Gigafactory

March 22nd, 2018 at 5:29:22 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Never understood the lyrics to Hey 19.
Never saw much sense in most of what The Doors sang.
Live music ? Billy Joel at his Shea Stadium concert had a young couple get engaged during the concert and he adlibbed a "Get a Pre-Nup" to them.
March 22nd, 2018 at 5:55:13 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
Never understood the lyrics to Hey 19.

Check out the Walter Becker rap from Hey 19. Maybe Walter can help you understand.
Rap starts 2:37 into the song
Rip Walter. Miss you
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 29th, 2018 at 3:16:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Tesla is just months from a total collapse, says hedge-fund manager

Debt downgraded this week. Musk can only con real money men so long. I've been calling this for years now, got laughed and yelled at.

With his bonds down, more and more places cannot invest even if they want to do so. If only I could afford some LEAP puts.
The President is a fink.
March 29th, 2018 at 10:34:27 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Tesla is just months from a total collapse, says hedge-fund manager

Debt downgraded this week. Musk can only con real money men so long. I've been calling this for years now, got laughed and yelled at.

With his bonds down, more and more places cannot invest even if they want to do so. If only I could afford some LEAP puts.

I think they're out of time to get model 3 production to a reasonable rate. When enough of they're suppliers demand payment before delivery they'll go chapter 11.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
March 29th, 2018 at 11:49:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: JimRockford

I think they're out of time to get model 3 production to a reasonable rate. When enough of they're suppliers demand payment before delivery they'll go chapter 11.

Last I heard their cash burn was $8,000 a minute. Good point on the suppliers. You can always stall debtholders, but if steel stops showing up at the factory gate you are done. Of course, Tesla can't bend it right so that would not matter! HAR HAR HAR!
The President is a fink.
March 30th, 2018 at 10:16:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Didn't Tesla just recall umpteen zillion cars?
March 30th, 2018 at 11:46:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Didn't Tesla just recall umpteen zillion cars?

Just halted production of S and X to try to make more model 3s.

The end may be near, though I will wait a few weeks as I do not have the capital and I thinks Musk will make believe just one more time.

Then I copy the Brownfield Fund boys and load up on cheapo puts.
The President is a fink.
April 1st, 2018 at 4:42:25 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
In addition to the financial dire straits, and the production problems, add to it that today's hybrids with less than $3/gal fuel costs are cheaper by the mile.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4160351-tesla-model-3-costs-charge-gasoline-car
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 1st, 2018 at 5:02:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
In addition to the financial dire straits, and the production problems, add to it that today's hybrids with less than $3/gal fuel costs are cheaper by the mile.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4160351-tesla-model-3-costs-charge-gasoline-car

Guy sounds like what I have been saying for a few years now. Hybrids themselves have not taken off like the talking heads thought they would 10 years ago. Hybrids are all marketing, as if the idea was to save gas the manufacturers would put their energy into mild hybrids on large vehicles getting a 3-5 mpg bump. Not that I fault them for good marketing. But I do say look at reality, not what the Don Drapers of today are putting out.
The President is a fink.
April 1st, 2018 at 5:17:00 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
11 million sold worldwide, and now every major manufacturer has at least one in the lineup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_electric_vehicles_in_the_United_States

Consumer demand has put them into the 30mpg cars, yielding 55mpg cars.

Apparently Ford is going to try the hybrids in a pickup truck.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1115487_xl-hybrids-adds-ford-f-250-hybrid-to-f-150-plug-in-hybrid-pickups-production-to-start-in-march

The idea from the manufacturers isn't to save gas, it is to sell vehicles, and so far the demand for hybrids has been in cars, not trucks.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan