Better Call Saul

May 17th, 2017 at 7:07:30 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I didn't think it sucked - but it was definitely was one of the weaker ones of this season. It seemed like somewhat of a "filler" episode.... transitioning from the first half of the season to the last half.

I only just watched it tonight. Now onto Fargo...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 17th, 2017 at 8:23:52 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Lots of talk, not enough of Mike....

Not enough? There wasn't any! Nice to see how the moniker Saul Goodman came to be though.

I don't know his name, but I like the Hector goon who was taking the drug cash in the beginning. Don't remember him on BB, only Tuco, who was mentioned in this ep as being in prison and stabbing a guard. Like that guy, he has potential.
May 17th, 2017 at 10:01:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I thought it was not bad. We saw the cartel
in the first 5min, we saw some Jimmy, some
more cartel and even Gus. Then we learn how
Saul Goodman was born, thru the magic
of TV.

The only complaint I have is minor. I made
some TV commercials 35 years ago for
a business I had. No way those amateurs
made that extremely edited professional
spot in 2 hours. Editing alone would have
taken longer than that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2017 at 10:55:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
The only complaint I have is minor. I made
some TV commercials 35 years ago for
a business I had. No way those amateurs
made that extremely edited professional
spot in 2 hours. Editing alone would have
taken longer than that.

I agree. Having made and been a part of the making of numerous gambling videos, I know a lot more goes into making even a bad video than it seems. Then again, maybe some people just have a flair for it. If there are, I'm not among them.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 18th, 2017 at 12:45:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
I agree. Having made and been a part of the making of numerous gambling videos, I know a lot more goes into making even a bad video than it seems. Then again, maybe some people just have a flair for it.

It would taken a whole afternoon to shoot
it, then hours to edit it and add all the
graphics. There were a ton of graphics.
And it was 2001, the software for editing
was primitive compared to today.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 18th, 2017 at 2:49:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: zippyboy
Not enough? There wasn't any!

He was there a few minutes, with his daughter in law at the meeting.
The President is a fink.
May 18th, 2017 at 4:14:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Having made and been a part of the making of numerous gambling videos, I know a lot more goes into making even a bad video than it seems. Then again, maybe some people just have a flair for it. If there are, I'm not among them.
You sure are good at picking the models though! Even that one you picked that is also an Armed Executive Bodyguard is simply stunning.

Rember the writers are hemmed in by certain constraints, can't necessarily get Tuco back under contract, and are really writing for the NEXT season as well.
May 18th, 2017 at 1:22:06 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Fleastiff
You sure are good at picking the models though! Even that one you picked that is also an Armed Executive Bodyguard is simply stunning.

Thanks, but which one would you be referring to?
May 18th, 2017 at 1:40:55 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Thanks, but which one would you be referring to?
Well, I guess your wife will be happy to see that post. She knows you never tried anything with that model or you would have discovered her five-shot cleavage pistol. Frankly this was along time ago and I don't recall now which one it was, but I read her resume quite some time ago and she does more than just look pretty as a gun show demonstrator, she sidelines as a body guard in heels and a slinky dress.
May 18th, 2017 at 4:29:15 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Fleastiff
Well, I guess your wife will be happy to see that post. She knows you never tried anything with that model or you would have discovered her five-shot cleavage pistol. Frankly this was along time ago and I don't recall now which one it was, but I read her resume quite some time ago and she does more than just look pretty as a gun show demonstrator, she sidelines as a body guard in heels and a slinky dress.

I'd be in a lot of trouble if she snooped on this computer. What married man wouldn't be? You must be referring to Angela as she is the only one that I would have given a last name for, enabling any easy searching. I had no idea she sidelined as a body guard.