GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

January 27th, 2017 at 2:10:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Broadcast Networks get on the Trump Train.

Well, not completely. But seems like Trump's discovery that high school educated blue collar whites exist in numbers previously ignored have the entertainment divisions back to the drawing board. Probably too late to much save network TV, but a nice thing to see.
The President is a fink.
January 27th, 2017 at 5:45:10 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: RonC
Welcome back. Enjoy what will likely be a very short stay, based on past performance.

You are very good at posting things pretending to be the spelling/grammar police and at writing some very bold, usually wrong, predictions. You are not as good at posting things that skirt that fine line between attacking the writing and not the person. Perhaps you should read more of EB's writings and learn how that works. More likely, you will write something within the next 48 hours that will get you sent to the sin bin again.

NO, I don't think EB is always right. I hate him for not sharing his roulette strategy with me. He is just better at not crossing the line than many of us.

Do you think I really give a poop whether or not I get to interact with all the Trumpers on this board? For what it's worth, EB gets a totally free pass on all his spew--he insulted terapined several times, and nothing was done; he has insulted me several times, including just now saying "it sucks to be you," and nothing was done; etc. etc. etc. I think the moderators keep him around because a) he aligns with their political views and/or b) he has entertainment value, like Archie Bunker or Peter Griffin of "Family Guy."

I'm actually much better at that nuance you refer to than EB, but the fact of the matter is that I just don't care. I don't differentiate much between what a person writes and what that person IS because there really isn't that much difference the vast majority of the time. When the Trumpers write hateful bigoted crap, I assume that they are hateful bigots. When they quote Breitbart lies, I assume they are also liars. You can, in fact, usually tell what's in the can by reading the label. So I consider criticizing these awful, horrid people's writings to be pretty much the same thing as criticizing those people themselves, and in fact, to try to pretend that I'm NOT doing that (and couching my language accordingly) would be hypocritical.

And by the way, Ron, I don't think you're a Trumper. That is a terrible thing to say about anybody and shouldn't be said unless it's true, so I apologize for saying it. It would be better to call someone a serial child rapist than to call them a Trumper. At least there's an understandable pathology behind pedophilia, but Trumpism? Not so much.
January 27th, 2017 at 5:52:36 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: stinkingliberal
... he has insulted me several times, including just now saying "it sucks to be you," and nothing was done;

Can you give me the URL of that post? I would say that is on par with things you've written since your return.

Quote:
I think the moderators keep him around because a) he aligns with their political views and/or

I assure you that isn't the case. I'm sure we agree about some things but more often we disagree. My opinions tend to be all over the spectrum but if you averaged everything I think I'm a little left of center.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 27th, 2017 at 6:08:49 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Wizard
Can you give me the URL of that post? I would say that is on par with things you've written since your return.

I assure you that isn't the case. I'm sure we agree about some things but more often we disagree. My opinions tend to be all over the spectrum but if you averaged everything I think I'm a little left of center.

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/1955/37/

Well, that's why I said "and/or." I assume there is more than one moderator--is pacomartin a moderator? I agree, you manifest as slightly to the left, if anything. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. My apologies.

I am a little puzzled re how EB gets away with things like his recent attacks on terapined and racist insults about another poster last month--about which both targets complained several times--but the person running the show gets to make the rules. In a similar vein, you gave me a mild warning about a post that was innocuous just now, yet let some pretty nasty Bob-spew go--so I can't help but feel there's a wee lack of objectivity here. But I don't want to rock your boat, so I accept that I'm on a very short leash--as short as the Orange Orangutan's temper--while EB is on a verrrrrrry long one, as long as the distance between Trumpers and common decency. Who ever said the world was fair anyway, they told Hillary :)
January 27th, 2017 at 6:12:22 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: AZDuffman
Broadcast Networks get on the Trump Train.

Well, not completely. But seems like Trump's discovery that high school educated blue collar whites exist in numbers previously ignored have the entertainment divisions back to the drawing board. Probably too late to much save network TV, but a nice thing to see.

Are you saying that the intellectual content of network TV suggests that it has been aimed at anyone BUT uneducated/stupid white people? Previously ignored? They've been PANDERED to.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:21:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I am a little puzzled re how EB gets away with things

Not puzzling at all. They aren't insults.
Mentioning someone is mixed race
is not an insult. You must be easily
puzzled.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:45:23 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
Not puzzling at all. They aren't insults.
Mentioning someone is mixed race
is not an insult. You must be easily
puzzled.

I don't know what's worse: flinging insults, or not being man enough to own up to having done so. I've insulted you, Bob. With malice aforethought, because I thought you richly deserved it. I'm not going to weasel out of it. I probably deserved the suspensions I've gotten, because I violated forum rules. As you have, though without the same consequences. Be a man, Bob, Admit your actions.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:47:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I probably deserved the suspensions I've gotten.

Just as you'll deserve the final one.

Who cares.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:49:30 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
Oh well,
sucks to be you.

Personal insult. Consider this a warning.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:54:16 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
I am a little puzzled re how EB gets away with things like his recent attacks on terapined and racist insults about another poster last month--about which both targets complained several times--but the person running the show gets to make the rules.

EB has been warned about the personal insult.

This site is not as closely moderated as WoV because everybody is pretty well behaved, most of the time. Personally, I don't pay much attention to the political threads, which may explain why any perceived insults may have gone unpunished.

Anybody is welcome to make a complaint by sending me a Private Message with the URL of the offending post. The URL can be found by clicking "permalink" for any post. Please do not paraphrase the insult and expect me to go searching for it.

To both of you, please try to behave. I'd like to see you stick around a while this time.