Do it yourself

April 9th, 2023 at 9:23:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Speaking of DIY, remember the first time you had sex?

Isn't it a shame you were alone at the time?
April 11th, 2023 at 2:30:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't see any reason for someone to purchase something like Babble. You can watch foreign movies on YouTube with English subtitles and learn many common expressions. Now I wouldn't suggest something set in a really ethnic part of a country or a slum, or movie about their gangs unless you want to sound like that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2023 at 10:13:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Not much of a do-it-yourself, but I stopped by Walmart to pick up a cheap soldering iron and saw this "Tag It" device in the automotive section for $6. It's kind of a cheapo version of an apple tag. You can tag up to 6 items and every time you move out of range it pings your phone If you still leave something behind it keeps a map on the app on your phone with where that device was last left.

I guess the difference is, Apple tags will track something that moves around. With this, if your tagged item walks away from where you left it, you're out of luck.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 25th, 2023 at 3:12:23 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Not much of a do-it-yourself, but I stopped by Walmart to pick up a cheap soldering iron and saw this "Tag It" device in the automotive section for $6. It's kind of a cheapo version of an apple tag. You can tag up to 6 items and every time you move out of range it pings your phone If you still leave something behind it keeps a map on the app on your phone with where that device was last left.

I guess the difference is, Apple tags will track something that moves around. With this, if your tagged item walks away from where you left it, you're out of luck.

What if it is your phone you walk away from or is stolen?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 25th, 2023 at 5:03:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: DRich
What if it is your phone you walk away from or is stolen?

Nothing's perfect. I might be able to install it on one of my ipads or other phones.
May 20th, 2023 at 6:47:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Ha ha. I like that he pretends it is a friend. I bought this same gas can and went through the same trial of pushing and pulling different parts.

May 20th, 2023 at 8:16:48 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
My dad never worked on cars; back then he'd take it to the "service station."

For those not familiar with this, back in the day gas stations typically had repair bays and mechanics to repair cars.

Wow, who knew?

Anyway, since I had nobody to teach me it wasn't til I was on my own, broke as a joke, that I taught myself to maintain and repair cars and trucks.

I learned primarily by reading books on the subject.

Over the decades I have become a competent "shade tree" mechanic and in hindsight I believe I made an incredibly wise decision to DIY with my vehicles.

Not only have I saved more than six figures over the years by not buying new cars over and over again, keeping and maintaining older cars / working on them is deeply personally satisfying as it involves exercising both my mind and body.

DIY vehicle mainteance and repair: look into it.
July 11th, 2023 at 7:04:19 AM permalink
rxwine
Handheld welding laser. Looks like a tool guy's dream item. Maybe it's something that's been around awhile, but new to me.
I didn't look at the price.

July 11th, 2023 at 8:42:29 AM permalink
rxwine
I was wondering if a laser welder somehow avoids shooting a beam? I don't think so. It's also not very efficient in energy use. Works real well though.
July 11th, 2023 at 10:41:10 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have a new scenario at my house. In the master bathroom there are dual sinks. Yesterday I turned on the faucet and nothing came out. I then tried the faucet next to it and it is working fine. There is no shut off valve under the sink and it doesn't appear there are any leaks. Why would it work fine one night then the next day zero water?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.