Donald Sterling Interview

Page 4 of 5<12345>
May 30th, 2014 at 3:24:45 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Somehow, the $2 billion sale may work to everyone's advantage. Sterling will get a HUGE payoff that he would have never gotten otherwise (which will offset the insane capital gains that he's going to have to pay), and the NBA gets him out of their hair for good.

Too bad though. I wanted to see Sterling embarrass the NBA in court. ;)
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 30th, 2014 at 3:28:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven

Might get your wish--he is suing them for $1MMM!
The President is a fink.
May 30th, 2014 at 4:00:06 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: AZDuffman
Might get your wish--he is suing them for $1MMM!

I hope he uses money from the sale to finance his lawsuit. LOL!! :D
May 30th, 2014 at 9:38:48 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Beethoven
Somehow, the $2 billion sale may work to everyone's advantage. Sterling will get a HUGE payoff that he would have never gotten otherwise (which will offset the insane capital gains that he's going to have to pay), and the NBA gets him out of their hair for good.

You don't get rich, super wealthy, by having such things as ideals and principles. Never stood a chance of him doing anything of the sort unless it was going to make or save money.

I also don't believe he could have possibly planned this scenario but yeah it's working out good. I have a feeling the deal might fall through bc it just seems too high a price and they may feel regret when they sober up.
June 11th, 2014 at 9:31:10 AM permalink
Beethoven
Donald Sterling: ‘The NBA Is A Band Of Hypocrites And Bullies’

Yep!
June 11th, 2014 at 12:29:23 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
The NBA is a private organization and can do what it wants to do. If you don't support the actions, don't watch. I, for one, don't give a rat's ass about the NBA and this issue and watch perhaps one game per year, only when the Raptors are in the playoffs and are about to be eliminated. Sterling has the right to say what he wants, and the league has the right to select and censure the NBA. Sterling dropped the lawsuit probably because he knew he didn't have a chance. Sterling is a representative of the NBA and the owners have the right to drum them out as it's a private organization.

We have the same issue here in Canada with Don Cherry, who works for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada. He wants the hockey game to be pure: Canadians and North Americans only, and has been censured for making comments against European and russian players and the way that they play the game. He is free to make those comments of course, but the CBC is free to take him off the air if his opinions don't match CBC's feelings.

Now, if I were forced to voice an opinion about the hypocrites and bullies, I would tend to agree. But that's only after a cursory examination of the facts -- I don't care.
June 11th, 2014 at 12:55:58 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: boymimbo
The NBA is a private organization and can do what it wants to do.
I love how liberals are so ecstatic about finally being able to play the "private organization" card. (Yet why do I believe that you'd rip the card up & throw it away if it was a gay person or a black person in question instead of Donald Sterling?)

But that's only after a cursory examination of the facts...
Just like the Joseph Wilcox incident, huh? lol...
June 11th, 2014 at 1:19:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 12th, 2014 at 7:21:36 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

We have the same issue here in Canada with Don Cherry, who works for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada. He wants the hockey game to be pure: Canadians and North Americans only, and has been censured for making comments against European and russian players and the way that they play the game. He is free to make those comments of course, but the CBC is free to take him off the air if his opinions don't match CBC's feelings.

Fortunately, his suits make him impervious to all attacks =)

Y'all should make him Prime Minister or something. Don Cherry is The Man.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 12th, 2014 at 8:43:48 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
He's 80 years old. He has to get elected first as an MP (he'd win as the conservative candidate in a landslide), then win a leadership convention to become leader of the party before he would be named Prime Minister. He would absolutely do terrible in foreign relations though.
Page 4 of 5<12345>