ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
Quote: Nareed
Zero.

Trump's campaign has no money.

That looks like typical Trump self-financing. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out his campaign has been paying him a salary as well as his expenses.

Trump's "self-financing" is actually him loaning his campaign money.

There's actually an open question as to whether Trump will make his campaign repay him for those loans.

In that case, Trump ISN'T self-financing. His campaign would be footing the bill for everything. But as it stands, the campaign doesn't have nearly enough money to repay those loans.

Campaigns borrow money all the time. No news here.

I agree they borrow money all the time.

Except usually the candidate doesn't claim to be self funding.

Oh well, it's not like the campaign has enough money to pay him back even if he wanted it to...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 21st, 2016 at 9:43:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Oh well, it's not like the campaign has enough money to pay him back even if he wanted it to...

I wouldn't put it past Trump to sue his own campaign, win or lose, to recover money from it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 21st, 2016 at 11:38:52 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Zero.

That looks like typical Trump self-financing. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out his campaign has been paying him a salary as well as his expenses.

There's actually an open question as to whether Trump will make his campaign repay him for those loans.

In that case, Trump ISN'T self-financing. His campaign would be footing the bill for everything. But as it stands, the campaign doesn't have nearly enough money to repay those loans.

Who really cares. When he is pouts it will all be fixed.
The President is a fink.
June 21st, 2016 at 11:45:45 AM permalink
ams288
Zero.

Who really cares. When he is pouts it will all be fixed.

Thanks for the laugh.
June 21st, 2016 at 11:50:42 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
He's out of money, yet still in contention against she with the biggest money. Seems more a pro-Trump comment than a snipe against him from where I'm sitting.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 21st, 2016 at 11:56:44 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Face
He's out of money, yet still in contention against she with the biggest money. Seems more a pro-Trump comment than a snipe against him from where I'm sitting.

Is he still in contention, though?

In our two party system, the republican candidate will always have some minimum level of support. Trump seems determined to figure out what that minimum is...
June 21st, 2016 at 1:06:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
He's out of money, yet still in contention against she with the biggest money.

He's still running, not necessarily still in contention.

Imagine it's the beginning of the third quarter and Hillary is up by 32 points, while Trump has the ball in his own 2-yard line. He might win, sure, but it's not likely.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 21st, 2016 at 1:29:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Wasn't Sheldon Adelson suppose to give him 100 million or so?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2016 at 1:32:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Is he still in contention, though?

In our two party system, the republican candidate will always have some minimum level of support. Trump seems determined to figure out what that minimum is...

Bill Clinton showed the minimum democrat support in 1992.

I love how liberals are goo goo over a candidate with "property of Goldman Sachs" tattooed on her ass but are supposedly against "corporate greed."
The President is a fink.
June 21st, 2016 at 1:36:02 PM permalink
ams288
I love how liberals are goo goo over a candidate with "property of Goldman Sachs" tattooed on her ass but are supposedly against "corporate greed."

Some liberals care about that. I don't.

I want the candidate who can win. If it takes $1.5 billion raised from Wall St., corporations, etc., so be it.

Lots of liberals hate Citizens United. I don't really have a problem with it. Obama's Super Pac was successful at damaging Mitt Romney. Hillary's will be successful at damaging Donald Trump.

You gotta use the tools that are available to you if you want to win...