Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

September 27th, 2016 at 9:22:43 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I watched the whole thing. It's amazing to think how it could've played out under different circumstances. Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Christie, Jeb!, Walker, Fiorina? They would've spent 4 days holed up in a small room, practicing, practicing, practicing. They would have seriously prepared. Trump thought he could wing it, he didn't do his homework. He had several missed opportunities to nail her.
September 27th, 2016 at 9:25:52 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
As for Hillary, the stroke and brain cancer and dementia and Parkinson's have really taken they're toll. It was impossible to understand anything she said with the slurred speech and all the fainting. When they wheeled her out in a hospital bed with the oxygen tanks, I really felt bad for her.

I hate to say it: but after last night, Evenbob has been vindicated.
September 27th, 2016 at 9:31:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
As usual no one on this board looks at anything objectively and their own bias overcomes all facts.

81.5 to 18.5 Is that even in the ballpark of reality of the debate last night? Okay, I know some people will say yes, but I have little use for those people.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 27th, 2016 at 10:15:38 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
81.5 to 18.5 Is that even in the ballpark of reality of the debate last night? Okay, I know some people will say yes, but I have little use for those people.

I would be quite skeptical of that poll as well. The results that I posted were in response to terapined posts that cherry picked the polls in favour of Clinton. Something he gets after EB for all the time.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 27th, 2016 at 10:33:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I am sure it was just as effective as most of the people that watched.

It's like this:

If Trump is asked about immigration and says "we gotta deport all them rapists and drug dealers and build a wall to keep them out," his supporters will think that's a great answer and a major score, while Clinton's supporters would say he's hanging himself on stage with his own belt.

What do you think?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 27th, 2016 at 10:41:56 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Nareed
It's like this:

If Trump is asked about immigration and says "we gotta deport all them rapists and drug dealers and build a wall to keep them out," his supporters will think that's a great answer and a major score, while Clinton's supporters would say he's hanging himself on stage with his own belt.

What do you think?

I totally agree with you. No one lets any facts get in the way from any side on any issue. Critical thinking skills have been scrubbed from most of humanity.
September 27th, 2016 at 11:22:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I totally agree with you. No one lets any facts get in the way from any side on any issue. Critical thinking skills have been scrubbed from most of humanity.

Ok, but how do you rate trump's position on immigration?

I think he's xenophobic, racist and his policies will do terrible harm to the country, not to mention the country's image abroad.

Now, from this you may conclude I'm crazy for Clinton. I'm not. I think she'll be lucky to be a mediocre president. But I'm plain not crazy either. Trump will be lucky to be a terrible president, rather than a dreadful one. I'd say vote for Johnson instead, but his chances of winning are just a little bit better than zero.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 27th, 2016 at 12:32:55 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: Nareed
Ok, but how do you rate trump's position on immigration?

I believe that we probably can solve problems better if we can at least talk about them. In todays PC world we aren't even allowed to voice concerns about many things. How can we solve them if we can't talk or even voice our concerns without the name calling. Many people now live life as if they were on this forum, I don't like your ideas so I will just block you. This will never allow the discussion that it takes to actually solve problems.

I think that there are two very different immigration issues. Mexico is a unique situation and with the integrated economies and work forces any changes for Mexico will look much different than policies for immigrant groups that might contain a few that are a danger to American society.

I don't believe that half of the bombast thrown out by Trump would ever be implemented. Some I don't think he actually wants to do and some would never get past the supreme court. Since when do all campaign promises get acted on by any party, reality starts getting in the way.
September 27th, 2016 at 12:39:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Majority of Snap Polls Show Trump Won Debate By a Landslide

19 snap pools, Trump wins in 17 of them.
Just like in the primary debates, Trump
did just average in all of them, but won
just about every poll. And the nomination.
It's not about what they say, it's how they're
perceived. Trump comes across as a no
nonsense alpha male leader and that's what
people see. Clinton is a smug smirking
elitist, and that's how she's perceived.
What people see with their eyes is what they
vote for.

Nixon won the Kennedy debate hands down
with people who listened to it on the radio.
For people who saw it on TV, Kennedy won
by a landslide. That's what none of you get,
it's why Trump can almost say what he wants
and get away with it. Hillary cannot project
a masculine alpha personality no matter how
hard she tries. Trump oozes it.

NYT headline: "Donald Trump won the debate … according to useless website polls that mean nothing!"

Exactly what they said after every primary
debate. In regular scientific polls, Trump lost
every single primary debate, and won all
the snap polls. Again, who won the nomination,
the guys who won the regular polls? Nope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809204/Most-snap-polls-Trump-winning-debate-landslide.html#ixzz4LUCrirzj
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 27th, 2016 at 1:14:02 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
You know EB is spinning hard when he has to write three paragraphs to try to get his point across.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman