World Youth Day in Poland

August 6th, 2016 at 12:47:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If my friend sits beside my bed with a bottle of medicine in his pocket which could cure me, but chooses to suffer with me, how should I think of him?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 6th, 2016 at 2:22:16 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
This is a God who is still omnipotent and all that jazz, but does not want to be worshiped, but truly loved.

What does he think he ought to be loved for?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 6th, 2016 at 3:30:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Nareed
What does he think he ought to be loved for?

God is the most unlovable concept ever
thought up. To be loved, you must be
lovable. My dog is lovable, my grandkids
are lovable, even my country is lovable
sometimes. The god that's portrayed in
the Bible is never lovable in any way. He
has no sense of humor, is a tyrant and
a bully, and scares children with his talk
of eternal hell. Using god and love in the
same sentence is a joke.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 7th, 2016 at 12:46:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: rxwine
If my friend sits beside my bed with a bottle of medicine in his pocket which could cure me, but chooses to suffer with me, how should I think of him?

If you were only friends with this person because he had the bottle of medicine that could cure you, how should your friend think of you? If you had to choose between the bottle of medicine and your friend what would you choose?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 7th, 2016 at 12:49:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
If you had to choose between the bottle of medicine and your friend what would you choose?

In what context? Is he about to jump off
a cliff? Shoot himself in the head? As
written your question has no meaning.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 7th, 2016 at 12:51:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
God is love. God gives us life, an intellect, a will, and an eternal soul. God created the universe and this amazing world we live in. In the Bible Jesus shows a God who has come to serve and not be served, who eats with tax collectors and sinners. He forgives our sins and frees us from guilt or shame. He is compassionate and tender in His teachings about treating each other with respect and kindness. He draws people to Himself by His personality and challenge to the powers that be, whether religious or secular, that are only interested in themselves. He has a great sense of humor loves to party and enjoys life. Once again Bod you would do well to actually read the Bible.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 7th, 2016 at 1:02:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
If you were only friends with this person because he had the bottle of medicine that could cure you, how should your friend think of you?

Like your relationship with God.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 7th, 2016 at 1:12:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
God is love.

Quit saying that as the non answer to
every question. It's meaningless, it
has no context. I don't see a god loving
anything here. As I'm typing this a few
kids in Africa died of preventable causes.
Gods love at work? You don't have the
vaguest idea, all you have is catchy
phrases and sketchy hypotheses..
August 7th, 2016 at 1:13:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
Like your relationship with God.

Like the relationship many people want with God. They would like God to be a vending machine distributing whatever they want and leaving them alone when they don't need anything.
August 7th, 2016 at 1:18:31 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Quit saying that as the non answer to
every question. It's meaningless, it
has no context. I don't a god loving
anything here. As I'm typing this a few
kids in Africa died of preventable causes.
Gods love at work? You don't have the
vaguest idea, all you have is catchy
phrases and sketchy hypotheses..

So God is not loving because these poor children died in Africa? Talk about a non-answer and a non-sequiter all at once. Could not God love them in their illness and could they not feel their great worth and ultimate hope of Heaven? Maybe they were cared for by loving parents or religious sisters like those of Mother Teresa and they felt and knew they were loved.