Newtown, Conn

Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>
December 21st, 2012 at 3:53:36 PM permalink
DocZZZ
Threads: 0
Quote: AcesAndEights

My main point in posting this was not to be inflammatory, but to bring a global perspective into the conversation. It makes me sad when we only care about little white babes getting killed.

If i recall, and I'll let someone fact check me, around 8000 Africans die EVERY DAY from malaria, a disease which we have pills that can cure. If there is an infectious disease that kills a dozen Americans in a week, it is headline news.
Lunatic shootings like this kill far fewer than drunk drivers. I still can't believe that a breathalyzer isnt attached to every ignition.
December 21st, 2012 at 4:23:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DocZZZ
If i recall, and I'll let someone fact check me, around 8000 Africans die EVERY DAY from malaria, a disease which we have pills that can cure. If there is an infectious disease that kills a dozen Americans in a week, it is headline news.
Lunatic shootings like this kill far fewer than drunk drivers. I still can't believe that a breathalyzer isnt attached to every ignition.

Don't talk too fast as there is talk of making brethizer interlock mandatory.

Americans have a low tolerance for death. So few major threats the human mind needs to worry about something. As I said earlier.
The President is a fink.
December 29th, 2012 at 5:58:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: AZDuffman
Suppose they start pushing their victims out of windows. Would you then call to ban windows? Would you say with modern a/c people don't "need windows?" Then what next?

OK, It wasn't a window, but someone pushed someone in front of the subway. As I said, we will have tragedy in the USA, guns or no guns.
The President is a fink.
December 30th, 2012 at 10:52:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Old fart kills
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 1st, 2013 at 11:49:36 AM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
OK, It wasn't a window, but someone pushed someone in front of the subway. As I said, we will have tragedy in the USA, guns or no guns.
Wow, that crazy lady pushed twenty children in front of a subway train and six of their teachers?
January 1st, 2013 at 11:55:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: s2dbaker
Wow, that crazy lady pushed twenty children in front of a subway train and six of their teachers?

You must have read a different article, was not 20. But people were killed. Is there a reason you just posted a reply without reading the article?

Seriously, though, we have to ban subways. I mean, nobdy *needs* to use the subway, do they? Can't they just work and live in the same neighborhood? Or walk?
The President is a fink.
January 1st, 2013 at 1:31:57 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
You must have read a different article, was not 20. But people were killed. Is there a reason you just posted a reply without reading the article?

Seriously, though, we have to ban subways. I mean, nobdy *needs* to use the subway, do they? Can't they just work and live in the same neighborhood? Or walk?
Well in that context, I guess subways were designed to kill people and as such, they are protected by the second amendment to the United States constitution because of a well regulated militia or .. freedom or something. I guess we're stuck with the occasional subway murder or mass child execution by semi-automatic assault rifle.

See, they are the same thing.
January 1st, 2013 at 1:41:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: s2dbaker
Well in that context, I guess subways were designed to kill people and as such, they are protected by the second amendment to the United States constitution because of a well regulated militia or .. freedom or something. I guess we're stuck with the occasional subway murder or mass child execution by semi-automatic assault rifle.

See, they are the same thing.

Maybe. But we have laws regulating purchase of firearms, just anybody can walk into the subway. We really need to ban the subways.
The President is a fink.
January 1st, 2013 at 1:55:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Subways "pushes" aren't easy for mass killings. Especially if you want to kill someone other than subway riders.

Guns are easy to use. Really, cars are the best comparison. But the removal of cars would impact society massively. Or at least , guns by comparison would be trivial compared to restricting or removing car usage.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 1st, 2013 at 2:02:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Once everyone has semis, criminals carry full autos? What's the next argument except constant escalation.
Page 13 of 14« First<1011121314>