Where is FrG?

Page 27 of 27« First<24252627
May 5th, 2019 at 10:35:34 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: SOOPOO
I think you have this one wrong, Padre. I am guessing most people meeting the Pope have been waiting a lifetime to do so, and likely consider it a highlight of their life. If you are the one they admire (the Pope), I think the small personal SACRIFICE you should make to make this meeting as special as possible for all the worshippers far outweighs him "not liking having people kiss his ring". If you can't accommodate ring kissers, then don't be the Pope!

SOOPOO, I actually completely agree with you and was embarassed for the Holy Father when I saw it. I was reacting to those who were saying it was because he was old, out of it, mean, or other reasons like that. He doesn't personally like people kissing his ring, he has to get over that and maybe realize they are not kissing his ring, but the ring of an office that goes directly back to St. Peter and Jesus Himself.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 5th, 2019 at 10:37:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
I think you have this one wrong, Padre. I am guessing most people meeting the Pope have been waiting a lifetime to do so, and likely consider it a highlight of their life.

Watch the video and only look at
the faces of the victims. They are
stunned, joyful, full of wonder and
happiness. Only to have that snatched
away by some selfish old man who
decided to wreck it for them that
day. What a jerk.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2019 at 10:42:11 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Never meet your heroes
May 5th, 2019 at 3:30:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: aceofspades
Never meet your heroes

I met the Wizard and he was awesome!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 5th, 2019 at 4:25:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I met the Wizard and he was awesome!

My heroes only include people
who do heroic things. Your bar
seems lower than mine.. He did
survive food poisoning, but
I question his reasoning for
going in there in the first place.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2021 at 5:51:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
In this thread because if FrG is still around I would be interested on his take.

Costa Rica: First Nation to Ban Traditional Latin Mass

I really do not get the reasoning. In my city there was one church that had the Latin Mass for years after Vatican II ended it. They were told to stop for decades, yet some people came from the next state over to attend. Is this Pope trying to drive even more people away?
The President is a fink.
January 26th, 2023 at 2:34:55 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: FrGamble
Bob, I am speechless after such an impassioned rant against my religion and my savior. There are far too many errors and misunderstandings to address individually so I thought I would just respond about what I love about my faith and the way my Lord and God chose to intervene into the world. I'm sorry I don't have as much venom to spit as you do.

In the past God had spoken in various ways to His people. He led them to search for Him in various ways and the people longed to know God so they created stories of gods like men and demigods and gods that reflected nature and gods who would even visit their people in human form for a time. These myths and stories prepared the hearts of many. Then God chose a specific people and guided them slowly in new ways, like a gentle teacher. This people at first had no home, no kingdom, wandering in the desert. It was made up of imperfect people and broken families. They were enslaved and He heard their cry. He freed them and led them on a journey to establish a kingdom. He made covenant after covenant with them and every time the people broke the covenant He would forgive, teach, and establish a new one. They asked for a king and eventually once again they trusted in the world and not in God the kingdom fell. They were overcome, oppressed, and ruled.

Then a new and different kind of king was born. He was born into history, no longer was God distant or mythical, He was like us in all things but sin. He was born of a virgin, true God and true man. The fulfillment of the prophecies of old. He was humble and lived for most of His life in obscurity. I love this about Him. His hidden life is beautiful and speaks the dignity of everyone. He did not come to be famous or powerful or to serve, rather He came to serve. He spoke of a kingdom again, not a kingdom of this world, but one of eternal life and universal, for all people. He spoke of freedom from the law and its accusations against us and the guilt and shame. He did not want to plaster His name on billboards or become an emperor. If there was such a thing in His time he probably wouldn't even have been on facebook. He invested in His disciples and become close friends with them. Not the most efficient or effective way to spread His message, but exactly what He was after - relationships. This is how true change happens; slow and steady. Not with fantastic speeches or fleeting fame, but through lasting friendships. He died for us, paying the penalty for our sin and was raised from the dead. He showed us that love can never be defeated by violence and hate. These relationships continued through prayer and the Sacraments, especially the Church He left for us.

These friends of Jesus passed on His words and deeds and in a short time they were written down for us. There is no more attested ancient work than the Bible. It is more trustworthy than any ancient work. But more importantly than that; more and more people came to know the friendship with Jesus Christ and devotion to Him spread. All the Apostles except one was martyred and as hard as the mighty powers of the day tired to stop it, this new way continued to grow and grow. Slowly, one friendship at a time. Eventually it could not be stopped and the most powerful empire on earth fell by the wayside to the faith in the risen carpenter crucified to set us free. Christianity slowly spread around the globe changing society and culture for the better as it went. Spreading a new understanding of man, politics, human rights and dignity, art, music, and science. The world has never been the same since. Along the way there was corruption, greed, lust, and the slow recognition and unfolding of the full meaning of the Gospel. At every turn there were saints, friends with God, raised up from the most unlikely of places to call the Church established by Christ back to the Gospel values and reform and renewal. He was no myth, no powerful force demanding obedience; He was a gentle, patient, and loving friend.

His message of compassion and love moved the hearts of young and old and people of every culture and language. It still spreads and grows today even as the largest religion on Earth. It continues to move people not by force or coercion, but by a simple message and the story of Jesus Christ, God who became man. Someone we could know, who knows us and love us. A friend.

That's a very good post FrGamble, TY.

I can find references to DNA from Neanderthals, etc.

Even King Tut supposedly had blue eyes and an R1... DNA-Y haplogroup.

Why is it that there is no tomb of a patriarch of Mary (of the tribe of Judah for example, but any ancestor for that matter) where we can acquire a DNA sample from?

In other words, calling descendants Hebrew (out of Heber) for example without having an associated DNA sample could have any genetics.

When Ireland (Atlantis) was invaded by the Milesians, a brother of Heremon was named Heber.

At the time, the Magi (ancient Irish) were sun-worshipers.

Yet, the Heber in the Holy Bible is after sun-worshipping (see Hebrides north of Ireland):

https://biblehub.com/topical/h/heber.htm
Page 27 of 27« First<24252627