Pope Francis

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
October 19th, 2014 at 10:45:00 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 38
Posts: 3210
How about the pope coming out in support of gays.
Also considering a change to how the church handles divorce and remarriage.
What a guy.
Cant believe he didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize.
The committee gave it too early to Obama, with Francis, what are they waiting for?
What a common sense progressive.
Fascinating that this is the guy the bishops voted for yet they have a hard time getting behind him regarding gays.
He is so humble, Bishops live better then him in their expensive mansions.
Pope Francis is the man, the right man in these times.
A future Saint. I have no doubt.
Count this atheist a big fan :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 19th, 2014 at 4:33:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 11597
Quote: terapined

The committee gave it too early to Obama, with Francis, what are they waiting for?


He's not black? Obama being black was 90%
of the reason he won. A white conservative
could have said the exact same things and
never been considered. The prize committee
is about being PC first and foremost.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2014 at 5:00:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 103
Posts: 6767
Quote: Evenbob
He's not black? Obama being black was 90%
of the reason he won. A white conservative
could have said the exact same things and
never been considered. The prize committee
is about being PC first and foremost.


Actually he won it because he wasn't Bush and he was a liberal. As a liberal he can talk peace but later bomb half a dozen countries and win the prize. Shows a once great institution is just a joke that feeds off the same pop-culture as so much of America. After voting Obama in for it the committee probably fired up their DVRed episodes of Honey Boo Boo.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
October 19th, 2014 at 6:21:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 11597
Quote: AZDuffman
Actually he won it because he wasn't Bush and he was a liberal. .


It was more than that. Clinton was a lib and he
didn't win one. Obama was a black lib, they
had to do it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2014 at 6:51:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 45
Posts: 5191
Quote: terapined
How about the pope coming out in support of gays.
Also considering a change to how the church handles divorce and remarriage.
What a guy.
Cant believe he didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize.
The committee gave it too early to Obama, with Francis, what are they waiting for?
What a common sense progressive.
Fascinating that this is the guy the bishops voted for yet they have a hard time getting behind him regarding gays.
He is so humble, Bishops live better then him in their expensive mansions.
Pope Francis is the man, the right man in these times.
A future Saint. I have no doubt.
Count this atheist a big fan :-)


Count this theist a big fan too!
October 20th, 2014 at 1:47:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 50
Posts: 4804
The Pope is a titular head but is subject to the entrenched factions in the Vatican bureauacracy.

Argentina is on the verge of bankruptcy and defaulted on its currency obligations.
October 20th, 2014 at 9:26:53 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 2114
Pope Francis to rent out Sistine Chapel?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-20/vatican-blesses-porsche-blocks-plebs-sistine-chapel#comments
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
October 20th, 2014 at 12:50:53 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
The nobel peace prize appears to be offered to things they want to encourage, not what they have done. I have no idea why Obama got his though... it was richly undeserved. Then again, they awarded it to Al Gore for a documentary about climate change, so I await David Attenborough to get one as well for all his long work on educating us about bio-diversity.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 20th, 2014 at 2:31:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 11597
Quote: TheCesspit
I have no idea why Obama got his though... .


Sure you do, it's the same reason
Whoopsie Goldberg got an Oscar
for 'Ghost'. The same reason GM
started promoting certain people
to management positions in the 80's
whether they deserved it or not. None
of them earned awards or promotions,
they were in the right place at the right
time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 20th, 2014 at 2:50:03 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3157
Quote: TheCesspit
David Attenborough


If ever there was a man who deserved an award. I dunno for what, but I'd make up several just so I could give them to him.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 1 of 81234>Last »