MENTAL ILLNESS

Page 3 of 5<12345>

Thread Rating:

October 17th, 2016 at 10:02:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Many people are praising magnetic stimulation of left hemisphere. People are also assembling their own industrial strength magnet kits, buying or constructing electrodes (TENS electrodes and EKG electrodes are different). wiring themselves into bioamp circuits (unwise). Low power surface magnets do seem to have a following, but deep trancranial stimulation seems to have a major effect. Experimenters seem driven by costs not being reimbursed due to 'experimental' designation that has plaqued the procedure for decades.
October 18th, 2016 at 9:40:53 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Flea, I will reply after finishing this latest chapter.
So I get there and Josie is disoriented. Greeter saw her wobbly pushing a basket, but could not get there in time. Josie right wrist is painful, knot on head above left eye. EMT checks her out, they walk her to car and I drive to Emergency room. Josie says she is ok, but I insist on holding onto her. About 10 feet from the door, her feet go all wobbly. All I can do to keep her erect and get her into a wheelchair.
October 18th, 2016 at 9:43:26 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Long story short, sprain wrist, CAT scan on head is good, Diagnosis is side effect of Olanzapine 5 mg she started taking about 10 days ago.
Plus cut back on Depakokote. All's well that ends well NOT !!!!
October 18th, 2016 at 9:55:06 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Seems this side effect is prevalent when Olanzapine is combined with dementia. Her memory loss has been increasing slowly over 6 weeks, not 10 days. Scheduling followups with Phsyc and Family doctors, looking for name of dr who did dementia test 3 years ago. Wierd test. Forget how verbal worked, but normal range 90-105 Josie 89 Written was a drawing of a house and items in rooms plus some other designs. See the pix, then try and recreate from memory. Then allowed look at longer, etc Same 90-105 Josie 83. Doc soft pedaled said maybe just Josie baseline. need to retest in a few years maybe. Afraid Maybe is NOW.
October 18th, 2016 at 10:04:51 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Josie was in kitchen few minutes ago, forgot why. Earlier found apppt card for DR next week. Thought she missed it at first, seemed to understand it was next week finally. Few minutes later, she asked if we were at that doctors 2 days ago. NOT GOOD !
Her big brother 7 ft tall 400 lbs had dementia. On a trip back to Baltimore trying to straighten out his affairs, found check book and until November of a year he paid everything on time. Then he paid nothing, and I do mean nothing. Just that quick. Died in nursing home 2 years later. Needless to say I tell Josie all is OK. Now I really want to beat the shit out of that Fat F*** at Startek. but I am on leash. You know that feeling too, Face. ( No worry, that's all I am gonna say )

Goota make some phone calls. Anybody who pities me can get in line behind that fat tub of lard. I aint taking the easy way out. 2 different senior ( hate that word) couples at my church have divorced to qualify for Medicaid, foot stamps, etc. NO THANKS

Just releasing my anger and frustration here. THANKS
October 18th, 2016 at 10:10:34 AM permalink
buzzardknot
FLEA
Dr. who does Tran-cranial magnetic Stimulation, Harvard grad, shared same info with me. Real battle to get approved with insurance companies. Part of reason is pharmaceutical lobby. Finally got Medicare approval 2 years ago. But still no approval for VA. TMS is not a magic cure but has over 70% cure rate. And only takes the worse patients. Friend who Josie met at treatments had to give up and have ECT finally. Yes, shock treatment still around. Anybody thinking of leaving a kind word, it's not necessary. But THANKS just the same.
October 18th, 2016 at 10:40:59 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Josie laying down for a nap, or trying to Dark room listening to TV. Meanwhile I get appt with Magnet Doc for 4:20 tomorrow, Good right ? WRONG. Josie just hollered from bedroom, wanting to know where I was. Thought she just woke up in am.
GSIYHAPIDAYE
October 18th, 2016 at 11:56:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
There is a laundry list of potential causes of dementia ..... aluminum, amyloid deposits, high barium drinking water as child, ... but see my recent comments about LBD, Lewy Body Disease, which is what Robin Williams suffered from and was misdiagnosed as Parkinsons/Dementia/etc.

Robin Williams died from a stomach ache that was misdiagnosed twenty years prior to his death. M. avium paratuberculosis frequently is ingested in dairy products and twenty to thirty years later the brain loses its xenophagy/autophagy battle. So see if you can get an antibody test to M. avium paratuberculosis and while they are at that look for P. multocida also.

Divorces for medicare/medicaid are common and in Florida some rich people will prepay for a fifty thousand dollar grave, so they are poor enough for Medicare.
October 19th, 2016 at 11:21:27 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Flea, I had heard in the past of widows and widowers who would not remarry as it would cut their Social Security benefits. So I guess with prescriptions prices I can see a similar choice for Medicare. I pay over 10K in medical premiums, another 2k in prescriptions. Would be 5K but I have an advantage play LOL No help from manufacturers as don't qualify there either.Back to my nightmare.

So I call Walmart to reschedule interview. Someone will call me back I was told yesterday. SURE !!!!
Josies hand swollen twice its size Have Dr appt this afternoon before Magnet Dr. Wobbles are gone, looks like side effect OLANZAPINE for sure. She had only taken for 9 days, double counted pills left to be sure. But memory troubles started 6 weeks ago. Still getting worse..
HAVE to do something IMMEDIATELY.

Yesterday afternoon as I was going out to walk fleabag, Josie asked me to turn around. Thought she saw orange stripe up my back WTF
Then later I toasted a bagel to eat while watching PROFIT. Later Josie cleaned up kitchen, did dishes. She wanted to toast a bagel, but could not find toaster. IF only it were that simple. Could not find it anywhere. Even looked in dishwasher. Found it in the kitchen trash can ??
Can was behind table a bout 18 inches, Did NOT just fall in. Was unplugged and cord was under the toaster. NOT GOOD

Took 3 minutes to edit all my mistakes.Maybe I ain't Superman after all ?
October 19th, 2016 at 1:36:18 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
So see if you can get an antibody test to M. avium paratuberculosis and while they are at that look for P. multocida also.
Better make that a priority. Can you get home health care assistance? Cleaning assistance?
Page 3 of 5<12345>