Gun Control

Page 89 of 90« First<8687888990>
November 18th, 2023 at 5:10:28 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
New York City council member was cleared on Friday of a criminal gun possession charge after a weapon she was carrying at a pro-Palestine rally in Brooklyn College was deemed “inoperable,” a spokesperson for the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office said. Councilwoman Inna Vernikov was captured on social media with the handgun while she was counterprotesting to help “Jewish students feel safe.” According to New York law, licensed gun owners are banned from carrying firearms to “sensitive locations” like schools and protests. But the NYPD didn’t arrest Vernikov, instead taking the gun when she voluntarily turned herself in the next day. During an inspection weeks later, officers discovered that the weapon’s recoil spring assembly was missing. The same state law says that for prosecutors to prove charges, the firearm must be operable. It led to an outcry from critics with fellow council member Chi Ossé arguing that because police didn’t take Vernikov into custody at the protest, she could “tamper with the evidence by removing the spring from the gun.” The NYPD did not respond to a request for comment by The City on Friday.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 11th, 2024 at 4:10:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Certainly don’t need a gun for this.

Quote:
New Recording Shows NRA Treasurer Plotting to Conceal Extravagant Expenses Involving Wayne LaPierre
Secret audio obtained by The Trace and ProPublica reveals executives from the gun group and its PR firm hatching a plan that would conceal payments for fancy hotels, limousines, and other luxury expenses for a decade.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2024 at 5:02:47 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
google translate says 'la pierre' means 'the stone'

I thought it might mean 'the peter' ... ie, the dick, which would fit. Hunter related organizations also seem to be prone to these problems, I think the problem is the rank and file assume the people in charge are devoted to the cause, something these thieves reinforce of course. Instead, they want to run things so they can steal. National Wild Turkey Federation comes to mind
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
January 12th, 2024 at 6:26:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
google translate says 'la pierre' means 'the stone'

I thought it might mean 'the peter' ... ie, the dick, which would fit. Hunter related organizations also seem to be prone to these problems, I think the problem is the rank and file assume the people in charge are devoted to the cause, something these thieves reinforce of course. Instead, they want to run things so they can steal. National Wild Turkey Federation comes to mind

Their first mistake was hiring someone from "France" instead of a good ole boy from 'merica!
January 12th, 2024 at 6:28:24 AM permalink
rxwine
...spending all the money on perfume and poodles, no doubt.
February 6th, 2024 at 3:55:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Parent found guilty in son having gun and shooting students.

Quote:
The groundbreaking trial is likely to impact how society views parents' responsibility when their children access guns and use them in mass shootings, legal experts said.
“This is a case that could create real incentives for parents to be much more cautious giving their children access to firearms," Adam Winkler, of the UCLA School of Law, previously told USA TODAY.
During closing arguments, Jennifer Crumbley's lawyer Shannon Smith said the case could set a dangerous precedent for parents who are trying to do their best for their children.
"I do wish, more than anything, that this case could bring justice to victims of the shooting, and to the victims of the terrorism that day," Smith said. "This is not justice. This is not how justice works. This does nothing for people who have lost everything … and it does nothing to (undo) the tragedy that unfolded on Nov. 30."
The shooter, now 17, was sentenced to life without parole in December after pleading guilty to multiple charges for the shooting that killed Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Tate Myre, 16; Hana St. Juliana, 14; and Justin Shilling, 17.
“Today’s verdict underscores the important responsibility of parents and gun owners in preventing children from having unsupervised access to deadly weapons," Nick Suplina, senior vice president for law and policy at Everytown for Gun Safety, said in a statement.
April 8th, 2024 at 5:36:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
either what we are being told is not true, or this is federal law enforcement out of control

supporting evidence is with what the doorbell video captured. Maybe multiple vehicles and hordes of officers proves nothing, but a search warrant can be executed during the day with a couple of guys. OK maybe you don't want to do that if dealing with hardened criminals, but in this case the guy would seem to be more of an ordinary citizen than anything. I can believe he crossed a line and got into illegal activity [to be proven] but otherwise you expect an airport official to more of an ordinary citizen. And nobody was going to be flushing guns down the toilet. Just problematic I think.

You have to gum up the doorbell image so the persons in the house can't see who is there? What? This is very supportive of something amiss here. The home video can't support the other claims like breaking the door down without warning. What is really true?

These cowboys are refusing to provide answers to these things

April 8th, 2024 at 6:36:13 AM permalink
rxwine
The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the right of officers to forcibly enter within 15 to 20 seconds after announcing their presence.

Other than a dangerous suspect, the other reason is evidence that can be destroyed. Paper, electronics for instance.
April 8th, 2024 at 7:14:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the right of officers to forcibly enter within 15 to 20 seconds after announcing their presence.

Other than a dangerous suspect, the other reason is evidence that can be destroyed. Paper, electronics for instance.
well I have two thoughts about that

should anyone be defending the actions of these officers in this case?

or,

is what is being claimed totally wrong? did they knock and wait? were they constantly and loudly announcing who they were after kicking in the door? Did the man who was killed open fire knowing full well who they were? Were the officers right in taking this kind of extreme action, for a search warrant, against someone they hadn't charged with anything because of some factor not being revealed? Did they need evidence other than guns?

much argues against it, primarily though that action of inactivating the doorbell camera argues against them. I'd like to know what that thinking was.
April 8th, 2024 at 7:55:19 AM permalink
rxwine
You can also use a doorbell camera to know where to shoot someone outside your home. If you have a gun powerful enough, you don't need to open anything to shoot.

What's the gun rule on shooting when you don't know who or what you're shooting at?

I don't think cops have any obligation to protect outside surveillance as they approach a house they are going to breach whether it's doorbell camera or something else.
Page 89 of 90« First<8687888990>