on the main road, so people wouldn't stop. Funny how different, different places in this country are.

Quote:
I wouldn't endorse people sneaking around though while the other partner doesn't know what's going on, whether man or woman though as far as prostitution goes.
I would say communication already broke down by the time they got there.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 23rd, 2018 at 6:58:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
I wouldn't endorse people sneaking around though.

For lots of men, seeing an occasional
hooker is the most exciting thing in their
drab lives. I don't do it, but I certainly
understand why somebody would.

FrG would say, get excited about Jesus
and you won't need hookers. To which
my response would be: Guffaw..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 23rd, 2018 at 7:46:27 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
First of all I am glad to hear that Evenbob and others realize that love does not require sex. That is an important truth.

However, I rise to defend one of the greatest blessings for all of humanity and that is marriage and a family that raises children with a mom and a dad. I know the hurt that failed marriages cause for so many people, I deal with it all the time. That should in no way cause us to give up on the institution of marriage. What could possibly be greater for the life of adults and children than faithful and committed biological parents who deeply love each other? Suggesting flings with paid prostitutes is the worst idea I have ever heard. It is like saying a good part of training for a marathon should be binge drinking and chain smoking cigarettes on occasion. Yes running a marathon is hard work but many people find it very worthwhile. Marriage is hard work but not only do many people find it worthwhile the very existence of western culture depends upon it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 23rd, 2018 at 8:32:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Not all polygamists are those macho cults with no education for the kids but the Bible, under-age brides and ejection of young males. Some well educated and gainfully employed women join polygamist marriages.

some people segregate their sex life from their love live, such as in a few communes.

polyamory still exists.
July 23rd, 2018 at 8:47:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Marriage is hard work .

You giving advice on marriage is
like me giving advice to those
AT hikers I follow. I never did it
and will keep my mouth shut.
Too bad others who have no real
experience at the thing they're
spewing advice about can't do the
same thing.

The best advice you can ever get
always comes from people who've
been there and done it and made
the mistakes and worked through
it. Advice from people who've
never done it is almost worthless.
Often it's less than worthless.

It's a fact that the best marriage
counselors are people that have
successful marriages, or those
that have learned from failures.
Which of those categories do
you belong to.