Nancy Reagan -- RIP

Page 1 of 51234>Last »
March 6th, 2016 at 10:00:39 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Just read that Nancy Reagan died this morning.

Her importance in Reagan's presidency would be difficult to overstate. At 94, she lived a good and full life. A tighter marriage than that of Ron and Nancy I cannot think of.

If there is any upside to this, I'm happy she is spared of what remains of the Republican primaries.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 6th, 2016 at 10:10:38 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Wizard

Her importance in Reagan's presidency would be difficult to overstate. At 94, she lived a good and full life. A tighter marriage than that of Ron and Nancy I cannot think of.

If there is any upside to this, I'm happy she is spared of what remains of the Republican primaries.
I will give her a RIP Nancy, cuz that's the kind of guy I am.

I do hope she had an epiphany about how many people went to prison for tiny amounts of weed because of her "just say no" stance on MJ.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 6th, 2016 at 10:37:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

I do hope she had an epiphany about how many people went to prison for tiny amounts of weed because of her "just say no" stance on MJ.

She was the face of "Just Say No" but the laws happened because the nation was tired of the problems drugs were causing.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2016 at 11:41:07 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: petroglyph

I don't like that any more than you do, but how did Nancy have any say on prison sentences for anything?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 6th, 2016 at 12:09:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
For some reason I thought she died awhile
ago. I must be thinking of Betty Ford.

Reagans first wife, Jane Wyman, was pretty
hot when he married her in 1940.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 6th, 2016 at 1:04:19 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6

That was well said. Nancy Reagan was, from what I could see, our actual 40th President ("mommy" he called her) - maybe 40 1/2, as she was active throughout, but the second term she, Baker, Rumsfeld were pretty much running the entire White House.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 6th, 2016 at 1:20:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
That was well said. Nancy Reagan was, from what I could see, our actual 40th President ("mommy" he called her) - maybe 40 1/2, as she was active throughout, but the second term she, Baker, Rumsfeld were pretty much running the entire White House.

Nonsense. Reagan was one of the sharpest POTUS of our time.
The President is a fink.
March 6th, 2016 at 1:42:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
I don't like that any more than you do, but how did Nancy have any say on prison sentences for anything?
She isn't "guilty" per se of the length of prison sentences. She was the face however that an ignorant public, who were led to believe that weed was as dangerous as heroin. The public followed and repeated her mantra because of who she was.

So instead of informing the public of the truth about the dangers of narcotics, they put forth the DARE program and movies such as "Reefer Madness". The gov., as far as a believable authority lost all credibility. The propaganda continues as we know.

I just said, I hope she had an epiphany about the harm the lies have done, and her part in it.

I think any first lady is not completely in the dark about the opinions and policy's of their husbands [the presidents]. There is definitely pillow talk, and it is a shame that America would even consider past first lady's as presidential candidates. Eleanor Roosevelt is said to have run the presidency, behind the curtain so to speak. Nancy was fully aware of Iran/Contra and the CIA flying in tons of Cocaine to the US, all the while repeating the mantra of just say no.

It was during Reagan's term that I lost my 4th amendment right from illegal search, through piss testing on demand, at the work site. It was never about drugs, it was/is always about control.

The US was using Afghan heroin as a political tool in "Wilson's war during the Reagan years to destabilize Russia/Chechnya, and Iran. That is why we were there, defending the opium .

So, that is what was going on behind the curtain while convincing the public that cannabis was a "gateway drug", and a three martini lunch was ok.

disclaimer; I voted for Reagan at least once, even though his [anti-labor] policy cost me a very large sum.

https://usahitman.com/ccahce/ 1981 US cia helps Pakistan capture 60% of US heroin market after drought in SE Asia.
March 6th, 2016 at 2:00:22 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Nonsense. Reagan was one of the sharpest POTUS of our time.

Not nonsense. The 2nd term he was a Muppet.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 6th, 2016 at 2:12:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
She was the face of "Just Say No" but the laws happened because the nation was tired of the problems drugs were causing.
The laws are only there to keep the price up. The US government has been directly responsible for the flow of heroin since 1965. emphasis mine

Since we invaded Afghanistan in '01, heroin production has increased four thousand percent.

I know you don't have time or inclination but this article does a good job of explaining the heroin trade. Heroin overdose deaths have now increased to 16500 per year. Between now and 2026, more Americans will die from heroin overdose, than died in Viet Nam 1965-1975. Heroin was wiped out under the Taliban, and now has become a 2.5 billion dollar per year industry for Afghanistan. [this guy did a great job on this article]

http://www.globalresearch.ca/heroin-dealer-in-chief-afghanistan-source-of-90-of-the-worlds-heroin/5502813

90% of the worlds heroin comes [value added] from Afghanistan during ours and Nato's occupation. I don't believe we are in the "War on Drugs" for any other reason than to keep the price up and control the flow.

Also: https://usahitman.com/ccahce/
Page 1 of 51234>Last »