Streaming Recommendations (Netflix, HBO, Amazon, etc.)

May 5th, 2019 at 8:07:31 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
I just go to IMDB and look at how many ep's each character is in. That tells me who goes and who stays.

That kind of spoils the story.
May 5th, 2019 at 10:33:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
That kind of spoils the story.

I never watch anything for the story,
always for the acting and writing. The
stories I've already seen a hundred
times. Like the story in Ozark, nothing
new yet. Loser selfish parents, spoiled
big mouthed kids, parents are grifters
who make lots of enemies. The hook
of the show is to keep the family
constantly threatened with ruin, but
having them always escape by a hair
so they can have another season.

Sound familiar?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2019 at 6:15:19 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin
Episode #52 of Ray Donovan, "Sold" (August 27, 2017) has the stupid brother put $1 million in a diaper bag. He gets hungry and walks into a sandwich shop and wisely carries the diaper bag with him rather than leave it in the car. Naturally a couple of thugs are robbing everybody in the place, and they don't even realize it's full of cash.

I have had the fortunate luck to win some $50,000 jackpots at a small pub. When they pay me I always ask them to put the money in a styrofoam food to-go box and then in a plastic bag. I always figured if someone robbed the place while I was there they might ask me to empty my pockets but would never think to look in my food container sitting on the bar.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 5th, 2019 at 6:57:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: DRich
I have had the fortunate luck to win some $50,000 jackpots at a small pub. When they pay me I always ask them to put the money in a styrofoam food to-go box and then in a plastic bag. I always figured if someone robbed the place while I was there they might ask me to empty my pockets but would never think to look in my food container sitting on the bar.
If the word goes out to the pub crawlers, a plain brown wrapper won't help you much.
May 5th, 2019 at 7:29:39 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Just watched a Korean movie "Burning" - a slow burn (pun intended) but gripping nonetheless

May 6th, 2019 at 12:10:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Starting tonight on HBO
CHERNOBYL
looks pretty good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 7th, 2019 at 2:05:31 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
...Ozark...

I caught a snipper while doing something else. Was immediately captivated into watching.

20 min later and I began watching what was ~4eps just for the sheer idiocy of it all. I refuse to even type further. It is the worst thing I have ever watched, and I kinda hate Bateman now purely because of it. It is so bad.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 7th, 2019 at 2:41:43 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
I caught a snipper while doing something else. Was immediately captivated into watching.

20 min later and I began watching what was ~4eps just for the sheer idiocy of it all. I refuse to even type further. It is the worst thing I have ever watched, and I kinda hate Bateman now purely because of it. It is so bad.

I suggest watching the last episode. Del is the best part of the series
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 7th, 2019 at 6:12:21 PM permalink
terapined
Started watching Big Little lies HBONOW
I did not expect it to suck me in but it did
Not my favorite subjects, family drama and kids, but its pretty well done with great actresses so its keeping my interest
Currently watching episode 3
What's keeping me going is this murder in the background
I hope I don't have to wait till the end of the season to find out who's murdered
May 7th, 2019 at 6:22:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
I hope I don't have to wait till the end of the season to find out who's murdered

You do.

Great show. Very satisfying finale.

Can’t wait for season 2.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman