Do it yourself

July 11th, 2023 at 12:00:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DRich
I have a new scenario at my house. In the master bathroom there are dual sinks. Yesterday I turned on the faucet and nothing came out. I then tried the faucet next to it and it is working fine. There is no shut off valve under the sink and it doesn't appear there are any leaks. Why would it work fine one night then the next day zero water?

I would guess changing water pressure. But I don’t know why. Might not be it at all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 12th, 2023 at 8:57:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I would guess changing water pressure. But I don’t know why. Might not be it at all.

I doubt that it is because no more than maybe a drop will come out when the faucet next to it has norma pressure.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 12th, 2023 at 9:12:29 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I have a new scenario at my house. In the master bathroom there are dual sinks. Yesterday I turned on the faucet and nothing came out. I then tried the faucet next to it and it is working fine. There is no shut off valve under the sink and it doesn't appear there are any leaks. Why would it work fine one night then the next day zero water?

It is likely a a disc type faucet. This type of single lever control has relatively small holes for the hot and cold water that can clog.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 12th, 2023 at 10:01:29 AM permalink
rxwine
I doubt that it is because no more than maybe a drop will come out when the faucet next to it has norma pressure.

Oh, I thought it was happening intermently.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 19th, 2023 at 6:18:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is a great hack. I have 12 cats so I have Air Wick plugins in every room and the things are expensive if you have to buy them all the time. But you can refill them yourself if you know what to do. I use almond oil with a few drops of peppermint oil and sweet orange oil and for a wick I get them from Amazon. They are diffuser wicks and are identical to the ones that are in the Air Wick. So for under 50 cents I've reused the bottle and got a new full bottle for a fraction of the cost of a new one. Lots of people do this, look it up on YouTube that's how I found it. I like the fact that I can change the recipe around there are so many different kinds of essential oils you can buy. And using the almond oil is so much better than whatever concoction comes in the Air Wick as far as being something you might want to breathe in.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 20th, 2023 at 4:24:28 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: Evenbob
This is a great hack. I have 12 cats so I have Air Wick plugins in every room and the things are expensive if you have to buy them all the time. But you can refill them yourself if you know what to do. I use almond oil with a few drops of peppermint oil and sweet orange oil and for a wick I get them from Amazon. They are diffuser wicks and are identical to the ones that are in the Air Wick. So for under 50 cents I've reused the bottle and got a new full bottle for a fraction of the cost of a new one. Lots of people do this, look it up on YouTube that's how I found it. I like the fact that I can change the recipe around there are so many different kinds of essential oils you can buy. And using the almond oil is so much better than whatever concoction comes in the Air Wick as far as being something you might want to breathe in.

Just curious, what are the names of your 12 cats?
July 20th, 2023 at 8:18:42 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Just curious, what are the names of your 12 cats?

They mostly don't have names, too much work. They aren't like dogs they don't come when you call them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 20th, 2023 at 8:46:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
They mostly don't have names, too much work. They aren't like dogs they don't come when you call them.

You still got time to start that youtube channel. Lettin' all that profit potential go to waste sittin' in your easy chair.

July 21st, 2023 at 9:34:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Only app I currently have on my IPad for buying stuff usually locally, is Offerup. I check it once a day, but almost never find anything I want. But what amazes me is the amount of money some people want for their stuff. I wouldn’t pay half the price some of them want.
July 21st, 2023 at 10:50:56 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
Only app I currently have on my IPad for buying stuff usually locally, is Offerup. I check it once a day, but almost never find anything I want. But what amazes me is the amount of money some people want for their stuff. I wouldn’t pay half the price some of them want.

That is what negotiating is all about. I love to negotiate.