GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

June 7th, 2017 at 6:43:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
So polls are meaningless at this time, but it is better to be doing badly at this point in those meaningless polls. Got it.

Exactly! If the polls are meaningless, better to
have them be the worst because when they
do mean something, you can only look better
comparatively.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 16th, 2017 at 7:23:31 AM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TRUMPER IS 50% BABY!!!!!!!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jun16

eat it lil man!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
June 19th, 2017 at 5:15:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
It's almost like Donald's number 1 goal is to make his most ardent defenders look like complete fools.

Quote: @realDonaldTrump
The new Rasmussen Poll, one of the most accurate in the 2016 Election, just out with a Trump 50% Approval Rating.That's higher than O's #'s!

Seems like only yesterday the Trumpsters were adamant that POLL NUMBERS DON'T MATTER.

Well, Donald disagrees with you.

(And his numbers aren't higher than Obama's. That's fake news, straight from the Orange Man's mouth.) He's setting up a dangerous precedent - comparing his poll numbers to Obama's... that won't work out well for him in the long run. People actually liked Obama.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 19th, 2017 at 5:41:27 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
People actually liked Obama.

People liked Jimmy Carter, too. Liking them didn't make either one of them particularly effective as President.

Poll numbers don't matter. The polls were way off in the last election cycle. I don't care if they matter to Trump; that is his issue. He has issues, just like you and I...and I don't blindly support everything he does. What matters is getting things done. If he gets things done, which is not happening now, he will be reelected. If he gets very little done, he will have a hard time keeping a majority and getting reelected.
June 19th, 2017 at 5:57:08 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
Poll numbers don't matter. The polls were way off in the last election cycle. I don't care if they matter to Trump; that is his issue. .

He has many "issues."

That is the fun of the Trump Presidency. Pointing out his many issues as his defenders pretend they don't exist or don't matter.

Me: Donald's inauguration crowd size was tiny.
Trumpsters: WHO CARES?
Donald: I DO!

Me: Donald's poll numbers suck.
Trumpsters: WHO CARES?
Donald: I DO!
June 19th, 2017 at 6:02:57 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
What matters is getting things done. If he gets things done, which is not happening now, he will be reelected. If he gets very little done, he will have a hard time keeping a majority and getting reelected.

Actually, if he gets his way and TrumpCare passes, that may prevent him from being reelected.

It's polling at like 20% and it disproportionately hurts many of his lower income supporters.
June 19th, 2017 at 9:15:07 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Seems like only yesterday the Trumpsters were adamant that POLL NUMBERS DON'T MATTER.

They're about to go back to that. Rasmussen just dropped him to -3, 51 disapprove vs 48 approve.

That certainly didn't last long.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 20th, 2017 at 7:39:32 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
What is the GOP majority in the Senate so ashamed of about their healthcare bill that they won't let anyone see it?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 20th, 2017 at 12:58:44 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Nareed
What is the GOP majority in the Senate so ashamed of about their healthcare bill that they won't let anyone see it?

It will be interesting to see how the righties on these boards react to TrumpCare....

Remember, EB hated it and called it an awful bill when it failed to pass the House the first time. I have a feeling he'll change his tune if it becomes law.
June 20th, 2017 at 3:14:32 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
It will be interesting to see how the righties on these boards react to TrumpCare....

Remember, EB hated it and called it an awful bill when it failed to pass the House the first time. I have a feeling he'll change his tune if it becomes law.

I don't know how the "righties" will feel about it; I am sure some will blindly support it no matter how much it contains just like some "lefties" blindly supported the ACA in spite of what it contained.

I'm pretty tired of Republicans in control not being able to put together bills they can pass and send them to the President to either sign or veto. Having the "majority" is worthless unless you do something with it. They have until about the end of the year to do something before the election mode kicks in and everyone becomes scared of their own shadow. Makes you wonder why so many of them (from both sides) fail to take principled stands and actually work at getting things done...are they that afraid of losing power and having to go back to work? Wimps.

Some of them have decided to battle President Trump at every turn. It is fine to not like him but you can send him bills that make him decide what to do instead of just appearing on TV every 15 minutes.