Gun Control

November 2nd, 2020 at 2:22:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JCW09

That and Tulsa circa 1920 seems to be a thing we should care about.

+100
Thanks JCW09
Appreciate you bringing that up
I love travelling the country in my RV and discovering our history.
The Tulsa massacre fascinated me. I love learning about history I never knew about
Been reading about how women were jailed and tortured simply for protesting for the right to vote in this country
Its shocking but its American history

Life is good
Country will be under new management
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2020 at 6:08:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
over a million m1 carbines imported from ethiopia to be sold on American streets.
July 22nd, 2021 at 11:35:49 AM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Biden said the quiet part out loud at last night's CNN Town Hall:

"The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol, or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things."

The Glock 17 Pistol that is manufactured with its standard magazine that holds 17 rounds of 9mm + 1 in the chamber. Are we going to label that everyday common semi-auto pistol as an "assault pistol"? You know, the standard handgun carried by law enforcement every day is now a Weapon of War? I definitely want the banning of 9mm handguns to be the new talking point for the Dems on Gun Control. "It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it works out"
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
July 22nd, 2021 at 12:30:31 PM permalink
terapined

"The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol, or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things."

Thanks
I agree with Biden
Its about time
Lets get rid of that crap. I see no need for it. Never considered purchasing a gun
I feel quite safe travelling all over this great strong country
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 22nd, 2021 at 12:40:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: terapined
Lets get rid of that crap. I see no need for it. Never considered purchasing a gun
I feel quite safe travelling all over this great strong country

Sure, until your last, dying thought is "Gee, I wish I'd had a gun."
July 22nd, 2021 at 12:45:43 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: missedhervee
Sure, until your last, dying thought is "Gee, I wish I'd had a gun."

????????????????
Thats incredilly stupid thing to say about a last person's thoughts before they die
If I die
What are the odds its because of a gun
Slim to none
The odds are a heart attack or car accident
Pretty dumb to think my last thoughts would be about a gun.
Get real
I've dealt with a lot of death among family and friends.
Way way too many deaths. Not a single one involved a gun
Your statement is just plain STUPID

Those people that died in Vegas from the gunman at the Mandalay Bay
Think any of those victims wished they had a gun?
The wish is opposit, wish the hotel shooter did not have a gun
July 22nd, 2021 at 12:49:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Biden said the quiet part out loud at last night's CNN Town Hall:

So set an example and take them from the cops and military, Uncle Joe.
The President is a fink.
July 22nd, 2021 at 1:53:33 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96

Not at all.

You and yours have been fairly lucky, that's all.

There's a lot of bad people in this world, and you never know when one of them will come at you.

My son was harassed / attacked by a black crack-head in Portland and but for my son carrying concealed it would have been much worse.
July 22nd, 2021 at 1:56:27 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I have to admit...

...man, I hate this.

I'm starting to understand why Conservatives draw hard (and objectively ridiculous) lines on things. I mean, you can't bargain. You have to start with the most absurd position, that being, that anyone can have any weapon they want to. If you start from there, then at least the right to have ANY weapon (in general) takes longer to lose.

It's a handgun. People are not going to be 100% accurate if there is a home intruder. We're not talking about a spray-firing SMG...we're talking about if your first few against an armed home intruder miss, you've still got a chance.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 22nd, 2021 at 2:01:56 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
????????????????
Thats incredilly stupid thing to say about a last person's thoughts before they die
If I die
What are the odds its because of a gun
Slim to none
The odds are a heart attack or car accident
Pretty dumb to think my last thoughts would be about a gun.
Get real
I've dealt with a lot of death among family and friends.
Way way too many deaths. Not a single one involved a gun

Those people that died in Vegas from the gunman at the Mandalay Bay
Think any of those victims wished they had a gun?
The wish is opposit, wish the hotel shooter did not have a gun

Well, if...and (lack of) God forbid, you've ever got one or two guys drawing down on you with an intent to kill and you are unarmed---I think it's fair to say that could well be your last thought.

People in this country get shot every day. You guys cite the numbers, like, all the time! It's an intriguing worldview to believe that you could never end up being one of them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman