Charged!! Guilty Without A Court Date...

Page 6 of 7« First<34567>
February 9th, 2017 at 1:22:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: buzzardknot
I do know she finished second,

She actually finished first. Illegitimate Don won on a technicality.

It is my job to constantly remind righties that Donald is a big old loser. And the "3-5 million illegals voted" lie is sad. Don't go down that road unless you want to be mocked.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2017 at 1:25:17 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: ams288

It is my job to constantly remind righties that Donald is a big old loser. And the "3-5 million illegals voted" lie is sad. Don't go down that road unless you want to be mocked.

By technicality I assume you mean the United States Constitution. Thanks for providing that lucid bit of information.
February 9th, 2017 at 2:25:24 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

The way the Constitution provides to decide the election is a technicality? That's some funny bullcrap!!

Trump did not win in a landslide.
Trump did not win the popular vote.
Trump did not break records when he was sworn in.
Trump may not be a nice person.
Trump should not have spoken about illegals voting; he should have had it looked into and then said something if there was any issue.
Hillary won the popular vote.
Neither candidate was picked by the majority of citizens.
Trump is President; all the huffing and puffing and threatening people being done by the unhinged left will not change that.
Now...if he screws up badly enough on his own, he might not be President for more than four years...or even less if it is bad enough.

Trump won.
Hillary lost.
Elections, per Barack Obama, do have consequences.

Have a fantastic day!!
February 9th, 2017 at 2:48:57 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot
I can accept he is flawed, Don't know too many Billionaire's or Presidents any rational person would consider a chump.

Pocahontas doesn't believe he has the right to have his nominee's approved, no matter what the vote is.

Maybe she could have read the letter in her tribal language.

You know, the "Pocohontas" insult doesn't even make any sense.

You don't have to say it just because your hero Trumpie does. Do you also wear the same brand of underwear as The Donald?
February 9th, 2017 at 2:58:12 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: RonC

The way the Constitution provides to decide the election is a technicality?

Yep. It's as if the Falcons had outscored the Patriots by 17 points but the Brady Rule said that the Patriots won anyway.

I LOOOOOOOVE how tighty-righties cite the Constitution when it supports their views but ignore it, discard it, and crap on it when it doesn't. The fact of the matter is that the Constitution is a living document and can be modified when the conditions under which it was written change. In terms of what affects people voting in Presidential elections, that happened some time ago. The Electoral College was formed because the Floundering Fathers thought that the people couldn't be trusted to elect their own President. Thus, the intermediate step of electors was inserted so that a few wise men could correct the mistake if the ignorant masses elected a narcissistic, blowhard demagogue with orange hair. That's what's ironic. The Electoral College could actually have been useful this time, if it had actually performed the function it was designed to do, which is to stop the election of an unfit candidate.
February 9th, 2017 at 3:35:44 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
The guy is not perfect.

Definitely.

Quote: AZDuffman
Given that liberals defended a guy who sexually harassed women and got himself impeached they really have nothing to say about a person sticking with their guy.

Tribalism turns us into fools.

Partisan liberals must always always root for the guy wearing the blue uniform, even if that means making a mockery of our dignity & integrity. Ditto for partisan conservatives. Republicans must pretend the Honorable David Vitter didn't hire prostitutes, and Democrats must pretend the Honorable Anthony Weiner didn't text photos of his- oh never mind. Bill Clinton's defenders must pretend he was never friends with Jeffrey Epstein while Donald Trump's defenders must pretend he was never friends with Jeffrey Epstein. (By the way, my guy is definitely innocent & your guy is definitely guilty, though I may have that backwards.)

Partisanship is more trouble than it's worth. It's a trap. Don't fall for it.

Bravo to Fox News for devising a clever way to avoid defending Republicans engulfed in scandal: pretend they're Democrats! Fox News insists adulterer Governor Mark Sanford & pedophile Congressman Mark Foley are both Democrats. (They're actually Republicans.) Fair and balanced!

February 9th, 2017 at 4:15:37 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: stinkingliberal
Yep. It's as if the Falcons had outscored the Patriots by 17 points but the Brady Rule said that the Patriots won anyway.

I LOOOOOOOVE how tighty-righties cite the Constitution when it supports their views but ignore it, discard it, and crap on it when it doesn't. The fact of the matter is that the Constitution is a living document and can be modified when the conditions under which it was written change. In terms of what affects people voting in Presidential elections, that happened some time ago. The Electoral College was formed because the Floundering Fathers thought that the people couldn't be trusted to elect their own President. Thus, the intermediate step of electors was inserted so that a few wise men could correct the mistake if the ignorant masses elected a narcissistic, blowhard demagogue with orange hair. That's what's ironic. The Electoral College could actually have been useful this time, if it had actually performed the function it was designed to do, which is to stop the election of an unfit candidate.

That is seriously some funny crap. I love your writing now more than ever; I hope that you can resist the temptation to cross the insult line again and stay here forever. There are few fiction writers of your quality here!

The Constitution can, and has been, changed but no one has been able to gather the steam to change the Electoral College process.

Whether you hate, love, like, despise, or tolerate (and anywhere in between or even farther out) Trump, nothing disqualified him from office and he may not have been a great candidate, but he was duly and correctly sworn in as President.

Now, he can screw it all up and get impeached. He can drive lefties off a cliff. He can drive righties off a cliff. He could ruin a party. There are LOTS of things that could happen...but none of them mean he couldn't be, or wasn't, elected fair and square.

Defend all of his actions? Never. I can't even defend all of any President's actions.
February 9th, 2017 at 6:06:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Trump did not win in a landslide.
Trump did not win the popular vote.
Trump did not break records when he was sworn in.
Trump may not be a nice person.
Trump should not have spoken about illegals voting; he should have had it looked into and then said something if there was any issue.
Hillary won the popular vote.
Neither candidate was picked by the majority of citizens.

So why don't you ever call out EvenBob and AZDuffman when they lie about this stuff?

You always have a hissy fit when I call Donald illegitimate, but never clap back at them when they spew nonsense that is actually demonstrably false...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2017 at 6:43:04 PM permalink
RonC
So why don't you ever call out EvenBob and AZDuffman when they lie about this stuff?

You always have a hissy fit when I call Donald illegitimate, but never clap back at them when they spew nonsense that is actually demonstrably false...

We have several other people here for that.
February 9th, 2017 at 8:23:43 PM permalink
stinkingliberal

Now, he can screw it all up and get impeached. He can drive lefties off a cliff. He can drive righties off a cliff. He could ruin a party. There are LOTS of things that could happen...but none of them mean he couldn't be, or wasn't, elected fair and square.

Defend all of his actions? Never. I can't even defend all of any President's actions.

Well, your insults aside, can you seriously say that the Electoral College produced a result that is fair? And I don't mean fair according to the rules of the Electoral College--that's circular. I am referring to the fact that one candidate got three million more votes than the other, but lost the election. All of your partisanship aside, does that seem like a good outcome--that the candidate that the majority wanted didn't get the job?

And before Duffy or EB blurts out something, I would view it as exactly as unfair, in exactly the same way, had Clinton won the election while losing the popular vote. The candidate that the people want should be the one that is elected.

Any argument that is based on "well, that's just the way it is" is silly. We van and do change things that are wrong. I notice that you tried sneering at me rather than addressing my contention that the EC was created precisely to stop Trump-like disasters from happening, which it failed to do this time, proving that it is worse than useless. That could be because you don't have a good answer.
Page 6 of 7« First<34567>