Video Games

October 4th, 2018 at 10:16:37 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7222
Just picked up Forza Horizon 4 for my xbox one
Racing game
Takes place in the UK
One of my all time favorite video games
Its almost perfect in that I can adjust the competition so every race is very competitive. Not to hard. Not to easy
Really digging the off road races, these are my favorites
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 16th, 2018 at 5:46:30 AM permalink
Face
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3941
Quote: terapined
Just picked up Forza Horizon 4 for my xbox one
Racing game
Takes place in the UK
One of my all time favorite video games
Its almost perfect in that I can adjust the competition so every race is very competitive. Not to hard. Not to easy
Really digging the off road races, these are my favorites


What is the point?

I own Forza 1-4 but never jumped into Horizon. When first released, it seemed as though it was just an open world driving game. Pretty, but I didn't understand the point. Is it like Need for Speed where it's a point to point race over open roads? I've seen screenshots; getting hard to tell them from real life.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 16th, 2018 at 6:20:26 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 62
Posts: 7831
Quote: Face
I've seen screenshots; getting hard to tell them from real life.
getting hard to tell GTA from real life too.
October 16th, 2018 at 8:09:52 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7222
Quote: Face
What is the point?.

fun
Quote: Face

I own Forza 1-4 but never jumped into Horizon. When first released, it seemed as though it was just an open world driving game. Pretty, but I didn't understand the point. Is it like Need for Speed where it's a point to point race over open roads? I've seen screenshots; getting hard to tell them from real life.

All kinds of races
Street races, dirt road races and my favorite, off road.
The realism due to the quick frame rate and detailed graphics amazes me.
Sometimes I want to sight see instead of racing
Kind of 4 games in one as the seasons , spring summer fall winter change every 7 days. A spring off road muddy race is a lot different in the winter

Waiting for Red Dead redemption 2 coming out late next week
Open world cowboy game
One of the most anticipated games ever
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 16th, 2018 at 11:30:59 AM permalink
Face
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3941
Quote: terapined

Waiting for Red Dead redemption 2 coming out late next week
Open world cowboy game
One of the most anticipated games ever


I'm off the hype train. Reflection has shown me that it's a losing proposition. So often I'd get soooo excited - SimCity, new Madden, new CoD, pretty much any AAA title post-2000 - and find days if not weeks of server issues, big or even game breaking bugs, dumb crashes Beta never caught, and way too often, a majority, I'd find I was having no fun at all. Worse, I was getting irritated.

Big time looking forward to RDR2, but I ain't having the hype kill it for me. Just bought the F-18 module and Persian Gulf map for DCS: World. At 202 pages for just the quick reference manual, I reckon all will be good and sorted by the time I get a handle on this bird.



Do report back. I'd hear a review.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 16th, 2018 at 12:10:34 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 33
Posts: 2357
I believe that the last computer game I bought was Pacman for the Atari 2600.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
October 16th, 2018 at 12:13:24 PM permalink
Face
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3941
Quote: DRich
I believe that the last computer game I bought was Pacman for the Atari 2600.


Reckon the Forza series has a deep selection of AMC's. Prolly get the console and the game for less than half of a July energy bill =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 16th, 2018 at 12:25:11 PM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 33
Posts: 2357
Quote: Face
Reckon the Forza series has a deep selection of AMC's. Prolly get the console and the game for less than half of a July energy bill =)


Those are the games of you young whippersnappers. My generation was Asteroids, Space Invaders, and Pacman. When I was younger and learning new computer languages I would always write one of those games in it to learn the syntax. I have developed Asteroids and Pacman games probably more than ten different times.

I would enjoy a nice true to life AMC Pacer simulator with a top speed of 72 mph, all the rattles and bolts falling off, and an analog AM radio.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
October 20th, 2018 at 10:47:16 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7222
Quote: Face
Big time looking forward to RDR2, but I ain't having the hype kill it for me. Do report back. I'd hear a review.


Just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 today
Its a huge massive game
107GB
That's huge
The game does not officially come out till next Friday
But
If I buy it on Friday, I may not be able to play till Saturday due down loading 107gb's
So I bought it today since they are allowing players to do a pre-download so we can play it as soon as its released
Downloading the 107GB's right now.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 26th, 2018 at 12:10:26 PM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 53
Posts: 7222
Quote: Face

Big time looking forward to RDR2, but I ain't having the hype kill it for me. .


Started playing at midnight last night for and hour
Got the day off today so been playing today
My overall impression
A bit disappointed
That may change
Its supposed to be an open world game.
Well the 1st 3 hours was very linear forcing me into a gang shootout then a train robbery to kind of set up the story and characters.
Finally made it to the open world and so far, does not feel open as the game kind of points you in a certain direction to keep the story flowing.
Too many cut acting scenes
My opinion may change as I play some more but right now 6 out of 10 stars for the 1st 5 hours of game play

Zelda Breath of the wild still remains my favorite open world game. Its open world right from the beginning. Its fantastic right from the beginning giving the player total freedom to explore as the player sees fit with really little direction.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"