Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

September 22nd, 2016 at 8:37:26 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: kenarman
He hates America a little less than you hate Trump.

I don't hate Trump at all.

Oh, he's shallow, stupid, racist, misogynist, a con-man, a liar and cheater, too in love with his overblown ego, and generally despicable and unlikable. But I don't hate him. I hate the ideas and policies he wants to implement. If he dropped out of the race, I would not care less what he does. Unfortunately he's trying to push the world into a little dark age, and I'm against that.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 22nd, 2016 at 3:18:34 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote:
Many of whom are engaged in productive work and a vast portion of whom pay direct income taxes, and all of them pay indirect taxes (sales taxes, property taxes, etc.) This would mean burning good money after bad, for a net loss on government revenue.

And this is the part I still don't get... how you can have people in the country illegally, but still paying taxes.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 22nd, 2016 at 4:06:32 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
And this is the part I still don't get... how you can have people in the country illegally, but still paying taxes.

I think the IRS doesn't talk much to law enforcement.

But then, too, if an undocumented immigrant buys something at a store, they don't get a discount on the sales tax by saying "Illegal immigrant. I don't pay taxes."
September 22nd, 2016 at 5:17:15 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
I think the IRS doesn't talk much to law enforcement.

But then, too, if an undocumented immigrant buys something at a store, they don't get a discount on the sales tax by saying "Illegal immigrant. I don't pay taxes."

Well, duh, yes on indirect taxation. I'm talking direct taxation on income....
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 22nd, 2016 at 5:50:59 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: TheCesspit
Well, duh, yes on indirect taxation. I'm talking direct taxation on income....

As I said, the IRS doesn't talk much to law enforcement, or to ICE. And I don't think they're too particular about whom they take money from.
September 22nd, 2016 at 7:49:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
–Hillary Shouts at Camera: ‘Why Aren’t I 50 Pts Ahead’?

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 22nd, 2016 at 8:12:02 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Evenbob

That was a weird deal. All you Hillarists needn't get upset; I am not saying she is deathly ill or anything of the sort. This was just a really bad look for her.
September 23rd, 2016 at 12:32:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
Quote: Evenbob

That was a weird deal. All you Hillarists needn't get upset; I am not saying she is deathly ill or anything of the sort. This was just a really bad look for her.

You can almost see the horns growing
out of her head. This is a truly awful
person, presidency or not. She's vile
on every level, lies and deceit are her
forte. I've despised her for 25 years.
Poor Bill..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 23rd, 2016 at 10:35:04 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: reno
If you were Walker's campaign manager, what strategy would you use to beat Trump? (Personally, I'd appeal to the devout Christians in the GOP to consider Trump's parade of hot young trophy wives. Trump is a regular on Howard Stern's show, there's got to be plenty of vulgar, dirty audio soundbytes they can dig up.)

I wrote that on July 17, 2015.

The Clinton campaign has a produced a new advertisement that I think is extremely effective. If you haven't seen it, the ad shows a variety of young girls & women looking at themselves in the mirror with Donald Trump's voice in the background saying sexist, chauvinistic comments to Howard Stern. The ad is airing in Ohio, New Hampshire, Iowa, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania.

With so much material to work with, it boggles my mind that Rubio, Kasich, Jeb!, Christie, Walker, Cruz, Fiorina, Carson, etc. never aired a similar ad. Using these offensive quotes is obvious, easy, low-hanging fruit for a political campaign. The GOP primary candidates inexplicably passed on a once-in-a-lifetime political gift: an opponent with a vulgar vocabulary who appeared on The Howard Stern Show 25 times!

Occasionally negative ads backfire, but for this particular one I see no downside for Hillary.
September 25th, 2016 at 1:36:10 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Probably just meant the birth rate hitting the 2.1 per woman. But remember, if they keep leaving for the USA then they may reach it sooner. Of course, the sooner they reach it the sooner they stop leaving. Point I was trying to make is that population-pressure will soon end for them, or at least not be a huge issue.

Total Fertility Rate Per Woman in Mexico
1980 4.57
1990 3.33
2000 2.69
2016 2.25

2020 2.19
2030 2.03
2040 1.86
2050 1.70
Source Historical Information: Mexico
Source Projections: US Census Bureau International Data Base (UCB-IDB)

UCB-IDB project total fertility rate to remain unchanged in USA at 1.86 - 1.87

I mentioned to a Frenchmen in Mexico that the TFR in Mexico was very close to replacement level. It's a fact that very few people are aware of, as 36 years ago TFR was about 4.5 and people's perceptions are slow to change.

He remarked that Algeria still has high fertility rates, and while Mexico has a Democracy, Abdelaziz Bouteflika (79 years old) has been President of Algeria since 27 April 1999. and he had no term limits.

Total Fertility Rate Per Woman in Algeria
2016 2.74
2020 2.59
2030 2.19

The president of Algeria made one public speech in April 2014 re-election campaign which was "slurred and inaudible", but he was re-elected with 82% of the vote. The massive victory is some combination of corrupt election practices and a genuine desire for domestic stability after the bloody civil war of the 1990s.

Of course Mexico knows all about an 80 year President who refuses to step down after winning multiple terms.

But this Frenchman remarked between Mexico having increased democratic power combined with the dropping fertility rate, the massive push for immigration will soon cease In contrast France be a magnet to it's former colonies for decades because of high fertility rates and unstable governments.