The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

October 14th, 2017 at 4:01:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
>>>>Ruh Roh? Are you doing HBO treatments?
Denied.
Got any mariner/diving associates with a dive chamber? I checked out the tube HBO last week, looks painful.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 16th, 2017 at 6:22:29 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Lots of Oxy in MI, I breathe it every day.
Playing silly buggers are you? Obviously the reference to oxygen is to supplemental oxygen from a tank or concentrator that is fed into a cannula placed just under the nostrils or fed into the vacuum cleaner's output that is directed into my airway each night.
October 16th, 2017 at 11:25:44 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Obviously the reference to oxygen is to supplemental oxygen.

We have lots of free oxy, no need to supplement.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 17th, 2017 at 2:44:31 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 153
I know the guy who runs this website below, he is a retired doctor who is however anti-quack. Sees much to dislike in modern medical care.

He is on top of a lot of stuff, for example this 'be aware' comment on the way drug companies justify their prices: "Critics [accuse] drug companies [of rolling] their marketing costs into the R&D numbers, and that this constitutes the major part of the expense". Yeah, I bet, and ever notice how many drug ads are on TV? How would TV survive today without that income? Of course they lost all that income from tobacco ads, gotta make that up!

http://managingyourdoctor.com/

note the sections on 'ask the doctor' and 'posts' [basically a blog] - these are good. the above quote came from http://managingyourdoctor.com/costs/drug-company-deception-rd-costs/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 22nd, 2017 at 3:19:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
At least twenty thousand medical journal articles may be unsound because scientists who thought they had been provided with a certain cell line had in fact been provided with a different cell line contaminated with immortal cells that take over petri dishes.
October 27th, 2017 at 3:33:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I took a look at some of these soft dives and soft chambered HBO units used at professional athletic events.

The trouble is that even these chambers are very pricey and the homemade ones are not only beyond my skills they are well beyond my courage.

Most investigators only look at short term effects of HBO therapy, never the long term effect on mitochondrial functioning.

The Kardia two finger device is only a hundred dollars but its for licensed quacks only.

The Butterfly one-transducer on a chip is FAA approved but is two thousand dollars and probably sold to licensed quacks only though I'm not certain of that.
October 27th, 2017 at 3:38:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quacks are always yammering at me about diet and exercise.

No one with record making leptin levels is going to go out jogging. If I walk fifty feet I really feel it. At seventy five feet I stop. Can't even make one aisle in the grocery store these days without a cart.
October 27th, 2017 at 4:44:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quacks are always yammering at me about diet and exercise.

No one .... is going to go out jogging.
http://www.houstonlungdocs.com/oxygen-therapy/ Need more o2.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 17th, 2017 at 3:08:45 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Need data.

I've got Gout. Or as is often said to impress people: I have The Gout.

Got questions.

Anyone similarly situated? If so, would you mind disclosing what your daily water intake averages? I'm told I'm supposed to be washing away those uric acid crystals that are supposedly in my joints, particularly my feets.
December 17th, 2017 at 3:23:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Need data.

I've got Gout. Or as is often said to impress people: I have The Gout.

Got questions.

Anyone similarly situated? If so, would you mind disclosing what your daily water intake averages? I'm told I'm supposed to be washing away those uric acid crystals that are supposedly in my joints, particularly my feets.

Had it since the 80's, I take Allopurinol
every day. I drink lots of water, at least
half a gallon or more. Stay away from
organ meats like liver, avoid anchovies
and mushrooms. For a flare up take
Ibuprofin, it's like a miracle drug for
gout. Take 4 at once, that's the same
as 1 prescription dosage.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.