World Youth Day in Poland

August 4th, 2016 at 1:46:29 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Nareed
You misunderstand the point. The esteemed representative of the church has fallen into the trap of equating "unique" with "good" in the moral sense. It's a subset of "popular" equaling "good" as well. But by arguing the points of uniqueness and popularity, you lend credence to his moral fallacy.

No I am equating unique with amazing and awesome. On a side note though it is very good for morale and hope to gather the young people of the world in such great numbers to celebrate the faith, the joy, and the love we have in and through Jesus Christ.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 4th, 2016 at 2:08:21 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
No I am equating unique with amazing and awesome.

What's amazing and awesome about a large echo chamber?

Quote:
On a side note though it is very good for morale and hope to gather the young people of the world in such great numbers to celebrate the faith, the joy, and the love we have in and through Jesus Christ.

I think it's sad so many people share such harmful delusions.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 4th, 2016 at 2:09:45 PM permalink
FrGamble

I think it's sad so many people share such harmful delusions.

I feel the same way about atheism.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 4th, 2016 at 2:12:44 PM permalink
Nareed
I feel the same way about atheism.

And so?
August 4th, 2016 at 2:23:52 PM permalink
FrGamble
We are always at war in Eurasia, or something like that.

The problem is though that atheism is not logical or true and Christianity is. The other problem is what Christianity teaches about the dignity and worth of the human person, morality, who mankind is, etc. is in some ways opposite of the logical conclusions that could be drawn out by atheism (again thank God very few really believe atheism to be true and live it out).
August 4th, 2016 at 2:29:23 PM permalink
Nareed
The problem is though that atheism is not logical or true and Christianity is.

This is the kind of humor that for some reason doesn't lose hilarity with repetition.

Quote:
The other problem is what Christianity teaches about the dignity and worth of the human person,

So fallen, flawed, in constant need of forgiveness, insignificant compared to Jehovah, etc. are terms you associate with dignity?

Have you any idea what the word "dignity" means?
August 4th, 2016 at 2:31:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

The problem is though that atheism is not logical or true and Christianity is. The other problem is what Christianity teaches about the dignity and worth of the human person, morality, who mankind is, etc. is in some ways opposite of the logical conclusions that could be drawn out by atheism (again thank God very few really believe atheism to be true and live it out).

In this case, I'm really glad to be at the edge of the bell curve.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 4th, 2016 at 3:01:37 PM permalink
FrGamble

So fallen, flawed, in constant need of forgiveness, insignificant compared to Jehovah, etc. are terms you associate with dignity?

Have you any idea what the word "dignity" means?

Yes, but you forgot the most important thing - loved! This is what gives us dignity the fact that we are loved.
August 4th, 2016 at 3:16:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This is what gives us dignity the fact that we are loved.

But nobody but a masochist wants
the kind of twisted love the Church's
god offers. Makes me shudder just
thinking about it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 4th, 2016 at 3:30:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
But nobody but a masochist wants
the kind of twisted love the Church's
god offers. Makes me shudder just
thinking about it.

Can you explain why you would say this?