The Bible God or Kali

August 3rd, 2016 at 7:32:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You are on a roll today Bob! With all the proof of supernatural evil .

The Amazing Randi had a million dollar
prize for anybody who could prove the
supernatural existed. He still has the
money. Odd that there's so much 'proof'
and nobody claimed the prize. All of
the supernatural lies in your head, between
your ears. Where your god lives..

Perhaps you could share some of your
proof here, you say there's so much of
it. Go ahead, give it a try.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2016 at 8:39:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I'm a fan of the Amazing Randi and his million dollar prize was for proof of real magic and physic powers. In regards to the supernatural existence of evil you need only look at the reality of exorcisms.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 3rd, 2016 at 9:23:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
I'm a fan of the Amazing Randi and his million dollar prize was for proof of real magic and physic powers.

Wrong again.

"The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge was an offer by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who can demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria."

Quote:
In regards to the supernatural existence of evil you need only look at the reality of exorcisms.

Exorcisms are very real, demonic possession
is not. I don't care how many you think you've
seen or how real they looked. There's never
been a 'real' one, so you only have other
fakes to compare it to.

'What was once thought of as "demon possession" is now generally thought of as either a mental or extreme physical illness (or a combination).. there is zero scientific/medical proof of demonic possession. Demonic possessions are eitheer cases of physical illness or in some rare cases staged. There are many reasons for staging a demonic possession, significant ones include fanaticism and invoking fear of god.'
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2016 at 6:17:30 AM permalink
FrGamble
How is demonic possession a mental or extreme physical illness. What illness causes people to speak in foreign languages they don't know in different voices, or gives them knowledge they have no earthly way of knowing? What illness makes words or demonic symbols appear under the skin of a person? What illness gives someone extraordinary strength or the ability to contort themselves in unnatural ways? What mental or physical illness is cured by the prayers of a priest?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 4th, 2016 at 6:25:30 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
How is demonic possession a mental or extreme physical illness. What illness causes people to speak in foreign languages they don't know in different voices, or gives them knowledge they have no earthly way of knowing? What illness makes words or demonic symbols appear under the skin of a person? What illness gives someone extraordinary strength or the ability to contort themselves in unnatural ways? What mental or physical illness is cured by the prayers of a priest?

You know, if this were real and well-documented, including the "cures," and open to inspection by scholars and the public, you'd have very strong proof that some type of god exists.

In other words, it's clear you've got nothing but more groundless belief.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 4th, 2016 at 10:32:40 AM permalink
Nareed
In regards to the supernatural existence of evil you need only look at the reality of exorcisms.

And in regards to the supernatural influence the stars hold over your life, you need only look at the reality of horoscopes.
August 4th, 2016 at 11:45:22 AM permalink
Evenbob

There must be tons of scientific documentation
for this, if true. Where is it? As Nareed said, this
would be definitive proof of god and the
supernatural. So provide links to the peer reviewed
studies to back up your claims.

Or is all you have just the same old trickery to fool
the gullible public. I think I know the answer.
August 4th, 2016 at 2:01:29 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
There must be tons of scientific documentation
for this, if true. Where is it? As Nareed said, this
would be definitive proof of god and the
supernatural. So provide links to the peer reviewed
studies to back up your claims.

There are many books and documented studies concerning cases of exorcism. In these cases of which their are thousands surely you will finally find some evidence for the existence of God. My guess is though that you will deny it, debunk it, or say it is not really evidence.
August 4th, 2016 at 2:11:40 PM permalink
Nareed
There are many books and documented studies concerning cases of exorcism.

I dare say the sum total f the millions of horoscopes cast would fail to sway me.

But I defy you to bring up even one such case that has been exhaustively investigated, which rigorously rules out all possible explanations, and shows definite signs of contravention of known natural laws. Just one.
August 4th, 2016 at 2:20:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
I dare say the sum total f the millions of horoscopes cast would fail to sway me.

But I defy you to bring up even one such case that has been exhaustively investigated, which rigorously rules out all possible explanations, and shows definite signs of contravention of known natural laws. Just one.

Here is an article that mentions six you can explore: 6 most shocking cases of demonic possession

This site just gives a very brief synopsis but all of them involved psychiatrists, doctors, and other witnesses.