Video Games

Page 17 of 17« First<14151617
May 14th, 2023 at 9:15:58 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mission146
Is it on Switch? I might try it, but you're going to have to write a more lengthy review to convince me. I'll be shocked if I even like it better than A Link to the Past; there certainly hasn't been a LoZ game I've liked better so far.

A gazillion reviews online
Most rave about the game
If you like open world then this is the game to play
Breath of the Wild was great, this one is even better
I've already died a bunch of times and loving it.
The game encourages you to try different solutions to different situations
The possibilities are endless as it satisfies every playing style
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2023 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
terapined
Legendary of Zelda Tears of the kingdom
10 million units sold in 3 days at 70 bucks a pop
700 million dollars
That's incredible
Playing right now
I'm pretty aggressive with fighting but I keep dying
It's the beginning of the game, I'm still weak and my armor sucks yet I'm having a blast.
The physics of this game is simply amazing as there are all kinds of different solutions to many situations.
It's a fantastic game that is always challenging you to think, build, create and explore
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 17th, 2023 at 2:35:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Legendary of Zelda Tears of the kingdom
10 million units sold in 3 days at 70 bucks a pop
700 million dollars
That's incredible
Playing right now
I'm pretty aggressive with fighting but I keep dying
It's the beginning of the game, I'm still weak and my armor sucks yet I'm having a blast.
The physics of this game is simply amazing as there are all kinds of different solutions to many situations.
It's a fantastic game that is always challenging you to think, build, create and explore

Do you need any kind of gaming console for this?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 17th, 2023 at 2:52:04 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Do you need any kind of gaming console for this?

Nintendo Switch
May 18th, 2023 at 11:29:42 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Nintendo Switch

The last gaming console I had was the Atari 2600. it was perfect, why would I need to upgrade?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 9th, 2023 at 10:46:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Never played the game, but I saw the preview of “Grand Theft Auto” for 2025. Not much left to make it more realistic. You can tell it’s still generated, but it’s pretty good at it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2023 at 1:38:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I have recently (last few months) playing a video game (PC game) called "War of Rights," U.S. Civil War milsim game, first person, super realistic. All multiplayer (300 player servers, soon to be 400.) Chain of Command based (everything is designed to be organized, though nothing stops you from running around and doing your own thing, but most players follow the system.) You spend most of the game reloading, standing in line, and then getting killed by a stray musket ball from who knows where.

There are two branches currently (infantry and artillery, cavalry is scheduled to be added soon.) But, right now the bulk of the team will be line infantry. All historic, very well done weapons (rifles, smoothbores, pistols, swords.)

Based on the Maryland campaign, so that is where the maps take place (and a couple near the border like Harper's Ferry, which may as well be Maryland.)

Most people will not like this game, very slow paced, very organized movements. If you love history (they do a great job) or historic milsims, it is worth checking out. If you enjoy Civil War reenacting, this game is for you.

And, some people get very into roleplaying (especially on CSA), so you know, you can't let certain words offend you.....

Overall, despite being in Alpha still, one of the best games I have played in a long time. Small development team of history enthusiasts (I think its like an 18 man team) so updates are slow is the one primary critique I can give. And, since it is player driven (multiplayer only), your experience will vary by groups you play with and against (so joining a good regiment is important, when you are new lots of recruiters will be hounding you, but it is important to research.)

If these kinds of games interest you, I would strongly recommend (and I understand that 99% of people are not the prospective audience.)

January 25th, 2024 at 4:20:18 PM permalink
rxwine
The first mixed-reality game I've ever seen.

Page 17 of 17« First<14151617