1 LATAM Airlines Brasil 29. Aug 2016
1 Volaris 12. Sep 2016
1 Viva Aerobus 06. Oct 2016

4 Lufthansa Germany
4 Pegasus Turkey

2 AirAsia Malaysia
2 GoAir India
10 IndiGo India

Airbus should be cranking them out almost at a few per week soon.

Southwest has not received delivery of the B737-Max-8 yet.
October 7th, 2016 at 8:49:58 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Airbus should be cranking them out almost at a few per week soon.

They're certainly not breaking the factory with the A350...

Quote:
Southwest has not received delivery of the B737-Max-8 yet.

Not exactly. Southwest is flying it on route test runs. An airline in on of the Baltic countries is doing the same with the CS-300. Entry into service for both is a few months away, I expect.

In the meantime, Mitsubishi announced another delay for EIS of its MRJs. Expect it around 2019.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 7th, 2016 at 3:25:30 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Before they start flying 737-max8s to London, they will have to make a decision on expansion. The decision of either (1) the extension of an existing runway, (2) the creation of a third runway, or (3) an expansion at fellow London airport Gatwick may come in the next few weeks.

Quote: Laura Hamill Content Executive, Routesonline

Is a Heathrow decision incoming?
It has been no secret that London Heathrow has been operating at almost full capacity – much closer to achieving this than other major London airports or rival hubs of Europe. The discussion around a possible expansion at either Heathrow or Gatwick has been ongoing for years, and it seems this is now coming to a close.

A decision on an expansion in the South East is set to be made this month. This could come in the form of a new runway at London Heathrow, an extension of one of the two existing runways to double the length of it, or building a third runway at London Gatwick. No full length runway has been laid down in the South East of England since the 1940s.

In terms of cost, the most expensive option is to create a new runway at Heathrow, but it has also been identified as the option that will make the most money and create the most jobs out of these projects.

The Airports Commission, set up in 2012, came to a final decision over a year ago about this best possible outcome. The Airports Commission report states, “While London is a well-connected city its airports are showing unambiguous signs of strain.”

The report continues, “There is spare capacity elsewhere in the South East for point-to-point and especially low cost flights, but with no availability at its main hub airport London is beginning to find that new routes to long haul destinations are set up elsewhere in Europe rather than in the UK.”

This part of the report has raised issues with London Gatwick Airport. As the report was finalised in July 2015, it is out of date in terms of stating Gatwick “is well placed to cater for growth in intra-European leisure flying, but it unlikely to provide as much of the type of capacity which is most urgently required: long haul destinations in new markets.”

Competition has been a key driver in the airport’s growth, and last year recorded a two percent gain in London Airport market share. The airport is also recognised as the European airport with the most long haul routes in the last 12 months. In 2016 alone, 20 new long haul routes have been opened, and the airport now serves more long haul destinations than was predicted with a new runway in 2050.

Should London Heathrow be granted permission to go ahead with a new runway, 11 conditions must be adhered to. This includes a ban on night flights, and assurance that there will not be a fourth runway built.

This ongoing debate has sparked much controversy. With the decision back in the spotlight, a protest was held at London Heathrow demonstrating a ‘die-in’, with protesters opposing the third runway due to the issues it would raise in terms of climate change. It has been stated that 60 percent growth in passenger numbers in the UK can be achieved within the UK’s Climate Change Targets.

Heathrow has also stated that it could add five percent more flights from 2021 by reducing gaps between aircraft movements, thus expanding capacity before any new runway comes into operation in 2025.

The Commission stated that the proposed Thames Estuary airport “while appealing in theory, is unfeasibly expensive, highly problematic in environmental terms and would be highly disruptive for many businesses and communities.”

The outcome of the decision is slated to be delivered between 2025 and 2029. The Airports Commission report has stated that a new runway in the South East is required by 2030, reiterating the need for a decision to be made soon.
October 10th, 2016 at 8:46:23 AM permalink
Nareed
While browsing aviation blogs, I caught a list of how many of what planes Boeing and Airbus delivered last year and this year. It turns out Boeing delivered a few 767s! I'd no idea they were still in production.
October 10th, 2016 at 8:02:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed
While browsing aviation blogs, I caught a list of how many of what planes Boeing and Airbus delivered last year and this year. It turns out Boeing delivered a few 767s! I'd no idea they were still in production.

Most of the B767s are cargo planes today,
October 11th, 2016 at 7:17:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Most of the B767s are cargo planes today,

Yes. And some cargo airlines even buy or lease new planes, not just old, converted airliners.

Just the same, I wonder what the latest 767s produced are used for? A review of Air Astana (Based in Kazakhstan, I think), mentioned their 767s were made in 2013. I suppose they're cheaper than a 787 or A330, and with the low fuel prices they may make a bigger short-term profit.
October 11th, 2016 at 3:31:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
The A330's are getting old as well. Cathay Dragon is taking delivery of some that are 24 years old

Aer Lingus took delivery of an A330 a few weeks ago that is brand new.

But Air Astana Boeing took delivery of the last passenger version of the B767 (First Flight 30. May 2014).

I don't see anymore orders for passenger versions of the B767, but FedEx does have an order in for 20 freight versions. This one was just delivered in summer 2016.
October 12th, 2016 at 7:26:42 AM permalink
Nareed
The A330's are getting old as well. Cathay Dragon is taking delivery of some that are 24 years old

Yes, but there is an A330 neo in the works, so I suppose the ceo will still get produced.

Quote:
But Air Astana Boeing took delivery of the last passenger version of the B767 (First Flight 30. May 2014).

Thanks! That still means there were passenger 767s produced well after I thought they'd been discontinued. It's a 30+ year old design after all.

Quote:
I don't see anymore orders for passenger versions of the B767, but FedEx does have an order in for 20 freight versions. This one was just delivered in summer 2016.

I suppose cargo planes are built without windows, but I've always wondered if these are removed from re-purposed passenger jets.
October 12th, 2016 at 9:31:25 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed
(1) Yes, but there is an A330 neo in the works, so I suppose the ceo will still get produced.
(2) Thanks! That still means there were passenger 767s produced well after I thought they'd been discontinued. It's a 30+ year old design after all.
(3) I suppose cargo planes are built without windows, but I've always wondered if these are removed from re-purposed passenger jets.

(1) http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a330family/spotlight-on-a330neo/
A330neo launched July 2014.
(2) True 'dat
(3) They are "plugged" shut with an aluminum design.
October 13th, 2016 at 9:02:08 AM permalink
Nareed

Launched as in it's already being delivered, or as in the program is in the works and we'll see them around 2019-20 assuming the usual delay?

Quote:
(3) They are "plugged" shut with an aluminum design.

Any reason for that? I assume it reduces weight.