the death of coal?

September 19th, 2015 at 12:32:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
The US has an estimated 200 years worth of recoverable gas. Pipeline infrastructure in place, etc.

Hmm, well if climate change brings severe flooding (Florida, where I live could potentially be underwater) aren't windmills and solar more secure form of energy than anything else under such conditions.

Energy close to home in such conditions beats everything else hands down under certain conditions. I will be living on stilts with a windtower and solar panels -- if I wasn't dead by then which I likely will be, barring head in a jar possibilities.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 19th, 2015 at 1:00:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Hmm, well if climate change brings severe flooding (Florida, where I live could potentially be underwater) aren't windmills and solar more secure form of energy than anything else under such conditions.

If it is underwater why would you stay there?
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2015 at 1:31:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
If it is underwater why would you stay there?

Like the refugee situation -- people hanging out defending against people moving to smaller portions of dry land?

I just start learning to like fish more often.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 19th, 2015 at 4:33:22 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
If they did I might move!

Are you joking?

Don't you love America? Isn't America the greatest country on Earth? I figured you believed in American exceptionalism.

38% of Texans are Hispanic. You'd love it there.

You're just joking around.
September 19th, 2015 at 4:59:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: reno
Are you joking?

Don't you love America? Isn't America the greatest country on Earth? I figured you believed in American exceptionalism.

38% of Texans are Hispanic. You'd love it there.

You're just joking around.

Love my country, hate my government.

I don't have an issue with hispanics. I do have issue with illegal aliens. Lone Star Republic will have no problem ejecting illegals.

Not joking around. I do not believe the USA survives in current form another 50 years.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2015 at 8:17:14 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Love my country, hate my government.

Is there any country with a better government than America's?

The U.S. government is indeed mediocre, but it's still the best government on Earth because it's the only one established by the U.S. Constitution.

All the other governments competent enough to provide civilization (paved roads, reliable electricity, modern medicine, etc) either charge much higher taxes (Europe, Canada) or offer less freedom (Singapore, Japan, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E.) And if you think our government is corrupt, it ain't so bad compared to the rest (Africa, South America, Asia.)

Lone Star Republic will have no problem ejecting illegals.

Texas has one million illegals. It will be extremely expen$ive to remove most of them, and completely impossible to remove 100% of them.
September 20th, 2015 at 4:22:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Is there any country with a better government than America's?

The U.S. government is indeed mediocre, but it's still the best government on Earth because it's the only one established by the U.S. Constitution.

Which would be great, if we still followed it! The USA is no longer in the Top 10 most free nations and we are falling fast. Once a population who was freedom loving, we now have a large proportion, I put it at 1/3-60% who, depending on the issue, beg for their freedom to be taken away so they get some small trinket in return. And I am serious when I say about 1 in 5 people here would willingly rather live as serfs with minimal freedom if their basic needs were assured. Given the welfare system, many are already there.

Quote:
Texas has one million illegals. It will be extremely expen$ive to remove most of them, and completely impossible to remove 100% of them.

Not all that expensive. Bus them to Juarez and drop them off. Just pick them up as they turn up. Encourage self-deprotation by locking them out of the legit system: no schooling, no drivers license, no welfare, no bank accounts, etc. On the other side, major punishment for employers. Perhaps a guest worker program for harvest time. When Mexico cries about "building a wall" ask their POM if the letters "F-O" mean anything to him?

Illegal immigration could be cut major in the USA if we wanted, but too many people love it for it to happen.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2015 at 1:39:20 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
A lot of Tea Partiers in Texas want the state to secede from the U.S.

They might not accept your immigration application ;)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 20th, 2015 at 1:54:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: TheCesspit
A lot of Tea Partiers in Texas want the state to secede from the U.S.

They might not accept your immigration application ;)

Happiest moment of that month last year is when a Texan said I'd make a good Texan. So I figure a touch over 50/50.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2015 at 6:57:30 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Speaking of coal, now that houses don't have coal furnaces, what do inner city kids rub on their forehead before being late for Catholic grade school on Ash Wednesday.