In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 3rd, 2018 at 2:11:18 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Also, lots of people that work for places such as Walmart, Amazon, McDonalds will qualify for welfare, even as a full time employee.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 3rd, 2018 at 3:01:09 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: JimRockford
Quote: AZDuffman
Census confirms: 63 percent of ‘non-citizens’ on welfare, 4.6 million households!

But I thought they wanted to come here to WORK?!

" In 2014, 63 percent of households headed by a non-citizen reported that they used at least one welfare program, compared to 35 percent of native-headed households.

Welfare use drops to 58 percent for non-citizen households and 30 percent for native households if cash payments from the Earned Income Tax Credit are not counted as welfare. EITC recipients pay no federal income tax. Like other welfare, the EITC is a means-tested, anti-poverty program, but unlike other programs one has to work to receive it."

The Cato Institute finds the study flawed.
https://www.cato.org/blog/center-immigration-studies-exaggerates-immigrant-welfare-use

LOL!!! I can't say it loud enough! LOL!!! The "Cato institute" report ends with a whining diatribe about how the co author was deported back to the UK!!!!
Talk about having a bias!!!!!! And after reading both reports, it is crystal clear that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS USE FAR MORE WELFARE TYPE PROGRAMS than citizens per person. period.
You can say as a Progressive that is good because those poor people need help, but PLEASE don't try and deny the facts.
And the funniest part of the rebuttal to me was the fact that the rebuttal author says the study is flawed because it counts children of the illegals who are on welfare as not counting as an illegal being on welfare. Since the children are now of course deemed legal. As if the author didn't understand the POINT is that illegal immigration leads to more people on welfare!!!!!! Even if the children are now 'legal' people on welfare!!!!

Still stunning is that 1/3 of all households are on some form of government assistance......
December 3rd, 2018 at 3:47:30 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The study is about immigrants, including illegal immigrants, rather than illegal immigrants exclusively.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 3rd, 2018 at 5:05:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

Still stunning is that 1/3 of all households are on some form of government assistance......

The goal of the system seems to be to get as many people dependent as possible.
The President is a fink.
December 3rd, 2018 at 6:29:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
The goal of the system seems to be to get as many people dependent as possible.
The goal is probably 100%?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 3rd, 2018 at 6:46:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems like it would be higher than 1/3. I consider a tax credit for children government assistance.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2018 at 2:19:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
The goal is probably 100%?

Just enough to ensure their election while the rest of us pull the cart.
The President is a fink.
December 4th, 2018 at 5:54:20 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Seems like it would be higher than 1/3. I consider a tax credit for children government assistance.

I'll disagree. The tax credit for children is just part of the formula for figuring out who pays how much. I don't consider taking less from someone truly government assistance, just as I don't consider my using my NY State taxes as a deduction Federal 'government assistance' because I pay slightly less Federal taxes because of my state taxes.
December 4th, 2018 at 10:43:49 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Who didn't see this coming, and it's only
the start. Some men won't get on an elevator
if there is only women on it.

Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost

"No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.
In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?
Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-03/a-wall-street-rule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

Men are always looking for an excuse
to bring back the mens club days anyway,
thanks #metoo ladies!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 4th, 2018 at 12:45:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll disagree. The tax credit for children is just part of the formula for figuring out who pays how much. I don't consider taking less from someone truly government assistance, just as I don't consider my using my NY State taxes as a deduction Federal 'government assistance' because I pay slightly less Federal taxes because of my state taxes.

If babies are an investment, we have illegals trying to bring their "gold" across the border. Not to mention the value of anchor babies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?