Trump & Putin

January 12th, 2017 at 10:17:18 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Nareed
The problem for the GOP and the orange man is that it rings true. Had a similar report been released about, say, Bush the younger, or even Bill Clinton, people would have thought them capable of doing such things. But Mr. grab-them-by-the-pussy?

I can make up all sorts of stories that 'sound true' (Mrs Clinton had a few of them at her too), but aren't. You find the questionable part about them, and add about 45%.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 12th, 2017 at 11:58:20 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
At first sight, I thought that report was a hoax for sure. But the people behind it seem to have some credibility (but also aren't beyond lying for the right price). Let's assume everything in the report is true. Would it hurt Trump?

The way I see it, the only thing that could hurt him would be Congress republicans turning against him. His voters don't care about anything he does as long as he makes them feel good. Would Republicans ever impeach him? Would evidcence of Trump selling out American interests to Russia be unacceptable to them? Or is the "party before country" doctrine absolute?

It could be argued that a president Pence would be way worse for progressives than Trump. Trump doesn't give a shit about most progressive v conservative issues and will do whatever benefits him. But Pence would throw the country back 30 years and Congress would create legislation to keep the country there for years to come.
January 12th, 2017 at 12:05:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Canyonero
At first sight, I thought that report was a hoax for sure. But the people behind it seem to have some credibility (but also aren't beyond lying for the right price). Let's assume everything in the report is true. Would it hurt Trump?

The way I see it, the only thing that could hurt him would be Congress republicans turning against him. His voters don't care about anything he does as long as he makes them feel good. Would Republicans ever impeach him? Would evidcence of Trump selling out American interests to Russia be unacceptable to them? Or is the "party before country" doctrine absolute?

It could be argued that a president Pence would be way worse for progressives than Trump. Trump doesn't give a shit about most progressive v conservative issues and will do whatever benefits him. But Pence would throw the country back 30 years and Congress would create legislation to keep the country there for years to come.

Times were great 30 years ago.

Matters not as it is all as fake as pro wrestling. Pence can do his thing in 2025.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2017 at 12:06:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I am in the minority among the left I think. I will take almost any normal person over Trump, even an arch conservative. I think it's abominable this personality disorder will be in the Oval office.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2017 at 12:21:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I am in the minority among the left I think. I will take almost any normal person over Trump, even an arch conservative. I think it's abominable this personality disorder will be in the Oval office.

Yeah. Heaven forbid we have a self made alpha male in charge. We might actually get some results.
The President is a fink.
January 12th, 2017 at 12:27:29 PM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
January 12th, 2017 at 12:58:33 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

That one has been at least partially debunked, or at least argued as not exactly right.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 12th, 2017 at 1:06:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Here we go again.

"Forbes calculates that his current net worth is actually $3.7 billion."

Not 2.9 billion. And that doesn't include
what his brand is worth. McDonalds is
worth around 92 billion. But if you figure
in it's brand appeal, it's more like 120
billion. Figure in Trump's brand, he's worth
more like 5-7 billion.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 12th, 2017 at 8:54:24 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: ams288
There is a member on WoV who truly did say that the National Enquirer is the standard for truth in journalism.

He wasn't joking either.

Nor was I !
January 13th, 2017 at 8:11:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

I agree with you
I find Cruz scary but not as scary as somebody such as Trump who has to be the most thin skinned guy on the entire planet
Cruz would at least laugh or ignore a Hollywood insult as any adult politician would. Trump seethes which is scary.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"