Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

April 18th, 2020 at 2:31:25 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
I started Ozark a couple years ago and somehow began at about season 2 episode 1 and didn't like it at all. Now about the beginning of the virus I started at ep 1 season 1, and I agree it's great. The acting, storyline, scenery are all very good. Got involved with the characters, I like Ruth, but Buddy was my favorite. My wife had some kinfolk back there, and they are as hillbilly as you can imagine. America seems to me to have several different cultures that are so different, they are like separate country's.

Ozark is totally filmed in Georgia,
very far from the Ozarks. They
get a huge tax break for shooting
there. You gotta love Marty, he's
always calm and cool, always
way ahead of the next move.
He's Walter White...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 4:20:06 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
I couldn't even watch the entire first
episode, the acting was so awful.

Reviews of season 1:

I would rather peer through my neighbor's bathroom window and watch him squeeze one out than re-watch Ozark.
Full of pointless scenes that have no baring on the main plot - which itself is weak.
Characters are unbelievable and the writer has been very naive thinking people would buy it.
Not a single twist or cliff hanger that gets you on the edge of your seat or wanting for the next episode.
Really is the worst series I've watched.

Another:

Cheap production as they are unable to hire someone who can write a script and someone who can remove the dark blueish filter. And actors are just not as terribles as other cheap production.
But what's really behind my 1 star review, is the extremely graphic content, as they show gay sex and children in a stripclub getting lapdances. Just because something is on "film" does'nt mean it's okay to show. Seroiuosly, extremely disturbing scenes!
It is so sad seeing films and TV being destroyed by these people.

Another:

Great If You're A Moron
Chuggy Nakamura10 November 2017
This is easily the dumbest and least plausible crime show on TV. The protagonist talks his way out of everything, usually with a pathetically weak scheme that makes no sense. The antagonists (the Snells) are the least intimidating or believable bad guys in the history of recorded media. The FBI agent tracking the Byrds is a lame ripoff of every "troubled cop" you've ever seen and the Preacher (a supposed man of God) happily sacrifices his own pregnant wife rather than simply go to the police or leave town. If you have a functioning brain, avoid this show. Only suitable for mouth breathing, mentally stunted Trump voters.

Another:

complete waste of time.
randomuselessthoughts30 July 2018
Unbelievably bad, ridiculous and stupid script. The script writers must think that the audience have chicken brains otherwise they would not dump such unimaginative, crappy and ridiculous dialogues and story situations on us. And the characters they have created! Oh my god! Each one is more painful to watch than any other character in any other TV series. Tried my best to watch it. Went so far as 5th episode and could not bear it anymore! Run away from this!

Are there 2 EB's lol
He hates it and he likes it
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 18th, 2020 at 6:59:43 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I just finished season one of Hogan's Heroe's.

I was surprised to see there was a different General Burkhalter in the first few episodes prior to Leon Askin joining the show.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 18th, 2020 at 9:07:42 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: ams288
I made it through one episode and that was it.

Made it through 2 episodes
April 18th, 2020 at 10:08:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined
Are there 2 EB's lol
He hates it and he likes it
ROTFL

I hated Downton Abby for the first
couple of ep's. I ended up seeing
the whole series 14 times. Here's
a clue, sonny. Some things improve
over time if you give them a chance.
Ozark is one of them. I almost even
like Ruth, though her fake accent
still grinds on me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2020 at 5:47:28 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
We watched the first two of Ozark today. I agree it’s very similar to Breaking Bad. You just want to pick them all up and shake them.

We like it, and we’ll keep watching.
April 21st, 2020 at 12:28:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Uh Oh. Rush said today that season
6 of Bosch is the best season so far.
And he still hates Tiger King. He can't
be right about both, can he? lol
April 21st, 2020 at 12:36:10 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob
Uh Oh. Rush said today that season
6 of Bosch is the best season so far.
And he still hates Tiger King. He can't
be right about both, can he? lol

I appreciate the Daily EB Rush Report.

I avoid his show and Hannity's. Rush's show is just hard to listen to with his hearing issues because it is so choppy. Hannity repeats himself over and over. He hasn't been the same since Flipper left...
April 21st, 2020 at 2:34:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: RonC

I avoid his show and Hannity's. .

I haven't listened to Rush in
years, too many commercials.
I read the shows transcripts
on his site. For Hannity I wait
till the show is on Youtube and
FF thru all of Hannity's speaking
parts. He's sooo full of himself.
April 24th, 2020 at 7:38:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Don't F**k with cats
Hunting an internet killer

Just found this on Netflix. I started watching it and it really hooked me in. Just started episode 3.
Pretty good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"