Michelle Obama for Illinois Senator

Page 3 of 3<123
June 6th, 2014 at 11:12:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Extensive qualifications are irrelevant to the constitutional reality.

I am not talking about Constitutional requirements, I am talking about qualifications. For example, I do not want a POTUS who has no executive or management experience. When you elect someone without those you get the disaster we have now. I prefer someone who has worked a good part of the time outside government. When you do not have that you have the disaster we have now.

I prefer someone who has a history of different jobs and has held them a few years each. I prefer they be jobs and not mere offices that person held. I prefer someone who has been a governor so they can understand how a government as well as a business works.

These are some of my preferences. Some have others. But the point is Hillary does not say, "Hey, I meet the Constitutional Requirements!" She implies she is best for the job. Thus it is fair to ask "why, what have YOU done?"

She cannot answer that because her own record is one of being unremarkable to being a disaster.
The President is a fink.
June 6th, 2014 at 1:02:07 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I have trouble seeing Michelle's former job as more than a political payoff. If you've seen a politician on TV dealing with passing legislation, chances are someone in their family has employment this way.
June 6th, 2014 at 1:44:18 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Extensive qualifications are irrelevant to the constitutional reality.

Saying someone is not qualified is patently wrong, As long as they meet minimum requirements, we know they are qualified.

In fact almost everyone who runs for office is over qualified, the standards are so low.

That's the way the founders wrote it.

If only consistency of support for what the founders wrote was something liberals really cared about...

Like most things in the Constitution, they did not set a laundry list of requirements to serve; they only gave a few of them for various offices. Less is more--less requirements, more of the population is eligible to run for office.
June 6th, 2014 at 2:03:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
If only consistency of support for what the founders wrote was something liberals really cared about...

Feel the same way about conservatives (patriot act).

That's why I roll it up and beat them with it, when I have to.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 3<123