Gas Prices

Page 12 of 15« First<9101112131415>
November 24th, 2021 at 3:35:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 25th, 2021 at 3:51:02 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
Do we get pictures of your new house?

Probably not. Let's put it this way, it does not belong in the mansions thread. It is a very humble small old house. I think it was built in the 90's and it is only on 10,000 sq feet of land. Typical old person house in Florida.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 25th, 2021 at 8:58:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
Probably not. Let's put it this way, it does not belong in the mansions thread. It is a very humble small old house. I think it was built in the 90's and it is only on 10,000 sq feet of land. Typical old person house in Florida.

The 1890s? Because if it was built in the 1990s the paint is barely dry yet. How is the 1990s by any stretch of the imagination old. I still have my 97 Saturn and it still runs. I have clothes in my closet from the nineties. The 90s was day before yesterday.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 25th, 2021 at 9:10:59 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
The 1890s? Because if it was built in the 1990s the paint is barely dry yet. How is the 1990s by any stretch of the imagination old.

They can and usually do build em flimsier in warm weather climates such as Florida.

Using cheaper, lighter siding materials can lead to a fairly short life, especially in a hot, humid environment.

Plus I gotta think that weathering hurricanes can take a bit of a toll on a home.
November 25th, 2021 at 10:15:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: missedhervee
They can and usually do build em flimsier in warm weather climates such as Florida.

Using cheaper, lighter siding materials can lead to a fairly short life, especially in a hot, humid environment.

Plus I gotta think that weathering hurricanes can take a bit of a toll on a home.

I think buildings standards may have changed because of hurricanes. But if so, not sure what year housing was affected.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 25th, 2021 at 10:22:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee

When I lived in Phoenix everyone who came from the northeast said how cheap the new development houses were built. Locals did bot get why we said it. But it was hard to explain unless you had done work on houses. They had the look of something that looked nice but looked like it would be falling apart in 20 years.
The President is a fink.
November 26th, 2021 at 2:33:30 AM permalink
DRich
The 1890s? Because if it was built in the 1990s the paint is barely dry yet. How is the 1990s by any stretch of the imagination old. I still have my 97 Saturn and it still runs. I have clothes in my closet from the nineties. The 90s was day before yesterday.

Nope, 1990's. The house is 30 years old. In this area when a house gets that old people consider them ready for a tear down because the land has become so valuable many empty lots sell for more than a lot with a house on it. Anymore, many people want to have a house built to their specifications. In my case the lot is not that desirable because it is not on the water. Down here, about 25% of the house are on the water. The empty lot next to my parents just sold for $500,000 because it is on a canal. It is only about 10,000 sq feet lot which is typical in this area.
November 26th, 2021 at 5:29:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Nope, 1990's. The house is 30 years old. In this area when a house gets that old people consider them ready for a tear down because the land has become so valuable many empty lots sell for more than a lot with a house on it. Anymore, many people want to have a house built to their specifications. In my case the lot is not that desirable because it is not on the water. Down here, about 25% of the house are on the water. The empty lot next to my parents just sold for $500,000 because it is on a canal. It is only about 10,000 sq feet lot which is typical in this area.

And I would NEVER buy right on the water in an area that is prone to hurricanes. If we buy in Naples it will be at least a few miles inland.
November 26th, 2021 at 7:03:45 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: SOOPOO
And I would NEVER buy right on the water in an area that is prone to hurricanes. If we buy in Naples it will be at least a few miles inland.

Cape Coral is a little different as most of the houses on water are on canals and not the Gulf. Cape Coral has over 400 miles of canals within the city. I am a couple miles inland and there is a canal on every other block. The beauty of the canal system is that you can have your boat docked in you back yard and still get out to the Gulf. I used to own a boat and learned my lesson. Now I hope to make friends with my neighbors across the street as they are all on the water and have boats.

November 26th, 2021 at 7:23:12 AM permalink
rxwine
In Northern and mid Florida, there are a lot of water retention areas. I don't know if those have become common in S. Florida. When I lived there most water was diverted by regular drainage methods, of pipes and ditches which wasn't always adequate. I think these retention areas do work better than trying to get the water to drain away from the area quickly enough.
Page 12 of 15« First<9101112131415>