Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

June 14th, 2016 at 4:36:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
How is that different from vote intentions in this case? Presumably since the betting is taking place outside the US, and is open to people who can't vote in the election.

Regardless, what's a good price for Clinton?

It's different because the BetFair price is determined by actual bets. Money talks pretty loudly.

As I was just saying on WoV, the BetFair price on Hilary, against the field, is betting $1 to get back $1.37 if she wins (including the return of the original bet), or -270 in the American odds. If you can get better odds than that, I would consider it a "good price."
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 14th, 2016 at 4:50:44 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
It's different because the BetFair price is determined by actual bets. Money talks pretty loudly.

I wonder what the track record is. also, whether elections have memories :)

Quote:
As I was just saying on WoV, the BetFair price on Hilary, against the field, is betting $1 to get back $1.37 if she wins (including the return of the original bet), or -270 in the American odds. If you can get better odds than that, I would consider it a "good price."

Thanks! I may buy some Clinton later on (said every lobbyist from 1992 to 2000<w>).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 14th, 2016 at 5:10:18 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: ams288
Trump & Hillary are tied at 35%, Gary Johnson gets 13%

Wow. Every Republican presidential nominee since 1964 has won the state of Utah. The GOP primary voters had 17 candidates to choose from so they picked a guy so unpopular, he could conceivably lose Utah to Hillary Clinton.

And Gary Johnson's liberal views on marijuana aren't merely theoretical. He put his money where his mouth was: up until January his company was literally selling marijuana edibles in Colorado & Washington State. Now he's polling in the double digits in Utah?
June 14th, 2016 at 8:25:54 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I must admit I never heard of Gary Johnson until this thread. From his campaign web site:

Quote:
An avid skier, adventurer, and bicyclist, he has scaled the highest peak on each of the seven continents, including Mt. Everest.

He certainly gets a lot of points from me for that.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 14th, 2016 at 11:19:56 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
New Bloomberg poll: Clinton 49%, Trump 37%

Can you imagine if the results were flipped? EB would be doing backflips of joy. Polls would matter to him then. ;)

In the end, they are just news noise right now. Just a way of creating story inches. In a few weeks, they will be very interesting, once the conventions are done, vice-presidents announced and the feel of each candidates policies has been tested out.

Right now it's gut feels and traditional voters.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 15th, 2016 at 11:58:12 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Liberals are in a no-win situation.

Can't blame the muslim or you are blaming muslims.

Can't blame the gays for "offending" the muslim because then you are blaming gays!

Of course they will blame the gun!

CBS poll gauging the response to Orlando:

Hillary: 36% Approve, 34% Disapprove (+2)
Obama: 44% Approve, 34% Disapprove (+10)
Trump: 25% Approve, 51% Disapprove (-26) !!!

Seems like Republicans are in the no-win situation to me.

They've got the hard line candidate who is supposed to be the one who can handle terrorism. And yet everybody hates how he handles terrorism.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2016 at 12:23:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
CBS poll gauging the response to Orlando:

Hillary: 36% Approve, 34% Disapprove (+2)
Obama: 44% Approve, 34% Disapprove (+10)
Trump: 25% Approve, 51% Disapprove (-26) !!!

Seems like Republicans are in the no-win situation to me.

They've got the hard line candidate who is supposed to be the one who can handle terrorism. And yet everybody hates how he handles terrorism.

Trump doesn't understand that when Americans are attacked
Americans generally want to see the opposing party as the loyal opposition
Trump is simply the opposition with all his attacks on everybody.
Really bad politics. Remember Falwell and Robertson blaming American policies regarding acceptance of gays for 9/11
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2016 at 7:10:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
How James Taggart, I mean Donald Trump, looted his own company and ruined several people:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/nyregion/donald-trump-atlantic-city.html?_r=0&referer
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 16th, 2016 at 3:13:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
LGBT Community Explodes with Positive Social Media Support for Donald Trump

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-community-explodes-with-positive-social-media-support-for-donald-trump
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 16th, 2016 at 3:52:33 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
LGBT Community Explodes with Positive Social Media Support for Donald Trump

http://www.examiner.com/article/lgbt-community-explodes-with-positive-social-media-support-for-donald-trump

LOL
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman