I Hate Birthdays

Page 3 of 3<123
September 24th, 2014 at 1:20:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
A simple difference between women and men:

If you get a guy somenting that plugs in he will think it is a cool item, if you get a woman something that plugs in she will not talk to you.

I appreciate any gift anyone gives me. Women
take it all personally because everything in life
is always about them. That's why Charleton
Heston said the secret to a long marriage is
constantly apologizing, whether you're wrong
or not.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 25th, 2014 at 9:18:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: DRich
Birthdays are a huge cause of stress in my life and something I really don't understand.

Firstly, I don't want anyone of my friends to know or acknowledge when it is my birthday. To me it is just another day. I am not interested in celebrating, taking a day off, eating cake, opening presents, etc. I tell my wife to get me a card just to acknowledge that she remembered and do nothing else. I have a few female friends that really want to make an event of everyone's birthday and continue to do it after being asked not to.

Secondly, I hate other peoples birthday's more than mine. I find it very stressful when obligated to buy birthday or holiday presents. I gladly give cash or gift cards, but too often I hear that it isn't appropriate. How am I supposed to know what to buy people? Heck, I live with my wife and don't know what to get her. My wife has a birthday coming up and we are going to take a trip because that is what she wants for her birthday. The problem is we are also having a big dinner in a private room at a steakhouse here in Vegas before we go away for the trip. This dinner will probably have 20 or so friends that will all probably bring presents. I have a feeling that if I don't also buy my wife a present or two to open that she will feel hurt. I have no idea what to buy her. We are very spoiled and tend to buy almost everything we want that is reasonably priced. How many times can a guy keep buying necklaces and bracelets until they no longer have a special meaning. It has been made very clear to me that appliances and houslehold items are not appropriate. I have no fashion sense so me picking out clothes is out of the question. What is left for me to do? I hate this stress.

Sorry for the rant.

This is where I now go to exclusively for wedding gifts in particular. I hope some here will click and take a look.

I got thinking about his when I checked my email and to trash most of what I receive. These people make this stuff by hand all winter long and hope to sell some at road side stands like the ones at four corners. The average income on the Navajo reservation is seven thousand dollars Annually. Many do not have electricity or running water.

They make some very beautiful and authentic arts and jewelry. Also hand loomed rugs, and outstanding pottery with the legends attached.

http://www.southwestindian.com/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
Page 3 of 3<123