Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

December 1st, 2015 at 4:50:09 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
That was a violent protest? A couple of hundred disenfranchised folks. Sure. Likely MI6 has tabs on everyone of those protesters. Idiots.

No, but I wouldn't want to live next door to Craig Stephen Hicks either.

You are allowed to bring your personal bible into Saudi Arabia.
December 1st, 2015 at 5:18:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
That was a violent protest?

Sure looked like one to me. No "attacks" but hardly what I would consider peaceful or safe.

Quote:
You are allowed to bring your personal bible into Saudi Arabia.

A google search shows this to be at best at the whim of the customs agent who inspects you. At best you are taking a chance. In Saudi Arabia being anything other than muslim is dangerous. You cannot go near Mecca if you are not a muslim, and a muslim who converts away can be put to death.

EDIT: Actually, to visit Saudi Arabia at all is hard. You need a visa and the place often does not issue them for tourism. Try to go as a woman without a man! Try and enter after you have visited Israel.

Really, you want to keep defending this religion? I haven't even mentioned the elephant in the room.
The President is a fink.
December 1st, 2015 at 6:47:33 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
It's probably not as bad as it seems given that a pair of people from our church are teaching in Saudi Arabia right now. They took their bible with them. They are fine. They returned last year from the same experience.

Saudi Arabia is not mainstream Muslim.
December 1st, 2015 at 9:32:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A little bit left for some but Chris Hedges has a good article: http://www.peakprosperity.com/insider/95544/murder-and-mayhem-middle-east.

"As bad as he was, at least he didn’t kill a million Iraqis on trumped up charges of non-existent weapons of mass destruction. Nor was he chopping off 50 heads per week and stoning females for adultery as is the case with Saudi Arabia right now.

But again, whether he killed protestors or not, or committed war crimes or not, is irrelevant to the power structure. What mattered was that he had locked out Western interests, and instead used his country's oil wealth to provide free or extremely cheap health care, education and housing to a wide swath of Libyans."

Libya which was the most progressive country in the mid east, is now a sectarian hellhole. A breeding ground for radical Islamists including ISIS.

And now the same thing is happening in Syria. More before and after of Syria, http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/26/syria-heritage-in-ruins-before-and-after-pictures.

None of these pictures are taken of Saudi Arabia where 15/19 911 hijackers were from.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 2nd, 2015 at 3:03:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
can anyone post a photo of lebanon, the most stable country in the middle east as of 20 years ago?
December 2nd, 2015 at 3:32:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo

Saudi Arabia is not mainstream Muslim.

Saudi Arabia contains the capital of islam (mecca) and claims to teach the purest form of islam, similar to being very Orthodox in the Jewish faith. "Mainstream" or not it does not matter.

Meanwhile, since the last video from London was seemingly not "violent", here is some more video of some nice muslims living side by side by side in both London and the USA. In the no-go zones that supposedly do not exist.

The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2015 at 8:37:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Big deal
I consider SE DC near the White House a no go zone

Every culture and religion have their criminals

We have a Muslim in congress
No biggie to me
You must go bonkers over that
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 2nd, 2015 at 2:23:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Big deal

Thanks for showing where you stand on no-go zones. I will file it for future use.
The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2015 at 2:51:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You go into any "ghettoized" area of the US and on average not expect good things.

What does that have to do with Muslims?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 2nd, 2015 at 2:59:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Saudi Arabia contains the capital of islam (mecca) and claims to teach the purest form of islam, similar to being very Orthodox in the Jewish faith. "Mainstream" or not it does not matter.

Meanwhile, since the last video from London was seemingly not "violent", here is some more video of some nice muslims living side by side by side in both London and the USA. In the no-go zones that supposedly do not exist.

Yep, an ugly deal.

Hate groups have been around for a long time. A small sampling of 939 listed hate groups in America 2013. Here's 5, just Christian, hate groups in Amrecia. http://thehumanist.com/news/religion/5-dangerous-christian-hate-groups

As of the killings in California today, following the PP killings, the uproar from all the pols for gun control/confiscation, I think it is underway to find out how serious all the gun owners that claim "take it from my cold dead hands" really are?

I would like to know what meds the shooters were taking, and how many of the dead and wounded were armed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW