Gun Control

July 22nd, 2021 at 4:41:38 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
I think the odds are a lot greater then dying by gun.
How many have died due to covid in this country over the last year
Half a million?
Have there been half million gun deaths?????????????
It's not even close

Yeah, I didn’t say they were the same. I’m saying that it’s fairly low probability.

Now, maybe you draw a line and say, “Okay, this is low enough that I’m not worried about it.”

That’s fine. You can have a weapon, or not. That’s your prerogative. Others do the CBA on gun ownership and decide it’s worth owning a gun. Some do the CBA on Covid vaccine and decide it’s worth getting the vaccine. Some one, but not the other; some both; some neither.

I’m just not a huge fan of making people do things, or restricting what they can or cannot do.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 22nd, 2021 at 4:57:15 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
But what are the odds????

St. Louis had 64.54 murders per 100,000 residents in 2019.

That's one in 1549 American citizens gunned down by bad guys.

It's weird but some conservatives here seem to be angry that I am traveling all over the country unarmed and feel very ssfe

They say it's a free country, which I suppose means you can traipse around unarmed while others prefer to be armed.
July 22nd, 2021 at 7:32:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I want all abortions legal and paid for by the Government. Human beings have no provable intrinsic value and abortions are cheaper than the baby living, just considering public school alone.

See, I even beat Ben Shapiro in this debate. If I don’t admit humans have inherent value, which they don’t, he has nothing.

Does life start at conception? Sure, let’s say it’s alive as of conception—kill it.

I believe abortion should be the default until you can prove that you are smart enough and financially capable of raising a child.

I am one of the few people that are Pro-abortion, not pro-choice.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 22nd, 2021 at 7:48:54 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I believe abortion should be the default until you can prove that you are smart enough and financially capable of raising a child.

I am one of the few people that are Pro-abortion, not pro-choice.

I have a feeling that movement is not going to go so well. Lol
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:04:09 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
I have a feeling that movement is not going to go so well. Lol

Just because you won't win doesn't mean that it is not worth fighting for.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:12:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
Just because you won't win doesn't mean that it is not worth fighting for.

You're preaching to the Libertarian choir.
July 23rd, 2021 at 7:37:31 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
In the days before guns were invented were things more peaceful with everyone carrying knives and swords?

There is a lot of carnage in human history. So I seriously doubt it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 23rd, 2021 at 10:55:07 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: rxwine
In the days before guns were invented were things more peaceful with everyone carrying knives and swords?

There is a lot of carnage in human history. So I seriously doubt it.

Good point, but not determinative.

Had they prohibited folks from owning knives and swords they couldn't have fought with knives and swords.

True, they's probably find some other weapon, maybe scythes: human nature being what it is.
May 9th, 2022 at 4:03:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Got a letter today that my permit to carry a firearm expires in October. It's been so long since I carried I forgot I had the thing. Because of covid I never go anywhere. They want $120 to renew it and I'm just going to let it go.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2022 at 4:54:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
WTF
The gunman was livestreaming as he killed people
And
The armed security guard(retired cop) shot the gunman but due to gunman body armor, security guard killed
https://bnonews.com/index.php/2022/05/mass-shooting-supermarket-buffalo-10-dead/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"