Gigafactory

Page 55 of 55« First<52535455
November 5th, 2017 at 5:16:21 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 55
Just learned that the Tesla Model 3 does not have an FM radio.

They promise to add one someday.
November 6th, 2017 at 3:33:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 105
Quote: reno
Just learned that the Tesla Model 3 does not have an FM radio.

They promise to add one someday.

I have heard that the average car being over 10 years old is helping prop up the AM/FM stations as they do not have bluetooth or other gadgets for other methods of entertainment. I rarely listen to AM/FM, but would still want it. Not having it shows a management out of touch with the common buyer.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
November 21st, 2017 at 8:02:30 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 773
Quote: AZDuffman
I have heard that the average car being over 10 years old is helping prop up the AM/FM stations as they do not have bluetooth or other gadgets for other methods of entertainment. I rarely listen to AM/FM, but would still want it. Not having it shows a management out of touch with the common buyer.

When Norway cut off FM radio earlier this year there were 2 million cars on Norway’s roads that are not equipped with Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) receivers. Sixty-six percent of Norwegians opposed switching off FM, with just 17 percent in favor and the rest undecided. Nevertheless, parliament gave the final go-ahead for the move last month, swayed by the fact that digital networks can carry more radio channels.

Switzerland plans a similar shift from 2020, and Britain and Denmark are among those also considering such a switch. A smooth transition to DAB, which is already beamed across Norway, could encourage these countries to move ahead.
Page 55 of 55« First<52535455