Gun Control

June 6th, 2014 at 1:35:12 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
We should let them vote in our elections.
But this idea, I've never heard.

I'm pretty sure he was being facetious. :)
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 6th, 2014 at 2:50:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Canada has less people than Calif. They're insignificant.
90% of their population lives less than 100 miles from
the USA. That's a 2 hour drive. We should let them vote
in our elections.

[joke] Why not, we already call it the NATIONAL Hockey League. [/joke]
The President is a fink.
June 6th, 2014 at 8:55:17 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
University of Seattle shooting

Look, contrary to popular belief. the only defense to a bad guy with a gun happens to be someone armed with pepper spray and the tackling power of a security guard.
June 6th, 2014 at 9:07:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo

Gun crime is still very low in Canada. If anything, this will be a call for more gun control rather than the cessation of such. You gotta figure that if he's shooting and killing very well armed and protected RCMP officers, members of the public being armed wouldn't do much better.

But it seems to me making a law against guns would not help things. Better to make it illegal to shoot people, then nobody would get shot even if the gun the person used was illegal.

Or am I missing something?
The President is a fink.
June 13th, 2014 at 9:29:44 PM permalink
Beethoven
I laugh whenever libs post articles about people misusing guns. People also misuse fireworks, but I don't go around posting articles about them. lol...

To those who feel "safer" without a gun in the home: Do you own any knives? If so, wouldn't you feel "safer" without those deadly weapons in your home????
June 14th, 2014 at 5:06:19 AM permalink
boymimbo
Quote: Beethoven
I laugh whenever libs post articles about people misusing guns. People also misuse fireworks, but I don't go around posting articles about them. lol...

To those who feel "safer" without a gun in the home: Do you own any knives? If so, wouldn't you feel "safer" without those deadly weapons in your home????

My knives sit in a knife block, blades protected. I also don't drink heavily when I need to use a knife. Guns are far more deadlier than knives. Or fireworks.
June 14th, 2014 at 5:13:47 AM permalink
boymimbo
Quote: AZDuffman
But it seems to me making a law against guns would not help things. Better to make it illegal to shoot people, then nobody would get shot even if the gun the person used was illegal.

Or am I missing something?

It already is illegal to shoot people. In America, the penalty (death, sometimes) is much more severe than in Canada (25 years). Punishment for a crime is not a deterrent for the very angry and the mentally ill. So, you put laws into place to prevent those who ignore the deterrent from harming innocent people.

So, you're missing the fact that the deterrent is ignored by some. It's the same reason we don't want North Korea to get nukes but we're okay with Germany. Mad/insane people ignore the deterrent.
June 14th, 2014 at 5:45:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
It already is illegal to shoot people. In America, the penalty (death, sometimes) is much more severe than in Canada (25 years). Punishment for a crime is not a deterrent for the very angry and the mentally ill. So, you put laws into place to prevent those who ignore the deterrent from harming innocent people.

So, you're missing the fact that the deterrent is ignored by some. It's the same reason we don't want North Korea to get nukes but we're okay with Germany. Mad/insane people ignore the deterrent.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That *IS* the point, bad people will ignore laws! More gun laws will not stop bad people, they will just make life harder on good people!

So you remain free to not have a gun if you do not want one. And those knives should be locked up in a safe, not out in a block on the counter. You know, so they don't fall into the wrong hands.
The President is a fink.
June 14th, 2014 at 10:56:58 AM permalink
Beethoven
My knives sit in a knife block, blades protected. I also don't drink heavily when I need to use a knife. Guns are far more deadlier than knives. Or fireworks.
Really? If one murderer wants to kill you with a knife and another with a gun, I'd say they're equally deadly.

Quote: AZDuffman
Mad/insane people ignore the deterrent.
DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That *IS* the point, bad people will ignore laws! More gun laws will not stop bad people, they will just make life harder on good people!
+1

That is so funny. He just proved our point, yet he doesn't even know it! :D

And those knives should be locked up in a safe, not out in a block on the counter. You know, so they don't fall into the wrong hands.
LOL!! :D
June 14th, 2014 at 3:13:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
84,999,989 gun owners killed nobody yesterday.
The President is a fink.