4 votes (36.36%)

11 members have voted

May 22nd, 2018 at 4:49:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
???????
Come on
Conservatives play this game all the time
They don't like a conservative, they name them a RINO and claim they are not real conservatives
What I am doing is no different then what conservatives do all the time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:26:12 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I can't prove it, but I believe YOU are the outlier in the BLM movement, not in its mainstream. I think it was AZ that said something like ... I agree with the principles of BLM but too many of its members are anti cop racists themselves, supporting any Black man regardless of the facts (Michael Brown). Take this as a compliment... You are an outlier on many things....
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:30:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Yet more deflection! Of course, conservatives are not saying "I *AM* THE GOP!" We say we are conservative, there are RINOs we do not like. When you said, "I *AM* BLM" it means you do not get to pick and choose "fake BLM." You came out and supported them like a 1% MC member supports their club. Their racism is your racism when you make such a pledge. Their violence is your violence when you make such a pledge.

Perhaps you thought it was a way to yank the crank of some of us here on the board. That's fine. But realize what it means.
The President is a fink.
May 22nd, 2018 at 5:40:49 AM permalink
terapined
I believe Black Lives matter
Why should I not believe it?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 22nd, 2018 at 10:01:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
I believe Black Lives matter
Why should I not believe it?

You are being intellectually dishonest. No one here doubts that you believe black lives matter. We are discussing the movement, or group, titled Black Lives Matter. AZ and I believe the movement is based on a fraud, that Michael Brown was shot because he was Black, and not because he was a thug attacking a police officer after he had just committed a different crime. And that many, if not most, of the supporters of BLM are against the rule of law, and wish harm upon our police officers.
I know you, Ed. I know you wish no harm upon anyone. I know you stand for equal rights for all. But you have aligned yourself with a group that does not follow those same tenets that you do. You lower yourself by associating your good name with BLM.

You should say.... "I believe black lives matter." Not "I believe in Black Lives Matter".

I hope you can see the difference.....
May 22nd, 2018 at 10:27:53 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: SOOPOO
You are being intellectually dishonest. No one here doubts that you believe black lives matter. We are discussing the movement, or group, titled Black Lives Matter. AZ and I believe the movement is based on a fraud, that Michael Brown was shot because he was Black, and not because he was a thug attacking a police officer after he had just committed a different crime. And that many, if not most, of the supporters of BLM are against the rule of law, and wish harm upon our police officers.
I know you, Ed. I know you wish no harm upon anyone. I know you stand for equal rights for all. But you have aligned yourself with a group that does not follow those same tenets that you do. You lower yourself by associating your good name with BLM.

You should say.... "I believe black lives matter." Not "I believe in Black Lives Matter".

I hope you can see the difference.....

The movement is not based on Michael Brown
The movement is based on the history of racist police officers in this country
The majority of BLM is peaceful. 99.9% protests have no violence

I talk to my Black friends. All are peaceful. All believe in BLM
They have children and are afraid what will happen if they encounter a racist cop
This is why they believe in BLM, Not due to Michael Brown, its their kids that they are concerned about
Do you have any Black friends?

Sterling Brown of the Bucks was arrested and tased
Why
Nobody knows.
Arrested and tazed because He's Black?
Those that viewed the video cant figure out why he was arrested and tazed
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2018/05/21/milwaukee-police-release-arrest-video-nba-player-sterling-brown/628128002/
May 22nd, 2018 at 1:21:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
The Philadelphia Super Bowl Riots Expose a Racist Double Standard
Why do white guys get a free pass for looting and mayhem?

Quote:
“Revelers reportedly ripped down light posts, caused entire structures to collapse and damaged vehicles and store buildings as they celebrated the Eagles' 41-33 victory. But officials appeared slow to condemn the destruction caused by rioters, offering seemingly gentle requests for everyone to ‘go home.’”

This response contrasts sharply with the way cities like Baltimore handled recent protests like the ones following the death of Freddie Gray in 2015. Riots following major sports events are generally reported with humor and exasperation, while those triggered by police shootings are used as an excuse to pathologize the Black Lives Matter movement and the black community.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/philadelphia-super-bowl-riots-expose-racist-double-standard
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:16:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
The movement is not based on Michael Brown
Do you have any Black friends?

We can disagree on what the movement is based upon. It should be based upon the many injustices you cite, but many times they bring up legitimate police actions against bad characters. Michael Brown is just the easiest and most well known example of such.

I have many Black friends and colleagues. I play basketball with a group of guys that are majority African-American. To my knowledge they are all good guys on the right side of the law, with the same goals and dreams you and I have. After a game while we are sitting around, when I was the only white guy left, I asked them about their personal interactions with cops. One guy, an educated man with young kids, said in the Black community you had to have 'the talk' with your kids. As opposed to 'the talk' being about sex, he said it is about how to respond to a police officer. The advice he gave of course made total sense, but the fact that he needed to have that 'talk' was because he was Black, and that there is a difference how the police will assess you because you are Black. So that is the part of BLM I stand arm in arm with you.

By the way, when playing ball I do sometimes use the word "Black" instead of African-American, as when I was young it was the non offensive descriptive term. One kid we play with jokes that he IS African, not African-American.

So, Ed, we can agree that there are many injustices heaped upon innocent African-Americans in this country, and that the movement BLM has brought many of them to light. What we can disagree on is its origin, and in my opinion the perversion that many if not most of its members have turned it into.
May 23rd, 2018 at 5:36:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
One guy, an educated man with young kids, said in the Black community you had to have 'the talk' with your kids. As opposed to 'the talk' being about sex, he said it is about how to respond to a police officer. The advice he gave of course made total sense, but the fact that he needed to have that 'talk' was because he was Black, and that there is a difference how the police will assess you because you are Black. So that is the part of BLM I stand arm in arm with you.

I guess I am Black and did not know it, as I was brought up to treat a cop with respect. I was taught that when you are young, the cops will treat you different. Most of my friends were raised the same way. It is common sense. A first step is Blacks need to stop thinking they are always targets.

Quote:
By the way, when playing ball I do sometimes use the word "Black" instead of African-American, as when I was young it was the non offensive descriptive term. One kid we play with jokes that he IS African, not African-American.

We had a Black girl on the crew for a few months. The de-facto team lead was having some kind of discussion and asked "where are you from?" She says, "Africa." He replies, "I know that, but where did you grow up?"

"Africa." (I forget the country, something on the western coast.)

She didn't get offended as no offense was intended. But you talk about a guy with a look on his face that he wanted to dig a hole and hide in it, oh, my!
The President is a fink.
May 23rd, 2018 at 7:57:33 AM permalink
terapined
Police handcuff black motorist due to some vegetation stuck in a window seal
WTF
Handcuffed over vegetation
Obviously racist cops

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/us/police-kansas-detain-man-vegetation-trnd/index.html
Page 22 of 23« First<1920212223>