April 21st, 2016 at 1:16:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
I had no idea he was just five two. .

I had a 5' 2' GF once and she was
short. A guy that small would have
really stood out.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2016 at 1:41:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Like most short performers, he always wore
boots with 4''-5" heels. Singer Tom Jones is
5' 8" and always wore boots with high heels.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 21st, 2016 at 5:19:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Regarding Prince
Looks like Drug related
The Plane making an emergency landing in Moline last Fri was due to an overdose
He was rushed to the hospital and given a "save" shot to counter the opiates in his system
The Dr and hospital insisted on a 24 hr stay
Princes people balked because they could not get a private room
Prince left the hospital after only 3 hours
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2016 at 6:01:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
I never liked Prince, or his music. He could have
died 20 years ago and I wouldn't have known it.
April 21st, 2016 at 6:08:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I never liked Prince, or his music. He could have
died 20 years ago and I wouldn't have known it.

I liked some of his songs, hated others, but overall did not bother much with him. Thought he was a nut when he changed his name.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2016 at 6:22:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: terapined
Regarding Prince
Looks like Drug related

Kind of disappointing, if true. Most of the older musicians get their act together by his age and put harder drugs behind them for good.

They've done it all, and it either kills them or they quit the hard drugs somewhat early on.

Could be other reasons. Like Jackson, he can find docs who will prescribe anything, and just fall into heavy usage. Think that's what Elvis did as well.

Start getting older, and I suppose there's a temptation to just medicate any problem.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2016 at 6:29:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Could be other reasons. Like Jackson, he can find docs who will prescribe anything, and just fall into heavy usage. Think that's what Elvis did as well.

Elvis was better about it. I'm down on the drug use thing, almost always leads to bad things. But Elvis, the guy had a pill book and told his doc what he wanted. Plus the guy owned his own drug store in Memphis. He was not a guy shooting street level crap.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2016 at 7:41:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Elvis was better about it. I'm down on the drug use thing, almost always leads to bad things. But Elvis, the guy had a pill book and told his doc what he wanted. Plus the guy owned his own drug store in Memphis. He was not a guy shooting street level crap.

The one thing that is likely the same. They all can find legal drug prescribers who will take their money and give them what they want. None need use street drugs which have an extra risk if they don't want to. If I can get hospital grade drugs, I'm not going to bother with the risk of street drugs. Could still end up just as dead though sooner or later.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2016 at 7:49:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Probably the most dangerous thing if you become rich and famous, is too many people who say "yes" to you. At least if you use drugs.
April 21st, 2016 at 7:55:24 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Thought he was a nut when he changed his name.

I read his biography. He changed his name because he was being bullied and suffocated by his record company who literally told him "We own you, little man. We own your music, we even own your name." So he severed his ties, changed his name and said "You don't own THIS name, bitch!" He changed it back ten years later or so.

I saw his Purple Rain tour in 1985 or so, with Sheila E opening. Great show. Prince is credited with being the only one (aside from Elvis if I remember correctly) to have the #1 album, #1 song, and #1 movie in the world at the same time in 1984.