Video Games

January 18th, 2018 at 9:15:23 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Face, thanks for the review about Cities: Skylines.

Too bad about all of the addons that are basically required.

Here is a link to the game, and addons, in steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Looks like if I want to play it I'll need a serious computer upgrade first, just to hit minimum specs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 18th, 2018 at 3:55:45 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined
Been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild on Switch
What a game
I am fully addicted
Cant wait to play tonight
The world to explore in this game is huge and I have barely scratched the surface
One of the most fun video games I have ever played

Well, duh.

I grew up a Sega kid. Master System, Genesis, too poor for Saturn, then to PS1, PS2, and then Microsoft ever since. Was never a Nintendo kid and spent all of my childhood as a Nintendo hater to play my part for the console wars. But I have played it. And many Zeldas. And I dare you to find one that was mediocre, or a score from another game that was more perfect.

I haven't played a Zelda since Link to the Past ('94?). But some of the modern stuff, like Ocarina of Time? So good I've watched it be played through. Twice. And the main theme never fails to give me chills. That's powerful stuff, right there.

Quote: Dalex64
Face, thanks for the review about Cities: Skylines.

Too bad about all of the addons that are basically required.

Here is a link to the game, and addons, in steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Looks like if I want to play it I'll need a serious computer upgrade first, just to hit minimum specs.

You're welcome, Dalex64. I agree about the add-ons, but that's modern gaming. At least there are Steam sales for relief, but my already Spartan buying has become even more so, as I'm dropping / have dropped out of ones that use predatory tactics. Pay to win, lootboxes, early access, et al.

And sorry about that omission. Ever since getting a good rig, I've completely forgotten anything to do with requirements =/
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 18th, 2018 at 5:03:58 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
Well, duh.

I grew up a Sega kid. Master System, Genesis, too poor for Saturn, then to PS1, PS2, and then Microsoft ever since. Was never a Nintendo kid and spent all of my childhood as a Nintendo hater to play my part for the console wars. But I have played it. And many Zeldas. And I dare you to find one that was mediocre, or a score from another game that was more perfect.

I haven't played a Zelda since Link to the Past ('94?). But some of the modern stuff, like Ocarina of Time? So good I've watched it be played through. Twice. And the main theme never fails to give me chills. That's powerful stuff, right there.

You're welcome, Dalex64. I agree about the add-ons, but that's modern gaming. At least there are Steam sales for relief, but my already Spartan buying has become even more so, as I'm dropping / have dropped out of ones that use predatory tactics. Pay to win, lootboxes, early access, et al.

And sorry about that omission. Ever since getting a good rig, I've completely forgotten anything to do with requirements =/

That was pretty great music Face, and completely new to me! I think I missed something, not playing any of the Zelda series. I go back alllll the way to before video games, had more than a few, like the original ZorK and stuff like that, and really enjoyed them. But somehow went right past Zelda. Thanks!
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 18th, 2018 at 7:20:17 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
Threads: 0
Been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild on Switch
What a game
I am fully addicted
Cant wait to play tonight
The world to explore in this game is huge and I have barely scratched the surface
One of the most fun video games I have ever played

I stayed up all night last Saturday watching the finale of AGDQ 2018 which was a BotW all main quests speed run. These guys are amazing!

https://youtu.be/tsUvZ9yiN_U
January 19th, 2018 at 5:08:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
I stayed up all night last Saturday watching the finale of AGDQ 2018 which was a BotW all main quests speed run. These guys are amazing!

https://youtu.be/tsUvZ9yiN_U

I watched some of this
A lot of good advice
I personally really take my time in this game doing a lot of exploring
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2018 at 7:16:00 AM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
I watched some of this
A lot of good advice
I personally really take my time in this game doing a lot of exploring

I'm the same way. I prefer clearing RPG type games 100%. This one though will take you 6 months to a year at a casual pace!
January 19th, 2018 at 7:58:24 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
I'm the same way. I prefer clearing RPG type games 100%. This one though will take you 6 months to a year at a casual pace!

I finished the beginning part of the game, the great Plateau. So only watched that part of the video. It was interesting in that the player got to 1 shrine in a completely different way then I did. I like to be pleasantly surprised so stopped watching.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 19th, 2018 at 10:40:18 AM permalink
terapined
Any good advice you can suggest?
I always make sure I have an axe to make sure I have access to firewood if I run out.
I chop down trees, make firewood and light it with a fire arrow
I never travel at night anymore. Too dangerous. I make a campfire and travel in the morning
January 19th, 2018 at 12:35:31 PM permalink
Ibeatyouraces
I haven't played it. Only watched it on YouTube or Twitch.
September 3rd, 2018 at 12:36:24 PM permalink
terapined
Overall I'm a peaceful guy. Dont own a gun and support gun control
But
My 2 new favorite video games are pretty violent
Wolfenstein 2 The new colossus. Nazi Germany won WW2 and now it my job to hunt and kill Nazi's all over NYC.
Far Cry 5. A violent religious cult has taken over the Northwest. Its my job to eliminate violent outlaw cult members
Far Cry's open world is amazing